News “Zootopia” is being created for the Tree of Life theater

Cmdr_Crimson

I love the idea -- it's an easy tie in for a newer IP (Bugs Life has dwindling relevance), meaning an upgraded theatre experience and newer show. It will eat up crowds MORE than the former. If they have to get Zootopia in to a park, this is a very reasonable attraction.
Well, it's at least one attraction less that guests are getting farted on..
spongebob-stink.gif

JustInTime

Just to be clear they said it’s going to show more of the biomes from Zootopia which are fantasy cities and locales not actual earth biomes
Just to be clear, we have no idea what the plan is beyond concept art. They could easily compare them to real biomes. “Here are some biomes your pals Nick and Judy thrive in and here are real life versions we impact every day. Make sure to do you part to keep Nick and Judy’s homes safe and clean”.

Again - that’s a ROUGH idea. There are people the degrees and salaries much higher than mine that will come up with whatever they decide.

Cmdr_Crimson

They don't even mention if it's even a 3d/4d film..However, the concept shows them coming off the screen with the Clawhouser AA that Shanghai is getting will take over Hoppers spot he pops out of.
The-Tree-of-Life_Full_52938.jpg

And I wouldn't be surprised if down the line they add Nick & Judy for M&G's in the spot Russel and Dug were. Plus switching The Wilderness Explorers to something related to a Zootopia Scavenger search...

Castle Cake Apologist

Considering they could have put anything at all that they wanted into the concept art, the fact that they've consciously chosen to include things like street signs, treehouse apartments and skyway cars gives me very little faith in how well this will be developed to fit the mission and story of DAK. Not to mention the fact that the biomes glimpsed in the original film are pretty specifically designed for anthropomorphic animals and don't really reflect actual animal habitats in any capacity, so I'm honestly not sure why people keep bringing them up. Telling me that the new attraction will be developed to specifically show off the fanatasy cities that the human-proxy animals in Zootopia live in does not really make it better.

Cmdr_Crimson

Considering they could have put anything at all that they wanted into the concept art, the fact that they've consciously chosen to include things like street signs, treehouse apartments and skyway cars gives me very little faith in how well this will be developed to fit the mission and story of DAK. Not to mention the fact that the biomes glimpsed in the original film are pretty specifically designed for anthropomorphic animals and don't really reflect actual animal habitats in any capacity, so I'm honestly not sure why people keep bringing them up. Telling me that the new attraction will be developed to specifically show off the fanatasy cities that the human-proxy animals in Zootopia live in does not really make it better.
Yeah, don't tell that to these Anthromorphic characters..They seem to be roaming Everywhere...😏
f4bbf45651faa59fd15c0a2340117587--mickey-and-friends-disney-animal-kingdom.jpg

Castle Cake Apologist

Yeah, don't tell that to these Anthromorphic characters..They seem to be roaming Everywhere...😏
f4bbf45651faa59fd15c0a2340117587--mickey-and-friends-disney-animal-kingdom.jpg

Yes, and as has been pointed out ad nauseam in pretty much every thread that even mentions bringing Zootopia into DAK, the Fab 5 gets a pass in the park because they are the Fab 5. This is even per Rohde when he laid out the design philosophy for the park. Ever since they gave up on the no-characters rule in Epcot back in the 80s, the odds of a Disney Park not featuring the Fab 5 are zero.

They also aren't getting an attraction in the park's flagship building.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes, as has been pointed out ad nauseam in pretty much every thread that even mentions bringing Zootopia into DAK, the Fab 5 gets a pass in the park because they are the Fab 5. This is even per Rohde when he laid out the design philosophy for the park. Ever since they gave up on the no-characters rule in Epcot back in the 80s, the odds of a Disney Park not featuring the Fab 5 are zero.

They also aren't getting an attraction in the park's flagship building.
What Is weird is no matter how many times they add a kids section (Camp Minnie-Mickey and Donald's Dino Bash) they seem to be the first thing to go on the chopping block at AK to go.😆

SilentWindODoom

On how to become a furry. Zootopia is a world where the characters are basically humans that look like animals.

They're anthropomorphized, but the entire culture is based on the differing behaviors of animals. They can easily be used to describe and explain all different real-world information. I see this winding up very similar to It's Tough to be a Bug wherein our heroes show off different species and how their biology is perfectly suited for their environment and vice-versa. If it's used right, it can fit.

It would be cool to utilize the Hopper animatronic for Halloween or something, villains related... Have it have some programmable dialogue for meet n' greet opportunities maybe.

I... severely doubt they will want to feature this character at all, although there's nothing scarier than hearing Hopper's voice actor say he's gonna get you.

Just to be clear they said it’s going to show more of the biomes from Zootopia which are fantasy cities and locales not actual earth biomes

True. I ain't never seen no real animals live in the tundra, desert, or rainforest.

Castle Cake Apologist

True. I ain't never seen no real animals live in the tundra, desert, or rainforest.

You're right. How silly of us to forget how totally realistic and designed for real-life animals the biomes in Zootopia are. I mean, sometimes I get confused and think I'm actually watching a Walt Disney's True-Life Adventure film when Zootopia comes on. Anybody else?

Savannah_Central(1).jpg

Little_Rodentia(1).jpg

Tundratown(1).jpg

sahara.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

Castle Cake Apologist

For flib flabbin sake!
giphy.webp

Not sure how this could possibly be unclear, but I have absolutely no issue with the biomes being featured in the movie Zootopia. In fact, Zootopia is one of my favorite modern Disney movies, and I find the set design to be pretty clever.

My problem is with using these clearly fictional fantasy environments as examples of actual animal habitats, which is absolutely what an attraction in DAK should center around. Unless they're completely changing the design of the biomes and altering the canon of Zootopia, there is zero way for these environments to be used as educational material about the natural world, outside of "some animals live where it's cold, and some live where it's warm. Just ignore the skyscrapers and monorail!"

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Not sure how this could possibly be unclear, but I have absolutely no issue with the biomes as featured in the film. In fact, Zootopia is one of my favorite modern Disney movies, and I find the set design to be pretty clever. My problem is with using these clearly fictional fantasy environments as examples of actual animal habitats, which is absolutely what an attraction in DAK should center around. Unless they're completely changing the canon of Zootopia, there is zero way for these environments to be used as educational material about the natural world, outside of "some animals live where it's cold, and some live where it's warm. Just ignore the skyscrapers and monorail!"
So you'd have no problem if they did something similar to Pixar's Elemental at Epcot. Rather than seeing animals in their Biomes you'd see how the four Elements lived within their subsections of towns? Just curious.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Not sure how this could possibly be unclear, but I have absolutely no issue with the biomes being featured in the movie Zootopia. In fact, Zootopia is one of my favorite modern Disney movies, and I find the set design to be pretty clever.

My problem is with using these clearly fictional fantasy environments as examples of actual animal habitats, which is absolutely what an attraction in DAK should center around. Unless they're completely changing the design of the biomes and altering the canon of Zootopia, there is zero way for these environments to be used as educational material about the natural world, outside of "some animals live where it's cold, and some live where it's warm. Just ignore the skyscrapers and monorail!"
Next you’re going to tell me that water doesn’t actually have a playful nature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom