Politics 19 state legislators call on Newsom to reopen California theme parks - OCR/SCNG

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

cmwade77

There is no political upside for Newsom to slow down reopenings. It doesn't help at the top of the ticket and only hurts his party down ballot. Not sure why his presidential ambitions are relevant to the conversation right now but at the end of this California will be in better shape than any of the midwest states.
Actually, South Dakota has proven this quite false, they never shut down much and their economy is in better shape and they have done fairly well through all of this.

DLR92

Actually, South Dakota has proven this quite false, they never shut down much and their economy is in better shape and they have done fairly well through all of this.
California will always rebound with it economy. Doesn’t matter if we were in a financial crash, housing crash. California will get through this too. And stronger than the lousy Midwest economies.

LastoneOn

Well, they would already have had them had Newsom not illegally got several hundred thousand of the original signatures thrown out and yes, it was later discovered they were thrown out illegally, but apparently it was too late to correct it.
As I said earlier, has to get past HIS courts.

cmwade77

Let's just say I wish he was my president. At least Newsom isn't a raving lunatic, doesn't cater to racists, takes Covid seriously, and knows how to govern, unlike a certain politician who shall not be named.
Umm, I have to disagree with every single point and point out that Newsom is trying to become a full on dictator, sorry he is almost as evil as Pelozi and Harris combined....talk about pure evil.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Umm, I have to disagree with every single point and point out that Newsom is trying to become a full on dictator, sorry he is almost as evil as Pelozi and Harris combined....talk about pure evil.
As much as I now regret voting for Newsom this last last election even I’ll admit this seems a tad bit hyperbolic. I think given the fact California has held steady relative to much of the country in terms of COVID case counts and hospitalizations while many other states are trending back upward speaks to this fact.

That said I see your point that Newsom has totally overstepped in his singling out of the theme park industry even if the the tweedleBobs of TWDC haven’t played this well either. It’s been a poor Government Relations strategy on their part that hasn’t borne fruit, which is particularly surprising since I firmly believe Gavin was “their pick” for Governor too.

George Lucas on a Bench

Gavin, like many other California Liberals from San Francisco, doesn't really seem to have a great understanding of how the rest of the state operates, much less the country. Northern California is a totally different world. Just look at the wacky future gas car ban. I've been in Southern California a while. I know electric cars are very much an in thing, but people love their gas cars down here. They like long drives, racing, revving the engines and playing loud hip hop music. The gas car ban is another wacky thing that seems like a good idea on paper for fellow liberals to applaud, but in actuality shows how out of touch the guy is. The continued closure of Disneyland is another example. The entire Anaheim Resort area is crumbling around it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom