10 days of Magic, Mickey, and Memories

Hi all!

And so it has come to an end. All the months of planning and preparing resulted in the best 10 days for my husband and I! Here are the basics:

Who: My DH and I
What: 10 days of Memories and Magic at Walt Disney World
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
When: September 13 to the 22
Why: A trip for resting and relaxing after a very long and hard year and in preparation of starting another personal journey.

Some background: My DH and I have traveled to Disney every year since we were married. So this marked our 8th trip in a row. Now the last two trips, I went solo. I went to Disneyland in 2010 and went for a girls getaway with my mom in May 2011. Since we started going to WDW together, a lot has happened. We moved twice, went through some very hard times, and have struggled with infertility. So this trip was focused on reconnecting and putting all of that "stuff" behind us. In the past, we have stayed either offsite (in 2005 and 2006) and then onsite at Deluxe Resorts. Since 2007, we have been able to drive to WDW since we lived only 4 1/2 hours away from the World. Okay, we are pretty much up to speed so now, on with the show! Or as Peter Pan would say...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the first time we stayed at POR as well as using DME. I will say to both, I would definitely recommend and stay/use again. We left very early on Thursday, September 13 and flew AirTran. It was a great flight and we got exceptional prices! We will definitely fly with AirTran again! The flight was smooth and on time so we arrived around 10 am at MCO and DME was ready and waiting for us! We did not have the fancy blue and cream DME bus which I was a tad disappointed about as I had never ridden on one! But we had a Mears bus and we were just ready to get to WDW!

IMAG0310.jpg

Excited to get to WDW!

IMAG0311.jpg

Super happy!

We arrived!
IMG_20120913_105550.jpg

Arriving at POR!
IMAG0315.jpg

We went ahead and did the online check in which didn't seem to make a difference. It was not busy, we still had questions, and we still talked to an agent. I will do it again, but didn't really notice that it made that much of a difference. We had called and requested a corner room on a higher floor and paid for garden view Royal Room. We got everything we asked for, except, our corner room faced a parking lot and was as far from everything as possible. So immediately called the front desk and I explained that I paid for garden view and would like garden view. We were moved to another room, that was near the pool, and a good location. It was not a corner room. The reason for the request for the corner is that I understand that the rooms can be quite dark so a corner room would let in more natural light. It would have been nice for that corner room but it didn't really bother us much at all.

IMG_20120913_120424.jpg

View from the room

IMG_20120913_120248.jpg

We first ate lunch since we were starved! We headed down to Riverside Mill. The DH tried to the pasta bar with cheese cake and I the burger and red velvet cake! All were delicious!!!!

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

The Royal Rooms were so nice! We really liked them a lot! They were beautiful!!

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

Yep, that's Stacy! The Must-Do's! Unt Beer???

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
This next set from MK is some of my most favorite! We had a great photographer! He was earning his ears and he was the best!!! I am actually going to get it made into a canvas. Its so great!

Photo0294FourBySix.jpg

Photo0307FourBySix.jpg

Photo0325FourBySix.jpg

This was actual not supposed to look like this - not sure why they put balloons in his hand.

Photo0326FourBySix.jpg

It was supposed to look like this.

Photo0328FourBySix.jpg

The idea is that I lost my shoe and Prince was running after me.

I love this pic! The one with the fireworks going off!

Photo0331FourBySix.jpg

Bonus picture

Photo0333FourBySix.jpg

Here are where the balloons were supposed to go. Not sure where we were standing though. I kind of don't remember this!

Photo0335FourBySix.jpg

And one more Space Mountain

Photo0336FourBySix.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Monday, September 17th

We started the day with O'hana. I love that you get the digital copies of your meal package with photopass +.

Photo0337FourBySix.jpg

Photo0354FourBySix.jpg

Photo0356FourBySix.jpg

Then off to DHS

Photo0362FourBySix.jpg

Photo0371FourBySix.jpg

Photo0373FourBySix.jpg

Time for Lightening!

Photo0386FourBySix.jpg

Photo0397FourBySix.jpg

Photo0391FourBySix.jpg

Rockin Roller Coaster

Photo0382FourBySix.jpg

Tower of Terror

Photo0380FourBySix.jpg

Photo0381FourBySix.jpg

Photo0403FourBySix.jpg

Photo0410FourBySix.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Tuesday September 18 - Animal Kingdom

Started with Everest

Photo0417FourBySix.jpg

Photo0427FourBySix.jpg

Photo0433FourBySix.jpg

And then on to Dinosaur

Photo0435FourBySix.jpg

We don't have many from this day b/c we got completely rained out. It was awful! We were supposed to do a bunch of stuff at the resort this night and it was just a soggy wet mess.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Drinking Around the World day!

Wednesday September 19th

Photo0442FourBySix.jpg

Photo0450FourBySix.jpg

Since this was our food and wine fest - we used the logo even though it had not officially begun

Photo0461FourBySix.jpg

Photo0465FourBySix.jpg

Photo0475FourBySix.jpg

Photo0481FourBySix.jpg

Photo0485FourBySix.jpg

Photo0501FourBySix.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Thursday September 20th

Another day at MK

Photo0505FourBySix.jpg

Photo0528FourBySix.jpg

Photo0530FourBySix.jpg

Photo0541FourBySix.jpg

Photo0545FourBySix.jpg

Photo0555FourBySix.jpg

Photo0562FourBySix.jpg

Photo0566FourBySix.jpg

Again...no Captain Hook pic - so we did our own pirates!

Photo0569FourBySix.jpg

Photo0574FourBySix.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Friday September 21

DHS and Epcot

Photo0578FourBySix.jpg

Photo0587FourBySix.jpg

Photo0591FourBySix.jpg

Okay - so I was told AFTER we didn't plan on going to AK again that apparently all the tinks in the different parks are different. So, I had MK, and now DHS, and I was heading to Epcot. And you know me! It DID cross my mind to get to Epcot just for this pic! But decided against it.

Photo0597FourBySix.jpg

Photo0601FourBySix.jpg

Photo0605FourBySix.jpg

Photo0614FourBySix.jpg

Photo0628FourBySix.jpg

Photo0639FourBySix.jpg

I have been waiting for this Magic Shot!

Photo0643FourBySix.jpg

Rockin Roller Coaster

Photo0644FourBySix.jpg

Tower of Terror

Photo0646FourBySix.jpg

Photo0647FourBySix.jpg

Off to Epcot!

Photo0649FourBySix.jpg

Photo0659FourBySix.jpg

Photo0668FourBySix.jpg

It was SUPER windy - so he wanted us to look like we were flying away

Photo0677FourBySix.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Last day! MK until time to catch DME. And CRT - our last day tradition!

Photo0679FourBySix.jpg

Photo0686FourBySix.jpg

Photo0695FourBySix.jpg

Photo0699FourBySix.jpg

Photo0703FourBySix.jpg

Photo0709FourBySix.jpg

Photo0712FourBySix.jpg

Photo0718FourBySix.jpg

Photo0723FourBySix.jpg

Photo0729FourBySix.jpg

So there you have it! All of our PhotoPass+ pics! I will say, I will ALWAYS do PP+! Its so great! I'm a border junkie so I make sure to get boarders of all choices on all the pics so when I scrap book later, I have all choices. So in total, I have 729 pics! WHAT!!! :D

I guess this officially ends my trip report! Thanks for reading!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Awesome pics and TR. I gotta say, this by far is the funniest picture yet. "Dont you dare steal my balloons!!!!!"
Photo0326FourBySix.jpg

I know right! This was not supposed to be a magic shot but when we looked at them that night, we busted out laughing. 1) Castle looks like its being bombed! and 2) why are you chasing me with balloons!!! 3) the no shoe thing - just bizarre and hilarious!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Wow you got some great magic shots! I think we only got a total of 3! Next time I will ask for them!

Yes, asking is key! :) You can ask each photographer. Depending on their willingness and length of time there and if there is a crowd, you can get loads! :)

I have to take at least two pairs of shoes and switch them out daily. It makes a huge difference. I also found these little things at Wal Mart in the section with innersoles and such called Blisters. They can be used to stop or control the pain after you get blisters. They are incredibily thin with a padded center. If you start out in them, you won't get blisters on or between your toes. Mole skin is better if the blister is bad. Nothing can ruin a trip to Disney faster than painful feet. Others who wore flip flop type shoes got blisters where the piece goes between the toes even though they had been wearing those shoes forever. It's the constancy and walking on concrete that makes the difference. My daughter walks miles everyday, but her feet actually hurt her this time.
My first 5 trips to Disney were exactly the same for me! My 3 little toes were so badly blistered by day 3 that it was torture to walk. I had to switch shoes and bandage my toes several times each day. Then I found this miracle "stick" by Doctor Schoals. Its a roll on like body glide that helps eleviate friction which is the main cause of blisters. That combined with moisture wicking socks and tennis shoes with mesh have seriously saved my life! I have been to Disney 3 times since these items have made it into my life and have never gotten another blister!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
My first 5 trips to Disney were exactly the same for me! My 3 little toes were so badly blistered by day 3 that it was torture to walk. I had to switch shoes and bandage my toes several times each day. Then I found this miracle "stick" by Doctor Schoals. Its a roll on like body glide that helps eleviate friction which is the main cause of blisters. That combined with moisture wicking socks and tennis shoes with mesh have seriously saved my life! I have been to Disney 3 times since these items have made it into my life and have never gotten another blister!
I just saw that yesterday at Target! I was interested but ended up buying the mole skin. maybe i will have both for next trip! :)

6laurac

Saturday September 15 was Animal Kingdom and then Epcot

Your bonus picture-I just noticed that you both "match" wherever the place was you all went too. I do that by wearing a red shirt to MK and green to AK.
Oh and in the south we say to our friends, "Girrrl, did your Husband see you before you left the house?"

In other words, you looked cute in that dress.

Photo0142FourBySix.jpg

Bonus picture

Photo0144FourBySix.jpg

Photo0163FourBySix.jpg

Grrrrrr

Photo0167FourBySix.jpg

Simba

Photo0196FourBySix.jpg

Don't like stitch but oh well - here he is!

Photo0203FourBySix.jpg

Photo0214FourBySix.jpg

Photo0218FourBySix.jpg

That was it for this day. We got rained out at AK - had to buy ponchos b/c see the cute animal print bag? yeah...wasn't thinking and didn't bring the ones I had...grrr.... and after that - we were a bit on the soggy side!

luv

Photo pass pics...never did it. Starting to think it isn't such a bad idea!

You guys take your Buzz seriously!

I LOVE THE CHIP PICTURE!!!

There is one where it looks like Mickey is looking at...um...I will just stop there.

These were great to see.

A++ on the trip report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom