Trip Report 10 days goes too fast in Disney World! July Trip Report

So.. I debated back and forth on whether or not I should write a trip report! Bringing back all my Disney memories is bittersweet, I wish I was still there! However, I do not want to forget anything about my wonderful, amazing trip so here goes! Hope you enjoy :)

I went to Disney from July 14-23, got stuck in Orlando so we didn't really leave until the 24th, with my best friend. This is my fourth trip to Disney and this was her probably 14th, haha. We had never been on vacation together, but we are inseparable at home, so we knew we'd have no problems!! I'm an Ariel lover, Disney World obsessed fan, who comes on these forums WAY TOO MUCH :) My name's Nicole and the girl with the brown hair is my best friend! :) Her favorite princess is Aurora, and is pretty upset there isn't a sleeping beauty ride, or show, or really anything in Disney World! We had tons of plans, we wanted to do the cupcake challenge, where you eat a different cupcake everyday, we wanted to drink around the world, we had a ton of things on our must do lists. Disney here we come!

Day One:

Our flight to Disney was at 6:00 AM from Newark so we had to be at the airport around 4 AM! We TRIED to go to sleep early, but all our adrenaline and excitement made that impossible! Finally around 10 PM we fell asleep, and set our alarms for 3:15 AM to go to the airport. When my alarm went off, I was a little cranky and wondered why we picked such an early flight, but then the excitement of going to Disney World crept up, and I was fully awake.

imagejpg1_zps02b4467e.jpg

I'm the blonde!

Our flight there was super fast, and we arrived at 8:40 AM. We planned this right! We'd have a full day!! Off it was to find the magical express, did I mention, my friend and I are directionally challenged.
We went all the way downstairs and saw a bunch of Disney cruise buses only to find out we were on the wrong side of the airport, the magical express in on the B side just so everyone knows :) Back up the stairs and off to the other side we went.

We found the magical express area right away, and since it was early, it wasn't crowded at all! I remember when I went to Disney in November the lines being super long, but the lines were really short when we arrived! We hopped right on the bus, and we were off! Driving through the Walt Disney World sign gave me goosebumps, I could not believe I was really here! My level of excitement increased with each big purple sign with Mickey ears on top we passed.

imagejpg1_zpsee2f59b2.jpg

Stop one was Old Key West Resort, stop two was Saratoga Springs, and stop three was our new home, Port Orleans French Quarter! I had never stayed here before, but just seeing the signs saying "Welcome Home" made me all teary-eyed. I'm such a Disney sap.

We checked in immediately, there was no lines at all, and since I had done the online check in, our room was ready! We were in building 4, room 4309, near the bus stop and food court. We had a garden view, and the room was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better room!

We quickly unpacked our carry-ons since our luggage hadn't arrived yet, and then began exploring! We each packed all our headwear in our carry-ons, so for our very first day we decided to wear matching minnie-ears. While we unpacked, we watched Stacey! What kind of Disney trip is it if you don't watch her must dos! Unt pretzel, unt beer!

We walked along the Sassagoula River, checked out the pool area, and checked out the food court. This resort is BEAUTIFUL. It's small and easy to get around, and the landscapers were even the friendliest people. They offered to take our picture in front of the fountain. Thanks again!

After we made our way full circle around our resort, it was off to Magic Kingdom! It was around 1130 AM when we hopped on the first Disney bus to the parks! Hearing the themed music, where the horns are blaring to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom, made me instantly emotional! We put our key to world card up to the new Mickey turnstiles, watched Mickey light up green, and were inside! AHHHH!!!

We hurriedly picked up our photopass and continued on. That first walk down main street is still a blur in my mind. As soon as I saw that castle, I realized I was truly here, my happiest place on earth. The tears started welling up in my eyes, I could not believe it! After months of visiting these forums and looking at everyone's pictures, it was finally my turn! I was so happy and overwhelmed and then BAM the "move it, shake it, celebrate it" parade started going on. I swear it's like they were celebrating our arrival :) We both were laughing and dancing, and waving at every character that passed by. It was the best entrance I've ever had.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do first, we had no plan! So we started wandering! We took as many photopass pictures and we could, and then decided to head to new fantasyland. We both had last visited in 2011, so we were excited! On the way, we saw a Tiana, and there wasn't a line, so we had to meet her right away! She was extremely nice, and really pretty!

New fantasyland did not live up to my expectations, I guess because the huge mine train is in the middle of everything. It kind of takes away from the whole immersive experience. I think I may have rathered they open everything up at once, instead of in stages. Don't get me wrong, all the detailing in this area of the park is one the reasons I love Disney World so much.. they truly go that extra mile.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

We were so incredibly stuffed after dinner we sort of just wandered around. Took some more photos, because you can really never have enough!

We didn't think we could handle any fast moving rides at the time, so we headed to Spaceship Earth! I love this ride, and it's a great place to rest full bellies! My friend had never ridden the new version with the "create your future" screens, so it was really funny to watch her reaction. I love that video at the end, it's so hysterical! We picked some crazy lifestyle, of being really active, living underwater, but using solar energy.

We then send an e-mail of our future to friends and family back home and they put your photo up on one of the LARGE screens. We were both cracking up hysterically. We didn't get enough the first time, so we decided a second ride was needed. My friend said we should make funny faces, and I succeeded, but she left me hanging! No one was in front of us or behind us, ride that thing at night people! There's no lines! We were pretty loud and laughing this go around. I tried to capture some moments. We also changed our future and said we enjoyed outdoor sports and I forget all what else! The pictures are somewhat embarrassing LOL

The guy told us if we wanted to stay on to just tell them, we didn't have to get off before. We thought we finally had enough of our future for awhile, let's enjoy the present! What to do next? Epcot was closing.. should we go back and rest??

We decided we weren't tired, giggling through SSE had given us a second wind, so we decided to go to MK! They were open late! And how to get there? I had never ridden a boat as transportation in Disney World, so my friend decided it was the perfect time :)

Those SSE photos look an awful lot like flash photos on an attraction! Do I need to wag my finger at you and say, "tsk, tsk!" ? ;)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Those SSE photos look an awful lot like flash photos on an attraction! Do I need to wag my finger at you and say, "tsk, tsk!" ? ;)

Yes! But only because we were the only people on the ride! All the cars in front and behind us were empty, so I don't think I offended anyone! I'm a bid advocate of no flash on the dark rides!!!

dancingtodisney

If you're going to Florida, Ariel should be in her grotto! Her area just opened up so I doubt they will refurb it so soon! I loved meeting her in her fin :)

And what a cool experience with your boyfriend! I love when they go all out into their character. It makes it so much more memorable.

When I went to book our fast pass plus it came up that Ariels grotto was closed but maybe that's a mistake... I can't seem to find anything online about a closure either! yah! It's such a cool photo!

I'm getting really excited now! So sad your trip report is coming to an end! Do you have plans to head back anytime soon?

fractal

Freakin' hilarious! Love that you made a purple SVU @ TT! and the sunglasses! :joyfull:

Your report on Club Cool was great. Beverly sux so bad.

Mexican lunch looked yummy as did the margaritas! I love how much fun you had just crusing through World showcase. I'll be sad when this report is over.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
When I went to book our fast pass plus it came up that Ariels grotto was closed but maybe that's a mistake... I can't seem to find anything online about a closure either! yah! It's such a cool photo!

I'm getting really excited now! So sad your trip report is coming to an end! Do you have plans to head back anytime soon?

It has to be a mistake! It should be open!! I think I may be going back next June.. it seems so far away! My friend and I wanna do Disney World and a cruise!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Freakin' hilarious! Love that you made a purple SVU @ TT! and the sunglasses! :joyfull:

Your report on Club Cool was great. Beverly sux so bad.

Mexican lunch looked yummy as did the margaritas! I love how much fun you had just crusing through World showcase. I'll be sad when this report is over.

The beverly is awful!! AWFUL!!!! Haha! I'm enjoying your trip report as well, your photos are phenomenal and your family looks like such a good time! Thanks for reading along :) :) :)

dancingtodisney

It has to be a mistake! It should be open!! I think I may be going back next June.. it seems so far away! My friend and I wanna do Disney World and a cruise!

Oh sounds great! I was reading a TR on a cruise and it looked amazing, I think next time I'd like to do something similar to you and just focus on Disney, we're staying on property for two nights, in a house for a week and then in a hotel on International Drive but we'll be doing Universal, Seaworld and Discovery Cove too...

JenTen1585

I am brand new on this forum. But I must say, I have enjoyed every second of reading your Trip Report! I love the fun you and your friend had and the great attitudes and playfulness about everything! Also the restaurant reviews are excellent! This is the spirit with which everyone should go to Disney! It has gotten me so excited for my trip in 11 days!!! Also, you remind me of me and my best friend when we used to frequent the parks in high school and college days (before kids and husbands). We were so silly and it was so much fun just being a kid!!! I'm going to approach my upcoming trip that way - I'll be a kid with my 4 year old, sister and husband ... even if hubby just watches with raised eyebrows and a shakes of his head, lol!!!

Longers

I am brand new on this forum. But I must say, I have enjoyed every second of reading your Trip Report! I love the fun you and your friend had and the great attitudes and playfulness about everything! Also the restaurant reviews are excellent! This is the spirit with which everyone should go to Disney! It has gotten me so excited for my trip in 11 days!!! Also, you remind me of me and my best friend when we used to frequent the parks in high school and college days (before kids and husbands). We were so silly and it was so much fun just being a kid!!! I'm going to approach my upcoming trip that way - I'll be a kid with my 4 year old, sister and husband ... even if hubby just watches with raised eyebrows and a shakes of his head, lol!!!
Looks like you joined to reply to this trip report like I did. You are never too old to go to Disney. My husband looks at me with raised eyebrows too every year we go but following this trip report I think his eyebrows will go over his head as I have been buying some princess crowns to wear. I hope you have a great time and enjoy being a kid again.

JenTen1585

Looks like you joined to reply to this trip report like I did. You are never too old to go to Disney. My husband looks at me with raised eyebrows too every year we go but following this trip report I think his eyebrows will go over his head as I have been buying some princess crowns to wear. I hope you have a great time and enjoy being a kid again.

LOL! You too! And I was totally looking for head gear at lunch!!! LOL!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Oh sounds great! I was reading a TR on a cruise and it looked amazing, I think next time I'd like to do something similar to you and just focus on Disney, we're staying on property for two nights, in a house for a week and then in a hotel on International Drive but we'll be doing Universal, Seaworld and Discovery Cove too...

Have a great time!! Doing just Disney is fun especially during the busier times. I have yet to venture out, but someday I will! There's just too much to do in Orlando.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster

I'm so glad you are enjoying! I had the best time and I hope that is portrayed in my report! It's nice to just let go and be a kid again, the real world is so depressing! I hope you have a blast :) :) :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster

My boyfriend thinks I'm insane but who cares! LOL, they will love us anyway!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom