10 days of Magic, Mickey, and Memories

Hi all!

And so it has come to an end. All the months of planning and preparing resulted in the best 10 days for my husband and I! Here are the basics:

Who: My DH and I
What: 10 days of Memories and Magic at Walt Disney World
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
When: September 13 to the 22
Why: A trip for resting and relaxing after a very long and hard year and in preparation of starting another personal journey.

Some background: My DH and I have traveled to Disney every year since we were married. So this marked our 8th trip in a row. Now the last two trips, I went solo. I went to Disneyland in 2010 and went for a girls getaway with my mom in May 2011. Since we started going to WDW together, a lot has happened. We moved twice, went through some very hard times, and have struggled with infertility. So this trip was focused on reconnecting and putting all of that "stuff" behind us. In the past, we have stayed either offsite (in 2005 and 2006) and then onsite at Deluxe Resorts. Since 2007, we have been able to drive to WDW since we lived only 4 1/2 hours away from the World. Okay, we are pretty much up to speed so now, on with the show! Or as Peter Pan would say...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the first time we stayed at POR as well as using DME. I will say to both, I would definitely recommend and stay/use again. We left very early on Thursday, September 13 and flew AirTran. It was a great flight and we got exceptional prices! We will definitely fly with AirTran again! The flight was smooth and on time so we arrived around 10 am at MCO and DME was ready and waiting for us! We did not have the fancy blue and cream DME bus which I was a tad disappointed about as I had never ridden on one! But we had a Mears bus and we were just ready to get to WDW!

IMAG0310.jpg

Excited to get to WDW!

IMAG0311.jpg

Super happy!

We arrived!
IMG_20120913_105550.jpg

Arriving at POR!
IMAG0315.jpg

We went ahead and did the online check in which didn't seem to make a difference. It was not busy, we still had questions, and we still talked to an agent. I will do it again, but didn't really notice that it made that much of a difference. We had called and requested a corner room on a higher floor and paid for garden view Royal Room. We got everything we asked for, except, our corner room faced a parking lot and was as far from everything as possible. So immediately called the front desk and I explained that I paid for garden view and would like garden view. We were moved to another room, that was near the pool, and a good location. It was not a corner room. The reason for the request for the corner is that I understand that the rooms can be quite dark so a corner room would let in more natural light. It would have been nice for that corner room but it didn't really bother us much at all.

IMG_20120913_120424.jpg

View from the room

IMG_20120913_120248.jpg

We first ate lunch since we were starved! We headed down to Riverside Mill. The DH tried to the pasta bar with cheese cake and I the burger and red velvet cake! All were delicious!!!!

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

The Royal Rooms were so nice! We really liked them a lot! They were beautiful!!

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

Yep, that's Stacy! The Must-Do's! Unt Beer???

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

Kelsybelle

Wow! I loved reading your trip report! I can't wait for my DD to get home from school so I can show her your pics!
There are so many things about your trip I loved, I can't just comment on one!!! You two are absolutley adorable, and I just know all of your hopes and dreams will come true! xoxo

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Wow! I loved reading your trip report! I can't wait for my DD to get home from school so I can show her your pics!
There are so many things about your trip I loved, I can't just comment on one!!! You two are absolutley adorable, and I just know all of your hopes and dreams will come true! xoxo

Thank you so much!! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Photo pass pics...never did it. Starting to think it isn't such a bad idea!

You guys take your Buzz seriously!

I LOVE THE CHIP PICTURE!!!

There is one where it looks like Mickey is looking at...um...I will just stop there.

These were great to see.

A++ on the trip report!

Wait, which picture? i'm cracking up and kind find which one you are talking about! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
[quote="6laurac, post: 5167441, member: 80605"
Your bonus picture-I just noticed that you both "match" wherever the place was you all went too. I do that by wearing a red shirt to MK and green to AK.
Oh and in the south we say to our friends, "Girrrl, did your Husband see you before you left the house?"

In other words, you looked cute in that dress.][/quote]

Thank you SO much for noticing!! I put a lot of effort into that! :) And we don't wear the same stuff but we "match". :) hee hee Its an obsession of mine and i'm so excited someone noticed!!! :)

I am loving this trip report! Your pictures are absolutely fabulous! I wish I had a good dlsr camera. i took a ton of pics but they are no where near as clear and crisp as yours. Our photopass pictures were pretty bad this time. I know that most of their photographers aren't seasoned photographers but alot of our pictures were very dark and off centered.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I am loving this trip report! Your pictures are absolutely fabulous! I wish I had a good dlsr camera. i took a ton of pics but they are no where near as clear and crisp as yours. Our photopass pictures were pretty bad this time. I know that most of their photographers aren't seasoned photographers but alot of our pictures were very dark and off centered.

Thank you so much! I love my DSLR! It has gotten me so into photography now. We still need to take a class but we just have fun experimenting! :)

Alison1975

I just saw that yesterday at Target! I was interested but ended up buying the mole skin. maybe i will have both for next trip! :)

We have the body glide and the one for feet and mole skin..LMAO.. my mom needed it all.. mine was because my flip flops finally were giving up and bunching up under my toes..next year I will bring 2 pairs of UA gel flops :)

tracyandalex

Great trip report! We have decided to get the Photopass+ for our trip in December mostly because it is for a whole week and DD loves the meet & greets and we are hoping that she will finally have hit that 40'" mark. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures. Truly hero worthy performance at world showcase!! Oh yeah and we have been thinking of doing the princess room for DD and you have sold us on it, she will love it. We love POR and POFQ equally for their uniqueness, they really do represent both sides of NOLA (another place we love). Glad you had a great trip.

Hi I love your blog here, it's wonderful!!!!! It's so much fun there during the Halloween season. Did you guys dress up for the MNSSHP? We usually do it and I enjoy it so much and I do the Trick & Treat too hehehe..... You got me all excited here for Disney I am having major withdrawels. Take care ok. Love your updates. Lucille :)

Courtnie1811

I'm so glad you stayed here. This is where we will be staying next September!

Hi all!

And so it has come to an end. All the months of planning and preparing resulted in the best 10 days for my husband and I! Here are the basics:

Who: My DH and I
What: 10 days of Memories and Magic at Walt Disney World
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
When: September 13 to the 22
Why: A trip for resting and relaxing after a very long and hard year and in preparation of starting another personal journey.

Some background: My DH and I have traveled to Disney every year since we were married. So this marked our 8th trip in a row. Now the last two trips, I went solo. I went to Disneyland in 2010 and went for a girls getaway with my mom in May 2011. Since we started going to WDW together, a lot has happened. We moved twice, went through some very hard times, and have struggled with infertility. So this trip was focused on reconnecting and putting all of that "stuff" behind us. In the past, we have stayed either offsite (in 2005 and 2006) and then onsite at Deluxe Resorts. Since 2007, we have been able to drive to WDW since we lived only 4 1/2 hours away from the World. Okay, we are pretty much up to speed so now, on with the show! Or as Peter Pan would say...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the first time we stayed at POR as well as using DME. I will say to both, I would definitely recommend and stay/use again. We left very early on Thursday, September 13 and flew AirTran. It was a great flight and we got exceptional prices! We will definitely fly with AirTran again! The flight was smooth and on time so we arrived around 10 am at MCO and DME was ready and waiting for us! We did not have the fancy blue and cream DME bus which I was a tad disappointed about as I had never ridden on one! But we had a Mears bus and we were just ready to get to WDW!

IMAG0310.jpg

Excited to get to WDW!

IMAG0311.jpg

Super happy!

We arrived!
IMG_20120913_105550.jpg

Arriving at POR!
IMAG0315.jpg

We went ahead and did the online check in which didn't seem to make a difference. It was not busy, we still had questions, and we still talked to an agent. I will do it again, but didn't really notice that it made that much of a difference. We had called and requested a corner room on a higher floor and paid for garden view Royal Room. We got everything we asked for, except, our corner room faced a parking lot and was as far from everything as possible. So immediately called the front desk and I explained that I paid for garden view and would like garden view. We were moved to another room, that was near the pool, and a good location. It was not a corner room. The reason for the request for the corner is that I understand that the rooms can be quite dark so a corner room would let in more natural light. It would have been nice for that corner room but it didn't really bother us much at all.

IMG_20120913_120424.jpg

View from the room

IMG_20120913_120248.jpg

We first ate lunch since we were starved! We headed down to Riverside Mill. The DH tried to the pasta bar with cheese cake and I the burger and red velvet cake! All were delicious!!!!

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

The Royal Rooms were so nice! We really liked them a lot! They were beautiful!!

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

Yep, that's Stacy! The Must-Do's! Unt Beer???

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

I loved your TR. I have been in tears the entire time. (Not that this is strange. Disney always gets me misty eyed.) Anywho....I am going to the World in 30 days and have been saving my pennies to make a wish in the fountain. You see, I want to find my prince and I am eager for a move to Central Florida and out of my current job. However, after reading your TR, rest assured that one of the those pennies is going to be a wish for you. In fact, my niece who is a miracle IVF baby, will be the one to throw that darned penny in the fountain for you. I hope that your dream comes true soon. Prayers and pixie dust coming your way.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Great trip report! We have decided to get the Photopass+ for our trip in December mostly because it is for a whole week and DD loves the meet & greets and we are hoping that she will finally have hit that 40'" mark. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures. Truly hero worthy performance at world showcase!! Oh yeah and we have been thinking of doing the princess room for DD and you have sold us on it, she will love it. We love POR and POFQ equally for their uniqueness, they really do represent both sides of NOLA (another place we love). Glad you had a great trip.

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! You will love Photopass+! She will love love love the Royal Rooms! :) Have a great trip!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Hi I love your blog here, it's wonderful!!!!! It's so much fun there during the Halloween season. Did you guys dress up for the MNSSHP? We usually do it and I enjoy it so much and I do the Trick & Treat too hehehe..... You got me all excited here for Disney I am having major withdrawels. Take care ok. Love your updates. Lucille :)

Thank you so much! We didn't dress up. I was going to be Minnie Mouse but we decided to stay at the park and not head back to the resort. We didn't start with a great bus experience so that effected us deciding not to go back and change. But I still rocked my ears! :) And I was in red and white and black so it worked. :) We got SO much candy! We still have some left! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I loved your TR. I have been in tears the entire time. (Not that this is strange. Disney always gets me misty eyed.) Anywho....I am going to the World in 30 days and have been saving my pennies to make a wish in the fountain. You see, I want to find my prince and I am eager for a move to Central Florida and out of my current job. However, after reading your TR, rest assured that one of the those pennies is going to be a wish for you. In fact, my niece who is a miracle IVF baby, will be the one to throw that darned penny in the fountain for you. I hope that your dream comes true soon. Prayers and pixie dust coming your way.

Thank you so much! Now you have me misty eyed!! That is so precious that she will throw in the penny! I find out tomorrow when our next step is. So I wrote the following blog this morning.

http://thedreamplanner.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-true-love-story.html

This is my personal blog. Up! is our movie - you will see why. :) Thank you again!!! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Loved this! We are staying at a Royal Room in December, but GF is our favorite too! I wanna shop with you, your outfits are adorable!

Ahhh thank you! I get inspired by outfits on Pinterest and either find something like it (b/c usually they are outrageous prices) or put together stuff already in my closet. But I get inspired from Pinterest for sure! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom