180 day ADR booking window to return

ryguy

There is absolutely no logical reason to book a dining reservation more than a week or two out. Make it 14 days and I bet you would have less cancellations. I cancel at least one adr per trip because of circumstances (cranky kids ) or weather. The only exceptions would be a large party size or character Dining. I can see having a longer window to make those reservations because it takes a little more coordination because of the popularity. Other than that its overkill for sure. People are going to eat one way or the other. To me its more fair for everyone to keep the window closer, that way more people have a equal shot at getting what they want. Lets be real, only the die hards are making adr's that far in advance. Most people aren't thinking dining reservations 180 days out, or 90 for that matter. And the only reason the sane people are making reservations that far out is to keep up with the freaks. :hammer: :lol:

lbrad

Geez... 180 days out??? I don't know where I wanna eat tomorrow... Heck, 90 days out is a lot... 180 is overkill... It is becoming a stinking chore just to vacation in WDW...

I agree....90 days is ample time to make dining ressies:shrug:

lbrad

90 days or 180 days....wont make a bit of difference. The same restaurants will book out on day one. They did before the will again.

This is true :brick:But hopefully people will have finalized their plans closer to the 90 day mark & NOT make multiple ressies... making it easier for others to make ressies in the fisrt place:sohappy:

justdru

180 days out wit the computer would be a hassel... esp since the parks schedules keep changing till like a month, or even week before. It's also bad as it hurts the locals who want to try some different table service palces once in a while...and not have to plan to eat at them 6 months ahead...

I never even thought about the locals. It must suck for them.

DABIGCHEEZ

Remember how fun it used to be when you would walk into Epcot ... ride Spaceship Earth, exit and walk over a few feet and talk to a computer screen with an interactive customer service video hookup ... and 5 minutes later be thinking about how delicious the teppanyaki Mitsukoshi Dining Room will taste in a few hours?

Yes... I do remember booking the Italian restaurant through the interactive video hook-up. It was pretty nice at the time.

I now book through a interactive audio hook-up at 90 or 180 days. I am afraid spontaniety(sp?) at WDW has gone the way of Mr. Toad and Kitchen Caberet!

In a few years we may be booking our bathroom stops at the 45 day mark!!!:D

I really have no problem booking at 90 or 180... I know that's what needs to be done to enjoy our favorite restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom