1 - One Sentence Competition, Season Five Episode 3

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

CHALLENGE FIVE
FANTASYLAND

enhance

Fantasyland is the heart and soul of any Castle Park. This is where guests will find all their favorite beloved Disney characters! The only problem is there’s not enough room to do every character justice. Live shows can be a good way to spread the love around. Shows can range from extravaganzas like Mickey and the Magical Map, to the playful skits of Fantasy Faire. With so much variety, the options are endless!

Your task is to propose a new character-centric live show for Fantasyland.

-Rules-
Use only a single sentence to describe your idea. You may also use one image if you wish. The deadline is Sunday, August 16th, at midnight EST.

-Tips-

KISS – Keep is simple, silly! With only one sentence, you can’t get too detailed. Think of this as an elevator pitch.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit visually/thematically?

Any questions, please ask! Now good luck everyone! Create!
Oh I am going to have fun with this one.

DisneyManOne

Finally, I can jump into the game! I wanted to do something for the Castle round, but I couldn't think of anything, and I was likewise stumped for the Tomorrowland round. But, I've got a few nifty ideas up my sleeve for this concept. I love the idea of Fantasyland shows, and I think they work well. Magic Kingdom's shows are wonderful, but I kinda prefer being able to walk through Cinderella Castle anytime I want, instead of at the beginning of the day and late at night. Paris has the right idea by having their stage be on the side of the castle, and Tokyo has their stage only for seasonal use.

I won't give anything away, but this show will utilize the concept of the Castle Forecourt Stage being removed and shows moving elsewhere in Fantasyland...

Shannoninthemagic

A new theater is built to house the musical ( Thinking of Magic Kingdom but eh) , Drawing from Disney's Theatrical backlog, broadway shows are put on, cut down to one hour, three times a day, it tells the story of a disney ip that would feel at home in fantasyland, the show is rotated out every year and a half( it mainly draws from Princesses but stuff like Alice and Peter Pan are also options)

mickeyfan5534

Mickey and the Enchanted Voyage
1597498527531.png

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse set course on an adventure over the high seas encountering a beautiful mermaid, an island paradise inhabited by aliens, a princess and demi-god saving the world, a young man going from Zero to Hero, frozen fjords, a festival of lanterns, and a magical Mardi Gras in New Orleans as they learn that the most important part isn't the destination, it's the journey to get there.​

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

The Enchanted Library

3043682aaf6a34e99b9d3b542697eda2.jpg

Replacing Mickey's PhilharMagic at the Magic Kingdom, and for that matter, the Castle Forecourt Stage, this innovative theater-in-the-round production -- which makes use of live actors, projections, puppets and flying effects -- takes place in, well, an enchanted library, filled to the brim with books (not to mention props and artifacts coinciding with every film in the Disney Animated Canon -- ex. Snow White's poison apple, Dumbo's magic feather, Cinderella's glass slipper, Winnie the Pooh's blue balloon, the Enchanted Rose, Scrump, a floating lantern, etc.), and features Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy perusing its books, with each one they find featuring a medley of songs from a certain literary world -- after the big opening number, Donald's book offers "adventure" (represented through "You Can Fly!" from Peter Pan; "Go the Distance" from Hercules; "How Far I'll Go" from Moana and "Circle of Life" from The Lion King); Goofy's offers "comedy" (represented through "Rumbly in My Tumbly/The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers" from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh; "I Wanna Be Like You" from The Jungle Book and "I've Got a Dream" from Tangled); and Minnie's offers "romance" (represented through "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, and a waltz medley of "Someday My Prince Will Come" from Snow White; "So This is Love" from Cinderella; "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty; "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid and "Beauty and the Beast" from Beauty and the Beast) -- but it's not long at all before a book of "mystery" reveals the world of the villains (represented through "Night on Bald Mountain" from Fantasia), which brings chaos and ruin to the library -- the aftermath of which leads to a moment of "tragedy" (represented through "Baby Mine" from Dumbo, "The Next Right Thing" from Frozen II and "Someday" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame), but Mickey offers one final book: "friendship" (represented through "You'll Be in My Heart" from Tarzan, "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story and "Dig a Little Deeper" from The Princess and the Frog), which fixes the damage done to the library, and with all ending well, as projections depict all the friends we've seen along our journey, the ensemble performs a triumphant reprise of the opening song.

Evilgidgit

VILLAINS' REVENGE
c52b55603ff18f156880965972d5aa36.jpg
Inspired the 1990s video game by Disney Interactive, this hour long musical adventure Fantasyland stageshow propels Jiminy Cricket into a realm of lost happy endings, as his own folly causes him to remove the endings of Disney classics, allowing the villains of Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Frog, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame take the opportunity to rewrite the stories to their liking; the day must be saved by Jiminy, as he guides the heroes gain control of their stories and fulfil their happy endings!

Suchomimus

It’s A Holiday World

The Christmas season at the Magic Kingdom and Hong Kong Disneyland bring with it a small troupe of representatives from around the world wearing winter holiday attire in the beloved Mary Blair style as well as puppet versions of some of the attraction’s animal characters (also in festive attire) singing, dancing, and performing other fun acts that would entice even the youngest at heart.

InspectorSpacetime

HEROES
--- O F ---
HALLOWEEN

Heroes of Halloween is a seasonal, nighttime stage show housed in Fantasyland’s new outdoor theater in which Mickey and his friends, dressed up as their favorite fairy tale characters, are cursed by the Headless Horsemen, forcing them to face the villains from those very stories, leading to a half-hour of incredible heroic acts, modern special effects, and unrestrained spectacle through a series of storybook duels: Daisy as Alice against the Queen of Hearts, Goofy as Pinocchio against Monstro, Donald as Peter Pan against Captain Hook, Minnie as Snow White against the Evil Queen, and Mickey as Prince Charming against Maleficent.

fantasmic-disneyland-new-version-233.jpg

tcool123

The Tangled Revue

1597606052186.jpeg

Housed in the Snuggly Duckling Music Hall is a retelling of Tangled through the eyes of the ruffians of the Snuggly Duckling, hillarities ensue as the thugs make obvious discrepancies, get their stories confused, sing songs from other films, fight with each other, etc; the final number sees Rapunzel and Flynn appearing, and pointing out this wasn’t exactly how it happened, followed by a energetic performance of Ive Got A Dream​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
CHALLENGE FIVE
FANTASYLAND

enhance

Fantasyland is the heart and soul of any Castle Park. This is where guests will find all their favorite beloved Disney characters! The only problem is there’s not enough room to do every character justice. Live shows can be a good way to spread the love around. Shows can range from extravaganzas like Mickey and the Magical Map, to the playful skits of Fantasy Faire. With so much variety, the options are endless!

Your task is to propose a new character-centric live show for Fantasyland.

-Rules-
Use only a single sentence to describe your idea. You may also use one image if you wish. The deadline is Sunday, August 16th, at midnight EST.

-Tips-

KISS – Keep is simple, silly! With only one sentence, you can’t get too detailed. Think of this as an elevator pitch.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit visually/thematically?

Any questions, please ask! Now good luck everyone! Create!
Merida and the Dance of DunBroch

1597614785752.png

What once was a simple, yet well themed, meet and greet with Merida in WDW's Fantasyland (and was the original outdoor theater for Enchanted Tales with Belle, fun fact) will now become a simple show where Merida teaches kids about the story of DunBroch's Unification Day (which happens to be today!) as well as the traditional Celtic inspired dance for the holiday before culminating a large party where other characters from the Brave come out to dance and celebrate the special occasion with Merida and the kids.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom