….

C&D

It appears that you have made an emotional connection to the separation and can't separate the two. Hopefully time will heal some of the hurt. A new positive experience, at Disney, can offer an alternate feeling. Kind of 'getting back on the horse' after getting thrown off; best of luck with your situation.

Jellyfish

Perhaps its the fact that you don't have anyone to share the magic with at the moment?

I don't know tbh, but all i want to say is, i hope you feel the magic again soon :wave:

And hope you feel a lot better soon :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Go back. You'll quickly rediscover your love of Disney had and has nothing to do with her.

I can totally relate...

I was married at Disney (Wedding Pavilion, horse -drawn carriage, the whole nine yards...)...then divorced 8 years later...was HORRIBLE to go back for a while after that...I couldn't even think about it...

Then, started dating someone, and we had two wonderful trips to the World together...we broke up after a year or so (yes, it was apparently the dreaded "rebound")...and had trouble again going back...didn't go for about a year...

However, I went to participate in the 1/2 Marathon in Jan. '08, completely solo, and had a great time!! Went to the parks, and just enjoyed everything...talked with folks in line, etc...

Now, I can't wait to go back, either solo or with someone else...and I've also learned that should there be that "special someone" again in my life, she will DEFINITELY have to be a Disney fanatic like me...

The way I look at it now, WDW has been in my life longer than any woman I've been with...heck, I was born the year it opened, and I can't tell you how many times I have been before I was even out of college...

So enjoy the memories you have of Disney, even if they were with someone who's no longer with you...and think happily of the many new memories to come!!

:D:wave:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
It will never feel the same, but it will hold just as much Magic and happiness in different forms for you, I promise. I've always made WDW my refuge, my sanctuary away from all of life's little storms. Whenever I need a major boost, I do whatever I can to immerse myself in Disney and try to get down there if I can.

If you get the chance, try going by yourself. It will revive you and energize you more than you'll know now. The hurt might still be there, but everyday you wake up and breathe, you've given yourself more motivation to move on by proving you're as strong as a superhero.

Sorry about your heartache. I'm sure there are more than a few of us that can identify with the pain you've experienced/are currently experiencing. Know that your Magic family is here and that Disney Magic is a real, tangible thing that helps.

:wave:

brkgnews

It will never feel the same, but it will hold just as much Magic and happiness in different forms for you, I promise. I've always made WDW my refuge, my sanctuary away from all of life's little storms. Whenever I need a major boost, I do whatever I can to immerse myself in Disney and try to get down there if I can.

If you get the chance, try going by yourself. It will revive you and energize you more than you'll know now. The hurt might still be there, but everyday you wake up and breathe, you've given yourself more motivation to move on by proving you're as strong as a superhero.

Sorry about your heartache. I'm sure there are more than a few of us that can identify with the pain you've experienced/are currently experiencing. Know that your Magic family is here and that Disney Magic is a real, tangible thing that helps.

:wave:
Trust this girl. If anybody knows what you're talking about, it's her.

kasey1988

My last trip i went with my family and bf at the time, we are no longer together. My next trip however is with some of my best friends. Maybe taking a trip with some friends or close family members could help?

DizneyPryncess

Aw :( This is very sad - I feel for you, and while I haven't had that happen to me with Disney, I've had it happen with other things. I've had breakups, and not been able to go to certain places/listen to certain songs/etc. because it would hurt too much.

The reason you feel that you can't go back to Disney with it feeling the same as before, is because it can't. You were there with someone you loved - and the experience won't be the same now. I know if my fiance and I split up, it would take me many years to be able to go there again without thinking of him.

You can't push something like this, because your heart still has to heal. It might take years, but someday, go back to Disney when you've moved further past your ex. Maybe go in the future with someone new, or when you're leading a different life. Then you can experience Disney in a new light, and create a new Disney memory that will be less hurtful to think about.

Right now, just give yourself some time away from Disney, and you'll see that over time you will feel differently about it.

sublimesting

Not to trivialize your story because someone leaving that you love would be just as bad but on a local station, KDKA, on Saturday mornings they talk Disney. Well, last week a lady called and said that she had plans to be wed at Disney this summer and had everything planned but her fiance died. She said she replanned the trip to take her family and friends instead. Now, that is getting right back on the horse!:eek:

Things will get better though, my friend, they always do. I was just talking to the DW today about 9/11 and I was going to go to a concert a few days later and couldn't bear it. I thought, "Man, everything is so trivial now, how can I ever have fun at anything again, concerts just aren't important..." I felt that way for weeks, but now looking back it seems like a long ago memory.

You always hear it but time heals.....and Disney won't ever leave you.

justgoofy56

I've seen this across a couple of Disney related message boards I've been on. I think that people get connected to the nostalgia and the first real emotions they felt on their very first few trips to the wonderful park. And while that is a good thing I have found more often than not...that nostalgia really can destroy chances at further enjoyment. I think the best cure is to just go back (of course) and try to have as much fun as you can. If afterwards you still feel the same...then well at least you tried :)

Brwneyedgirl72

I have been in your shoes before - in a very similar situation, but, believe me - the feeling will go away. It took me a while to stop looking at something and think of something we did together. But then as time goes on, and you go back to the park with other people, you will make new memories that will replace the old ones. Take heart - the feeling is just temporary, and you will enjoy yourself. Heck, you may even find it comforting. Keep your chin up - broken hearts mend and Disney will always be there when you are ready to head back!

DDEPILLO

Go to WDW alone. Go for a week or just a weekend what ever but go alone. Don't make any schedules or rules just wing it. Do what ever you want, go where ever you want, eat when ever you want. Don't go there for the past memories but go there for the new ones. In a way, become a kid again and the magic will come back.
Worked for me :sohappy:

chrisdadrocks

Had that feeling once

My ex wife and I went to Disney on our honeymoon and after i found out she cheated on me I had a horrible time. Couldn't even think about going back to WDW. Then I relized why am I going to let her take everything away from me? So I went solo last year and at first it was tough but by the end I was feeling better about being there and just life in general. I already booked again for this year and am looking forward to it alot more this time. These things will past in time and life goes on even though you might not feel like it will. It is hard and sad at times just remember that you can not let anyone take what you really love away. I guess what I am saying is that it gets better everyday.

MattyFresh

Hello My Fellow Disney Friends,
Since she has left me everytime I even think about going to Disney, I don't want to go? Why does it feel like it has lost the magic in my life?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Sincerely,
Patrick

Am I reading this correctly??? she left just because you like to go and think about Disney?? Sounds like it wasn't the right person to begin with if she couldn't accept that part of you with the rest of you. I think everyone is giving great advice,.

My last trip was the first time I had gone since my parents divorced....It was hard at first because I knew I would never be going as a "family" again. But once you get there you start making new memories and new traditions. You live in Fla so why not try to make one of the meet n greets that are set up here, go experience Disney with people that have the same fondness of the Disney parks...just an idea.

I think things will get better for you as time goes by, if its something you love don't give it up just because someone couldn't. Hope this helps some.

cinderellafan6

What your going through is called classical conditioning. Its where one type of thing or memory leads to something competely illrevelant to the other. When you think of Disney, you automatically think of her because in your mind they go together. But the good news is that it is very easy to reverse classical conditioning. You can start easy just by looking at pictures of Disney and watching things about Disney on tv but thinking of your favorite ride or favorite snack that you eat there instead of thinking about her. Then you gradually go on to the parks and see that Disney is still your favorite place and you can enjoy it again. Psychologists use these little tricks everyday and they tend to really work.:wave:

sublimesting

Am I reading this correctly??? she left just because you like to go and think about Disney?? Sounds like it wasn't the right person to begin with if she couldn't accept that part of you with the rest of you. I think everyone is giving great advice,.

My last trip was the first time I had gone since my parents divorced....It was hard at first because I knew I would never be going as a "family" again. But once you get there you start making new memories and new traditions. You live in Fla so why not try to make one of the meet n greets that are set up here, go experience Disney with people that have the same fondness of the Disney parks...just an idea.

I think things will get better for you as time goes by, if its something you love don't give it up just because someone couldn't. Hope this helps some.

You are in fact reading it humorously wrong.

yankspy

I can understand how you feel. I once dated a girl for about five years and we had always planned to get married at Disney. We broke up and she did eventually get married at Disney. The worst part was that I was invited to the wedding. So there I was, single, and watching the ceremony at the wedding pavillion and thinking, "That should be me up there". I eventually got over it and I also got married. My wife and I have enjoyed many disney trips together and hope to do so in the future. It will pass eventually. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom