“Something major” coming to DHS???

Brer Panther

Every time there's a relatively decent physical scene, you follow it up by parking in front of a screen and watching a movie.
That's my main problem with all of these trackless dark rides - every single one of them has at least one scene where you park in front of a screen and watch a movie. It completely flies in the face of what a dark ride is. If they wanted to build a simulator, just build a dang simulator.

Also, the slow-moving cars do not match the frantic energy of the animation on the screens. Runaway Railway has the same problem.

Di$neyCPA

Wouldn’t surprise me to have them create an area that remains not dedicated to a single IP. Double down on the Pixar area, and then they aren’t tied to a single franchise- it just expands the M&G concepts they have and links to TSL easily. Could even clone some rides from DCA for cost savings.

UNCgolf

That's my main problem with all of these trackless dark rides - every single one of them has at least one scene where you park in front of a screen and watch a movie. It completely flies in the face of what a dark ride is. If they wanted to build a simulator, just build a dang simulator.

Also, the slow-moving cars do not match the frantic energy of the animation on the screens. Runaway Railway has the same problem.

I don't think BatB, Winnie the Pooh, or Mystic Manor ever stop in front of a screen to watch a movie (I could be wrong; just don't remember that). BatB does have some other issues, although I think it looks better than Rat or MMRR.

Regardless, Zootopia seems to be worse about it than any of the others because of how badly it messes up the flow of the attraction.

Last edited:

DisneyDean97

It'll never happen because it seems like Disney just builds single IP lands nowadays, but I wish they would replace Animation Courtyard with a ToonTown type land, the park could really use it!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I know youre joking but she has at least 2 huge specials for Disney+ and I am sure her era tours will drive subscriptions and be one of the most watched streaming shows in history. Remeber swifties watched football just to see 5 seconds of her in a sky box. They even had swifty swiftie? I dont know which super bowl watch parties.

IF they were to retheme lets say rnr to taylor swift, the demand would be staggering.

I wont ride it if they did that.

Soluna16

I'd like to point out that Shanghai Zootopia and the Animation Courtyard + Backstage area at DHS are almost exactly the same size (around 6 acres).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom