Trip Report “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples” March 2019 *COMPLETED*

Sadly, I’ve been back in the real world for 4 days, but I’m glad to say that it was a great trip! Different, but still great. Surprisingly, the Disney depression is not very high (not sure if that’s a good thing :hilarious:), but I don’t want to take any risks, so let’s get this TR started!

For those of you who are just joining, I’d like to say welcome and feel free to read my PTR for background info.

Before I start, I want to warn everyone that I only have a month left before the semester is over. :joyfull: With that being said, the next 4 weeks might get extremely busy and I may not have a lot of time to post, so please bear with me. I don’t want to drag this TR out like I did with the last one, but I make no promises. :hilarious:

Up next: Travel Day

Last edited:

krisri18

SE continued

View attachment 369597View attachment 369598View attachment 369599
Had to thank the Phoenicians.

View attachment 369600
Call me crazy, but I think the burning of Rome is one of the best smells in all of WDW.
View attachment 369601

View attachment 369602View attachment 369603

View attachment 369604
Our Spaceship Earth

View attachment 369605

Since his M&G is close by, we went over to see Pluto after SE.
View attachment 369606

L’s moment with Pluto wasn’t so “magical”. He accidentally bumped into her. A few seconds later she heard a voice say “Oops! Sorry about that”. :banghead: I don’t care how old the guest is, you never break character!

Earlier, I snagged a FP for Soarin’, so I headed to the Land.

Up next: Soarin’!
You're not crazy, Rome smells best when burning. Of course, I've never smelled it not burning... Lol

sheriffwoody

L’s moment with Pluto wasn’t so “magical”. He accidentally bumped into her. A few seconds later she heard a voice say “Oops! Sorry about that”. :banghead: I don’t care how old the guest is, you never break character!
This is why I could never be a character 🤣 They would have to muzzle me in there or I would accidentally talk all the time.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
So hard though.. basic human instinct to say sorry!
One would think so, but sadly in today’s world, it’s almost rare for someone to apologize for something like that.

This is why I could never be a character 🤣 They would have to muzzle me in there or I would accidentally talk all the time.
:hilarious::hilarious:

I know that it can be hard sometimes for the performers to not slip up and speak, but it’s one of my Disney pet peeves!

Minnie1986

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. It really does mean a lot to me and my family and we really do appreciate it.

Everything happened so fast. I feel like I’m living in a blur. M ran to the grocery store for literally 10-15mins because Maggie had gotten comfortable and was sleeping. When she came back, she noticed that she wasn’t breathing. She immediately ran outside and screamed for help and our neighbor, who’s a retired veterinarian, rushed over. She tried everything. Massaging her heart, making sure her airways were clear, and trying to resuscitate her. It was too late. She was already gone.

I was too upset to drive, so my dad came up here to Clemson and brought me home. L was up here too visiting a friend, but she waited and drove home yesterday morning. She was actually the one who broke the news to me. We stopped by my house so I could check on M and see Maggie one last time. I was staying at my dad’s because I emotionally couldn’t handle staying at my house Saturday night.

I’d never sobbed so much before in my life. She looked happy though. No cone of shame. She was laying on her favorite rug in our den, wrapped up like a burrito in her favorite butterfly blanket, with her right ear flipped back, which was her trademark. I think that’s the way she wanted it to be.

My dad brought me home Sunday morning and helped me dig her grave. That was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Where I live, we don’t have dirt under our grass, instead we have that hard, red clay. (one of Maggie’s favorite treats :hilarious:) That stuff is a pain to dig. Seriously though, she’d go outside and pile that stuff in then get sick 30mins later. But she was hard-headed and stubborn and would never learn. :hilarious:

Finding a casket was a bit of an ordeal too. The 1st one was too small, so M had to go back to the funeral home. Maggie was supposed to be a full-blooded miniature, but we don’t think that was the case at all. Her structure was much bigger than a miniature and her weight was always in the standard range. She wasn’t overweight, she was just a big dog. We think that one of her parents must have been a full-blooded standard. The 2nd casket was big enough and M and L prepared it.

Not to get sidetracked, but I have a funny yet meaningful story. When Chaney, our dog before Maggie, past away, I went to the funeral home to help pick out the casket. I was 5 at the time and my POTC obsession was starting. We were led to the storage room where they kept all the caskets. After looking around I said, “Man, look at all those treasure chests! Jack Sparrow would have a time in here!” :hilarious: The next Sunday at church, M told our preacher what I had said. He replied, “He’s right you know. What we put inside caskets is treasure”. ❤ I’ve started to think he might’ve watched CotBP the night before. :hilarious: “Not all treasure is silver and gold mate”. But regardless, he’s correct.

I don’t feel like I can go into much more detail, but her burial went well. It was emotionally hard, but it was peaceful.
View attachment 365019

Once again, thank y’all for all the love and support. Y’all don’t know how much it means to us. There’s nothing like my WDWMagic family. You guys and gals are the best.
I’m so remarkably sorry for your loss. This is my biggest fear. I admire how strong you are through all of this. You’re in my prayers.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Sorry for being absent the last few days. There have a lot of things going on lately.

EPCOT continued

1DE142A0-1056-49F2-AC6A-CD22DE688C66.jpeg

L had a FP for Figment, so she went to do that while I headed to Soarin’.

49D81825-2483-4D1D-89A7-BEEA77AA58AB.jpeg

80243742-DF7F-4FBF-B56F-83BD441D2617.jpeg
12402D5A-C08E-4197-804A-1FBEEF77EBD3.jpeg

381796A1-B9FD-480D-AD24-B6838C2342CE.jpeg

I was on in 10mins.
11B1C4DF-43BC-488F-91AE-EB52EA9CEFE1.jpeg
D98AE3E9-61E0-41DB-AB84-ABA223876EA2.jpeg

L was still waiting to get on Figment when I got off of Soarin’. Apparently it went down not too long after she got in line. I saw that a FP for the Seas was available and the time window was only a few minutes away from being open, so I grabbed it and headed on over.

076034F7-F76D-4E2E-A6BC-7FAB7409A6BF.jpeg

I didn’t stay and look around in the aquarium or anything. L texted me and said that she was finally about to get on Figment, so I headed to Imagination.

As I was walking over, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty were out between the Land and Imagination taking pictures with guests. I thought this was highly unusual since they both have a M&G in WS. Anyways, there was a woman that was taking a picture of Snow White with her iPhone. (I wonder where this is going? :hilarious:) The CM that was with Snow White went up to her and said, “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples.” :hilarious: I might’ve laughed out loud a little bit. (I thought it was funny) So yeah, that’s how I got my title.

72ABE202-5844-42ED-AEF2-132D1A8F436F.jpeg
E8DBE286-33CB-4309-9D44-7CD8E51FCB7E.jpeg

I met L outside of Imagination. It was 4:45 and there was still a lot that we wanted to do in WS, so we headed in that direction.

Up next: More EPCOT

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Y’all, I know I’ve been slacking, but this past week has been rough. It all started Saturday night when my grandfather (M’s dad) fell and broke his hip. We spent most of Mother’s Day in the hospital and have been going back and forth from there and my grandparents house. We finally came home Tuesday afternoon and were exhausted. We’ve been resting up because we’ll be needed this weekend and most likely next week too.

On top of that, Monday was officially 1 month since Maggie past away, and it was also her 14th Birthday. It was not an easy day at all. It’s finally started to sink in that she’s gone and yours truly has been going through a lot of boxes of tissues lately.

Hope y’all understand.

krisri18

Y’all, I know I’ve been slacking, but this past week has been rough. It all started Saturday night when my grandfather (M’s dad) fell and broke his hip. We spent most of Mother’s Day in the hospital and have been going back and forth from there and my grandparents house. We finally came home Tuesday afternoon and were exhausted. We’ve been resting up because we’ll be needed this weekend and most likely next week too.

On top of that, Monday was officially 1 month since Maggie past away, and it was also her 14th Birthday. It was not an easy day at all. It’s finally started to sink in that she’s gone and yours truly has been going through a lot of boxes of tissues lately.

Hope y’all understand.
One day at a time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Captain Barbossa , sorry to hear about your grandfather's hip. Let's hope he will recover soon. it's good that he has family around to help him through this period. And as for Maggie, a pet is a major loss in a family. I can understand how after a month or so, it's really sunk in that she's no longer around. I wish you and your family well during this difficult time.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Wishing you all the best....
One day at a time.
You need to look after you first. Take care.
Hope your grandfather is doing ok.
@Captain Barbossa , sorry to hear about your grandfather's hip. Let's hope he will recover soon. it's good that he has family around to help him through this period. And as for Maggie, a pet is a major loss in a family. I can understand how after a month or so, it's really sunk in that she's no longer around. I wish you and your family well during this difficult time.
Thank y’all for the kind words and encouragement. My grandfather had his surgery on Monday and has already been moved to rehab. So far, he is doing well and might actually be able to come home earlier than expected.

I finally get it!
Snow White doesn’t like APPLES!
Ha Ha Ha😂
I’m not gonna lie, it took me a minute to figure it out. :hilarious:

Beautiful photos!
Thanks! The Victoria Gardens might be my favorite spot in WS.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Canada continued

F08CCF55-2E4A-41A5-A653-9D90E43FA252.jpeg
E986AB80-97D0-4055-AC0B-AC5C7FC81F04.jpeg
4C38D7B1-0BA6-4848-9276-BCB035944FE7.jpeg
BC8B01FB-4071-478A-8A77-D897308EA971.jpeg

866BCAFD-3287-4920-8708-F0A3F273B492.jpeg

48CB9935-CE92-4B1D-AB33-CAE7F36C740B.jpeg

Next up was O Canada. The next show was in 10mins, so we didn’t have to wait long. I absolutely love O Canada, and each time I see it, my desire to visit @amjt660 ‘s homeland greatens. I’m interested to see what the rumored new film will be like. I know a lot people don’t like him as the narrator, but I hope they keep Martin Short.

After O Canada, our next stop was the U.K. pavilion.

3E35C9ED-48CC-40D3-B68F-2EC00D5F4F5F.jpeg

6C3C21A0-8AF6-4F83-932D-F8E9EC2A510A.jpeg

We went inside the Sportsman’s Shoppe so L could get something for a friend.

I wandered around outside the store and saw this.
03E16999-0B97-4717-A955-DBF6569773E4.jpeg

EXPOSED WIRING?! 😲 ARE YOU FREAKIN’ SERIOUS?! THE MAGIC IS RUINED! BAD SHOW DISNEY! Jk :hilarious: I was surprised though. Disney usually hides stuff like this pretty well.

We went in a few more stores then headed to France.

My time to hit up some outdoor kitchens was running out. There were 2 items left that I wanted to get, so I decided to check off the 1st one.

Fleur de Lys: Canard Confit a la Provençal (Braised Duck Confit with Tomatoes and Olives on Polenta)
7D9D4383-8E77-43C2-8508-25E7518B58AF.jpeg

O. MY. GOD. Words can’t describe how good this was, and the portion was huge! They always have some form of duck at Fleur de Lys during F&G and it’s always incredible, but this is the absolute best I’ve had so far! The duck was flavorful and tender, the polenta (French cornbread) was good and sweet, and the tomato sauce was fantastic! I wish I could go back rn just so I can get this! Fleur de Lys never fails to please my taste buds, and that is why it is my favorite F&G outdoor kitchen.

Up next: More WS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom