10 days of Magic, Mickey, and Memories

Hi all!

And so it has come to an end. All the months of planning and preparing resulted in the best 10 days for my husband and I! Here are the basics:

Who: My DH and I
What: 10 days of Memories and Magic at Walt Disney World
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
When: September 13 to the 22
Why: A trip for resting and relaxing after a very long and hard year and in preparation of starting another personal journey.

Some background: My DH and I have traveled to Disney every year since we were married. So this marked our 8th trip in a row. Now the last two trips, I went solo. I went to Disneyland in 2010 and went for a girls getaway with my mom in May 2011. Since we started going to WDW together, a lot has happened. We moved twice, went through some very hard times, and have struggled with infertility. So this trip was focused on reconnecting and putting all of that "stuff" behind us. In the past, we have stayed either offsite (in 2005 and 2006) and then onsite at Deluxe Resorts. Since 2007, we have been able to drive to WDW since we lived only 4 1/2 hours away from the World. Okay, we are pretty much up to speed so now, on with the show! Or as Peter Pan would say...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the first time we stayed at POR as well as using DME. I will say to both, I would definitely recommend and stay/use again. We left very early on Thursday, September 13 and flew AirTran. It was a great flight and we got exceptional prices! We will definitely fly with AirTran again! The flight was smooth and on time so we arrived around 10 am at MCO and DME was ready and waiting for us! We did not have the fancy blue and cream DME bus which I was a tad disappointed about as I had never ridden on one! But we had a Mears bus and we were just ready to get to WDW!

IMAG0310.jpg

Excited to get to WDW!

IMAG0311.jpg

Super happy!

We arrived!
IMG_20120913_105550.jpg

Arriving at POR!
IMAG0315.jpg

We went ahead and did the online check in which didn't seem to make a difference. It was not busy, we still had questions, and we still talked to an agent. I will do it again, but didn't really notice that it made that much of a difference. We had called and requested a corner room on a higher floor and paid for garden view Royal Room. We got everything we asked for, except, our corner room faced a parking lot and was as far from everything as possible. So immediately called the front desk and I explained that I paid for garden view and would like garden view. We were moved to another room, that was near the pool, and a good location. It was not a corner room. The reason for the request for the corner is that I understand that the rooms can be quite dark so a corner room would let in more natural light. It would have been nice for that corner room but it didn't really bother us much at all.

IMG_20120913_120424.jpg

View from the room

IMG_20120913_120248.jpg

We first ate lunch since we were starved! We headed down to Riverside Mill. The DH tried to the pasta bar with cheese cake and I the burger and red velvet cake! All were delicious!!!!

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

The Royal Rooms were so nice! We really liked them a lot! They were beautiful!!

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

Yep, that's Stacy! The Must-Do's! Unt Beer???

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
I just got caught up on the ending for you TR. I have to tell you that your report has been one of my favs! I am glad you guys had a good time! I will pray that your dreams do come true! Thanks again for sharing an awesome report!
Thank you! :) That means a lot! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Just ordered the photopass cd with express delivery! Will be adding the Photo Pass pics to the Trip Report - should be by the weekend!!!

Alison1975

The nicest man! This guy was super nice too! Don't know his name but he was fun!

IMG_4780.JPG

Thats Arneil, the doorman. We stay at POFQ , We've had many many conversations. He's got a great personality.[/quote]

i like the other one a little better..LOL.. I have a pic of him with the kids I think from our last day.. I have so many darn gold deblooms (yeah I can't spell) from this trip..LOL

popcenturylover

Love your trip report! We just got back Sunday evening. Crowds were crazy!!! It doesn't look like they were as bad for you guys. Anyway, I hope that your wishes do come true!!! Hang in there, we had some issues trying to have our youngest. (Our only child together, we have 2 older children 19 & 20) We had a miscarriage, then it was 4 years before we had our "miracle baby"! We celebrated her 4th b-day all week at WDW!!! So, just relax & keep on trying!!!:)

ctosh

I just got caught up on your TR. I can relate to what you are feeling. And I know you have heard it before but God has a plan for you. Not to go there but it's true... Anywhoo loved the pictures and great TR. Best of luck in all you do.

DisneyDaver

My girlfriend and I loved reading your trip reports, especially the fabulous pics. We're heading to WDW in a couple weeks. While I am a big Disney fan and go to WDW every few years, she has not been since she was a kid. I am more exited about our upcoming trip than she is, but have no doubt that once she is immersed in the magic, she will want to go back soon!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
know what..I dont even remember but I was looking for you like the whole time and I swear I saw ya but not close...
I was looking for you too!!!!! That is so funny! The whole trip I was looking around for people on the boards but so many don't have real pics but images for the avitar so I am sure i was passing people and didn't even know it!

Alison1975

I was looking for you too!!!!! That is so funny! The whole trip I was looking around for people on the boards but so many don't have real pics but images for the avitar so I am sure i was passing people and didn't even know it!

I met 2 :)..one in the UK and one at the bus stop..but they noticed me.. cus of the kids..lolo

Yeah - we were feeling the effects of the day. I will say, neither of us were drunk or even terribly tipsy. It was more a feeling of exhaustion and being full!

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You two are my personal heroes. I would love to try that sometime, but honestly. . . they would have had to fish me out of the lagoon. . .

Thanks for sharing this report. . . I enjoyed reading it!

mickeykoala

Thanks for sharing your trip, it was a great read and the pictures are wonderful. I felt like I was there. Btw, I've never noticed the fountain in Morocco either - gotta keep an eye out for it next time.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your trip, it was a great read and the pictures are wonderful. I felt like I was there. Btw, I've never noticed the fountain in Morocco either - gotta keep an eye out for it next time.

Thank you! When we strolled through the countries, we saw SO much new stuff! It was so awesome!!!!

jenluvswdw

Thank you for sharing your trip!! I especially liked all the pictures of the food!! I am going to go back and writing down all the good food I saw in your tr so I know what I will be eating when we go in Aug. When I watched your video of the park opening I cried with you! I love that there are people out there like me! Best wishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom