News “Zootopia” is being created for the Tree of Life theater

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Interesting. I will miss the bugs. It was a great way to have IP included but not shoved down our throats. Perfect fit for the tree of life. With that said I think AK missed a bullet here and I am thankful for that. If Zootopia has to go in this park by the top brass at the company, then this is the perfect place to hide it away.

Is it safe to start hammering the nails in the coffin a bit further down for Zootopia Land coming to AK? I think so. Surely they would not do a land and a show in two different locations in one park! At least I don't think Bruce would let them. I'm a little nostalgic sad but ok with this.

celluloid

Country Bears refurb seems most likely since that was the only one with any sort of timeline attatched to it, albeit very vague
Didn't both it and Zootopia say 2024?

That seems bold with Zootopia as the voice cast, unless already done can't really record until writers strike is over.

drnilescrane

That seems bold with Zootopia as the voice cast, unless already done can't really record until writers strike is over.
They didn’t date Zootopia, it just got the “we are planning” vs “we’re considering” language. It’s as done a deal as you can say these days.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member

I didn't see anywhere for Zootopia that said 24. Then again I was tuning in and out of the stream

brb1006

Nick and Judy at DAK….

In 5, 4, 3, 2….
Actually both Judy and Nick made their first Disney Parks appearance at a special Zootopia screening held in Animal Kingdom sometime in 2016. Before they meet guests at DCA a few months later.

Advisable Joseph

I do think it's a shame, because there is some real education possibilities with doing a Zootopia land. The ecology and biome opportunities would be very exciting.
Don't worry about what others are saying: the biomes presentation works because they are not human, in important ways for an animal theme park, and prefer different climates, and so on. Context matters: there won't be stuff about becoming a cop or entrepreneur in Animal Kingdom (not counting a companion park for Donald Duck, Robin Hood, Kit Cloudkicker and the like, which is only connected to the current park)

And the non-human aspects were in the movie, despite the Joe Rohde quote I fear is going to come up. (He might have been thinking of the Shanghai project)

Visiting animals at the "naturalist" club might be interesting. Wild Times, a animal themed entertainment center from old drafts of the movie, too

Last edited:

DisneyDreamerxyz

I’m here for this. The attraction is outdated and it needs a refresh. The technology is outdated. They probably don’t like the fact it scares small kids either, and for being a Genie+ attraction a refresh would make it more valuable to use it for,

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It would be cool to utilize the Hopper animatronic for Halloween or something, villains related... Have it have some programmable dialogue for meet n' greet opportunities maybe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom