10 days of Magic, Mickey, and Memories

Hi all!

And so it has come to an end. All the months of planning and preparing resulted in the best 10 days for my husband and I! Here are the basics:

Who: My DH and I
What: 10 days of Memories and Magic at Walt Disney World
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
When: September 13 to the 22
Why: A trip for resting and relaxing after a very long and hard year and in preparation of starting another personal journey.

Some background: My DH and I have traveled to Disney every year since we were married. So this marked our 8th trip in a row. Now the last two trips, I went solo. I went to Disneyland in 2010 and went for a girls getaway with my mom in May 2011. Since we started going to WDW together, a lot has happened. We moved twice, went through some very hard times, and have struggled with infertility. So this trip was focused on reconnecting and putting all of that "stuff" behind us. In the past, we have stayed either offsite (in 2005 and 2006) and then onsite at Deluxe Resorts. Since 2007, we have been able to drive to WDW since we lived only 4 1/2 hours away from the World. Okay, we are pretty much up to speed so now, on with the show! Or as Peter Pan would say...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the first time we stayed at POR as well as using DME. I will say to both, I would definitely recommend and stay/use again. We left very early on Thursday, September 13 and flew AirTran. It was a great flight and we got exceptional prices! We will definitely fly with AirTran again! The flight was smooth and on time so we arrived around 10 am at MCO and DME was ready and waiting for us! We did not have the fancy blue and cream DME bus which I was a tad disappointed about as I had never ridden on one! But we had a Mears bus and we were just ready to get to WDW!

IMAG0310.jpg

Excited to get to WDW!

IMAG0311.jpg

Super happy!

We arrived!
IMG_20120913_105550.jpg

Arriving at POR!
IMAG0315.jpg

We went ahead and did the online check in which didn't seem to make a difference. It was not busy, we still had questions, and we still talked to an agent. I will do it again, but didn't really notice that it made that much of a difference. We had called and requested a corner room on a higher floor and paid for garden view Royal Room. We got everything we asked for, except, our corner room faced a parking lot and was as far from everything as possible. So immediately called the front desk and I explained that I paid for garden view and would like garden view. We were moved to another room, that was near the pool, and a good location. It was not a corner room. The reason for the request for the corner is that I understand that the rooms can be quite dark so a corner room would let in more natural light. It would have been nice for that corner room but it didn't really bother us much at all.

IMG_20120913_120424.jpg

View from the room

IMG_20120913_120248.jpg

We first ate lunch since we were starved! We headed down to Riverside Mill. The DH tried to the pasta bar with cheese cake and I the burger and red velvet cake! All were delicious!!!!

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

The Royal Rooms were so nice! We really liked them a lot! They were beautiful!!

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

Yep, that's Stacy! The Must-Do's! Unt Beer???

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

PolynesianPrincess

Love the TR!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I love all the pictures :) I am full from just reading about all the food you ate at Epcot. It's not hard to find something delicious in every country there!! :)

Sorry to hear about the bad luck with the busses. We stayed at All Star Sports last week and I thought for sure we would have bad luck with busses but we only did one time and that was going to Downtown Disney. All the other times we had good luck with the busses, even to and from MK.

I hope your wish comes true. Just hope for the best and everything that's meant to be will happen. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your trip!! I especially liked all the pictures of the food!! I am going to go back and writing down all the good food I saw in your tr so I know what I will be eating when we go in Aug. When I watched your video of the park opening I cried with you! I love that there are people out there like me! Best wishes!

Thanks!! I have a word document if you want the full list of eating and drinking around the world! Just email careypoppins@gmail.com and I will send it to you. :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I really want to go sans kids for a weekend to drink around the world..lol

It was fun! It was far more expensive then I anticipated - not sure why I didn't take that into consideration when planning! HA! :) They have the babysitting service at the resorts. My friends used them and they thought they were great!!!!

Alison1975

It was fun! It was far more expensive then I anticipated - not sure why I didn't take that into consideration when planning! HA! :) They have the babysitting service at the resorts. My friends used them and they thought they were great!!!!

My kids..with a babysitter..lol.. never gonna happen. I still hope one day we can go for a weekend alone.. ha ha ha..

lebeau

How did this get to be 10 pages long before I jumped on board? I'm going to have to make some time later on to read this. A Royal Princess Room and MNSSHP? Off to a great start. Can't wait to get caught up!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
How did this get to be 10 pages long before I jumped on board? I'm going to have to make some time later on to read this. A Royal Princess Room and MNSSHP? Off to a great start. Can't wait to get caught up!

Happy Reading! The last thing I have to add is PhotoPass+ pics and i'm stalking the mailman until they arrive. (paid for express but monday is a no mail holiday :( )

disneygirl76

Original Poster
No. :( I did express, said it shipped the 4th which I thought odd b/c I ordered it the 2nd but it was late so they probably processed the order the 3rd and mailed the 4th. Then it says 3 to 5 day for express delievery - but allow for an additional 1 to 2 days??? Why??? UGH! So 3 days is today - Sunday no mail, 4 days is tomorrow, thank you Mr. Columbus, and so i am hoping for Tuesday! But - this additional 1 to 2 day thing confuses me. How many days did it take you to get yours?

Alison1975

No. :( I did express, said it shipped the 4th which I thought odd b/c I ordered it the 2nd but it was late so they probably processed the order the 3rd and mailed the 4th. Then it says 3 to 5 day for express delievery - but allow for an additional 1 to 2 days??? Why??? UGH! So 3 days is today - Sunday no mail, 4 days is tomorrow, thank you Mr. Columbus, and so i am hoping for Tuesday! But - this additional 1 to 2 day thing confuses me. How many days did it take you to get yours?

I got it Friday..um..not sure what day I ordered it..monday or Tuesday..

disneygirl76

Original Poster
GOT THE PHOTOPASS CD! WOO HOO WILL BE UPDATING TRIP REPORT WITH THOSE PICS AFTER DINNER (I MADE LE CELLIER CHEDDER BEER SOUP BY THE WAY! YUM!)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
After what felt like forever! The Photopass Disk arrived! I wanted to get the trip report out ASAP so I didn't wait for the disk. The cool thing with PhotoPass+ is that the ride photos you can download right away. So you have seen those. I am going to add them in the order of the days we went. :) Hope you like them!!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Thursday September 13

I should state that i'm a photo pass and magic shot junkie. My goal is to get all the magic shots! And I got a lot of new ones this trip!! And since we had photopass+, I stopped and had everyone take our picture!

This was the day we arrived and we headed to Epcot!

First Photo! :)

Photo0007FourBySix.jpg

Soarin' Magic Pic! I was told that it could only be done over by Soarin' however I rarely find a photopass photographer over there and I kind of like how it is over Space Ship Earth!

Photo0012FourBySix.jpg

When we were walking through the countries, we found the best photographer on the bridge! She took loads of pics!!!!

Photo0013FourBySix.jpg

Photo0021FourBySix.jpg

Wait what? Butterflies!

Photo0022FourBySix.jpg

Photo0024FourBySix.jpg

Look at my wings!!!!!!!!!!!! I have pixie wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photo0035FourBySix.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Next day, Magic Kingdom! Loads of pics! This was Friday, September 14 and all day at MK! Also, MNSSHP!

Photo0064FourBySix.jpg

Photo0050FourBySix.jpg

We did see Mickey but there was no photopass photographer....grrrr....

Over by Pirates, I want the Captain Hook magic picture! When we were there in 2007, we had it taken but it didn't load to our card!!! So I don't have it!! The photographer didn't have it but did have this one! :)

Photo0071FourBySix.jpg

Photo0072FourBySix.jpg

Splash Mountain

Photo0074FourBySix.jpg

Meeting Jessie (Woody just left and I was really hoping to have them BOTH!)

Photo0077FourBySix.jpg

Photo0079FourBySix.jpg

Photo0084FourBySix.jpg

Space Mountain

Photo0085FourBySix.jpg

Buzz Lightyear

Photo0086FourBySix.jpg

Time for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Photo0091FourBySix.jpg

Photo0101FourBySix.jpg

Space Mountain again

Photo0109FourBySix.jpg

Meeting the 7 dwarfs!

Photo0110FourBySix.jpg

Grumpy Kiss

Photo0113FourBySix.jpg

Dopey Kiss
Photo0115FourBySix.jpg

The whole gang!

Photo0120FourBySix.jpg

Haunted Mansion!

Photo0129FourBySix.jpg

Photo0134FourBySix.jpg

So I asked about 5 different cast members and photopass photographers if the Mickey and Minnie at Main Street are in Halloween outfits and was told no. I hope this was accurate b/c I really wanted to get that photo but couldn't find them in outfit.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Saturday September 15 was Animal Kingdom and then Epcot

Photo0142FourBySix.jpg

Bonus picture

Photo0144FourBySix.jpg

Photo0163FourBySix.jpg

Grrrrrr

Photo0167FourBySix.jpg

Simba

Photo0196FourBySix.jpg

Don't like stitch but oh well - here he is!

Photo0203FourBySix.jpg

Photo0214FourBySix.jpg

Photo0218FourBySix.jpg

That was it for this day. We got rained out at AK - had to buy ponchos b/c see the cute animal print bag? yeah...wasn't thinking and didn't bring the ones I had...grrr.... and after that - we were a bit on the soggy side!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Sunday September 16th - MK all day! Another big picture day!

Started the day with White Rabbit!

Photo0227FourBySix.jpg

We are having a moment!

Photo0229FourBySix.jpg

Photo0228FourBySix.jpg

What am I doing? Impressing Merida with my hair!

Photo0236FourBySix.jpg

Photo0244FourBySix.jpg

Photo0249FourBySix.jpg

Ok - full disclosure. I am fully aware that I am posting the next set of pics on the internet. Don't judge! What happened was is I was first in line for when Pirate Goofy came back after shining his boots. So....the photographer had some fun with my taking pics! So...remember....don't judge!!!

Photo0251FourBySix.jpg

Photo0256FourBySix.jpg

She said to work it - so i did.

Photo0259FourBySix.jpg

Photo0263FourBySix.jpg

I'm not sure what is happening here...

Photo0266FourBySix.jpg

Saved by Goofy

Photo0269FourBySix.jpg

He was holding onto me so hard!

Photo0270FourBySix.jpg

Goofy was in trouble b/c he actually walked right past me to take the little boy behind me so I stood there with a pouty face and he came back to grab me. And he did! Quite the hugger that Goofy!

Photo0271FourBySix.jpg

Photo0278FourBySix.jpg

Photo0282FourBySix.jpg

Photo0286FourBySix.jpg

After the Goofy love fest...Splash Mountain

Photo0293FourBySix.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom