“Something major” coming to DHS???

Rosso11

I'm cautiously encouraged by what I've heard since Vaughn's return. There is a LOT of young talent starting to come through, and the company is making honest efforts to support and grow them.
I was coming to say the exact same thing. I think most people will be impressed with this group of imagineers. They might be lacking some of the star power names but Bruce has been cultivating a great group from what I’ve heard/seen. They finally have the budgets and the will at executive level to show off their skills.

rd805

Based off of snooping around, Zooptopia Land seems like it would be on the table as the most likely land to take over that section.

doctornick

Based off of snooping around, Zooptopia Land seems like it would be on the table as the most likely land to take over that section.

If it is, that's fine, but it would need more than one attraction. DHS is in desperate need of "more things to do" moreso than needing another headliner.

Edit: I'd prefer Cars Land if they are going to clone an entire land from somewhere else

fgmnt

TURBOCHARGE! Surprised Joffrey’s isn’t selling “Bob’s Turbocharged Vanilla Latte”
If Iger of all people actually will deliver on what might shape up to be the long needed and long teased decade of major expansion of the Florida Project I’ll buy whatever ego fulfilling thing he wants me to.

Marc Davis Fan

If it is, that's fine, but it would need more than one attraction. DHS is in desperate need of "more things to do" moreso than needing another headliner.

Edit: I'd prefer Cars Land if they are going to clone an entire land from somewhere else

Zootopia would seem to fit better physically (particularly in terms of sightlines), unless they change the configuration of the Cars Land rockwork a lot (which also seems plausible). But Cars Land’s rockwork might also be a bit too similar aesthetically to that of Galaxy’s Edge (but maybe they don’t care).

SplashJacket

DHS is the best park for Zootopia if they're determined to put it somewhere, but it looks like a mediocre ride. I don't think it would work as a headliner even if they wanted it to be, because it wouldn't live up to several other attractions already in the park.
I really hope they don't either.

If we assume the next wave of expansion includes:
Moana in MK

Encanto in AK
Indy in AK
Lion King in AK

Coco in either MK, AK, or Epcot

The only remaining "hot" franchises with planned sequels are Inside Out, Zootopia, MCU, and Pirates.

Best case scenario, IMHO, build a Doctor Strange/Shang Chi (which has a confirmed sequel) area in the Animation Courtyard area and leaves RNRC open to a possible retheme to another Marvel property in the future (it's unnecessary rn IMHO). It would de-ugly the hub and provide further grounding. A Chinese/Dr. Strange aesthetic would tie in very nicely to the Chinese theater and a cohesive cityscape could provide a very nicely themed area of the park.

I agree, the Zootopia ride looks mediocre at best, I hope we don't get it (especially not as a clone). A different ride system and concept could work well behind Muppets and connect into another land expansion eventually when Indy stunt-show gets axed long-term.

DisneyDean97

DHS is the best park for Zootopia if they're determined to put it somewhere, but it looks like a mediocre ride. I don't think it would work as a headliner even if they wanted it to be, because it wouldn't live up to several other attractions already in the park.
Maybe if they brought the original version of the ride they came up with, which would have used EMVs rather than the trackless ride system

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom