180 day ADR booking window to return

rooneymouse

Original Poster
DVCnews and touring plans are reporting rumors about 180 day ADR's possibility of returning due to complaints from guests.

Captain Chaos

Geez... 180 days out??? I don't know where I wanna eat tomorrow... Heck, 90 days out is a lot... 180 is overkill... It is becoming a stinking chore just to vacation in WDW...

Bluewaves

Hence why I don't do table service anymore so big a pain in the you know what, last time I did table service in Disney was a Planet Hollywood, there wasn't a wait and I didn't have to make a reservation 6 yrs in advance. Not to mention all the food in parks has gone seriously down hill.

Captain Chaos

Hence why I don't do table service anymore so big a pain in the you know what, last time I did table service in Disney was a Planet Hollywood, there wasn't a wait and I didn't have to make a reservation 6 yrs in advance. Not to mention all the food in parks has gone seriously down hill.

Let's not forget the online ADRs now.. I had such an issue with them on Monday, than I was about to cancel my dining plan and just eat offsite... 180 days out plud free dining, plus any other dining plan plus online ADRs eaqual to much of a hassel to eat in WDW...

Mimi's Cafe, BJs Restaurant, Houlihans, Outback, Orlando Ale House, Hooters :drevil: all sound good to me :)

Figment1986

180 days out wit the computer would be a hassel... esp since the parks schedules keep changing till like a month, or even week before. It's also bad as it hurts the locals who want to try some different table service palces once in a while...and not have to plan to eat at them 6 months ahead...

CAPTAIN HOOK

It's also bad as it hurts the locals who want to try some different table service palces once in a while...and not have to plan to eat at them 6 months ahead...

If overseas guests (me) can successfully plan a schedule for parks and dining 6 months ahead of schedule then there's no reason why the locals can't plan their dining requirements this far out either. I know that most would prefer to book about a week in advance but Disney can't make everyone happy. I would suggest that keeping those who stay in their resort hotels, purchase park tickets and eat in their restaurants is the biggest priority

chipndale72

90 or 180 days, Either way I love booking my ADR's, for me adds to the excitement and I know my holiday is getting closer. I agree though for the 180 days it would be very useful to even have a rough idea of park hours. For me it beats quick serve, having to have endless heated discussions with people table reserving, when your stood there with your tray of food and no where to sit.:shrug:

CAPTAIN HOOK

90 or 180 days, Either way I love booking my ADR's, for me adds to the excitement and I know my holiday is getting closer.
I know where you're coming from.

I agree though for the 180 days it would be very useful to even have a rough idea of park hours.
They were always published about a week before the 180 day mark - giving you just enough time to finalise those plans

For me it beats quick serve, having to have endless heated discussions with people table reserving, when your stood there with your tray of food and no where to sit.:shrug:

You can't beat a quick scuffle over a table and 4 chairs

reptar77

I hope it does return. All we do is table service and since the 90 day window our reservations have been harder to get.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
90 days or 180 days....wont make a bit of difference. The same restaurants will book out on day one. They did before the will again.

Susan Savia

Doesn't matter much I suppose. (Hmmm 180 days would mean I am coming up on that soon.) I think it would be nice to just be in a park and walk into a restaurant and get seated. Period.

bgraham34

Doesn't matter much I suppose. (Hmmm 180 days would mean I am coming up on that soon.) I think it would be nice to just be in a park and walk into a restaurant and get seated. Period.

My wife always says she misses the days when you could just walk into a restaurant and eat. Its so much more work now. But I still love it.

lilclerk

90 days or 180 days....wont make a bit of difference. The same restaurants will book out on day one. They did before the will again.
Agreed, I really don't see how 180 vs. 90 really makes much of a difference in availability.
I don't care either way, I'm one who books ASAP, but I really hope they start putting park schedules up 6 months before if they do this again.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I like it, as I tend to book my trips a year in advance anyway. It always came in handy when I could book my ADR's before the VISA free dining offer came up and restaurants filled up like crazy.

wserratore1963

Geez... 180 days out??? I don't know where I wanna eat tomorrow... Heck, 90 days out is a lot... 180 is overkill... It is becoming a stinking chore just to vacation in WDW...
I think the 180 is a good thing; i always book my airfare, accomodations etc at least that far out. My next trip is 8/21 and I called exactly 90 days out and was shut out for any seating in canada and could not get a fantasmic dinner/show seating before 3pm.
I agree it's a lot of planning however once you have been there once you know all the restarants and the menu really does not change or vary much; especially for kids.

worldfanatic

Mimi's Cafe, BJs Restaurant, Houlihans, Outback, Orlando Ale House, Hooters :drevil: all sound good to me :)

I don't travel 2600 miles to visit WDW and then hit restaurants that could be on my neighborhood corner.
These places could offer comp stretch limo service and free meals...................................No thank you.
I'll stay and pay on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom