News ‘Rivers of Light: We Are One’ coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom summer 2019

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
How dare you question them.

:hilarious:
tenor.gif

Kman101

“Haters gonna hate,” per usual.

I like the idea - drawing the link from Disney’s nature films to a glimpse of a character based on that animal. You reach a broader audience - the folks who are there for the animals, and those who are there for the characters. No harm done, and keep the kids interested.

Your fairly offensive error here is referring to guests who will enjoy this as “low.”

You would of had me had you not done the "haters gonna hate" ...

You like the idea. Others don't. One doesn't invalidate the other, as you said, and we're all certainly entitled to our opinion. It's always interesting when folks disagree it falls into "well you just hate IP" (and I agree, some seem to, but that's not the majority)

You're not wrong if it's handled that way (the new show). But at the same time, if the show isn't massively changed, and it's changing some music and adding clips of Disney movies featuring jungle animals, then how is that "fixing" the show? Is it fixed in people's minds because they just happen to prefer it with characters? I'm genuinely wondering

For the record, I don't hate IP. But I disagree with their current mind-frame that everything MUST be tied to it. You don't enjoy Haunted Mansion any less because it doesn't have Mickey Mouse in it, right?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Except when they do guest surveys, about the number 1 thing people want to see at Disney World is DISNEY stuff. Go figure. That means the movies, shows, etc. You might hate it, but you aren't the demo.

And the "bald-headed merch goon" (such a tasteful comment) won't lose any sleep over not pleasing the 1% on here that think they know better.

Wait... You mean there isn't any "Disney stuff" at DAK?? WHY haven't they addressed this in the 20 years the park has been open???!?! 😭

You don't know me. You don't know what I like and dislike. There are things coming that I do like, and I have stated so. But the square-peg-round-hole approach to every low guest survey result is what bothers many, and we are going to call it out every time. If you can't take the heat, my dear, stay out of the kitchen. The adults around here like to have thoughtful, meaningful conversations from time to time without the peanut gallery thinking they have the only opinion that matters. Respect - It's earned, not given.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
I still love Disney and I'm not even anti-this-change. @mikejs78 got me fired up about Reflections of Earth, which I'm colossally bummed about.
I also tend to be on the optimistic side of things when it comes to the changes at Disney. But the end of RoE is one of the things that really bugs me. I get that the show has aging and ailing infrastructure. I would have been ecstatic about a reimagining of RoE with new tech, or even a brand new show that was in the spirit of RoE... But what we are getting isn't that. At all.

Oh, and don't even get me started about the rumored removal of the torches around World Showcase. That's practically criminal.

Kman101

Except when they do guest surveys, about the number 1 thing people want to see at Disney World is DISNEY stuff. Go figure. That means the movies, shows, etc. You might hate it, but you aren't the demo.

And the "bald-headed merch goon" (such a tasteful comment) won't lose any sleep over not pleasing the 1% on here that think they know better.

So is Haunted Mansion not Disney enough then?

Is Aerosmith "Disney" enough?

What about Tower of Terror?

Disney is more than just slapping characters everywhere and calling it "Disney" ...

CaptainAmerica

Disney is more than just slapping characters everywhere and calling it "Disney" ...
Last I knew (though this is admittedly out of date), the attraction that gets the highest percentage of "Excellent" guest feedback ratings is Kilimanjaro Safaris, which is exactly 0% "Disney."

FigmentForver96

Because us 1% know Disney is more then just characters. It was a company that invested in new ideas (EPCOT Center, Animal Kingdom). They created and set the bar but I guess it’s time for us to move on Kman 🙄

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Really? You've read the response to EVERY. SINGLE. DISNEY. SURVEY. over the past 10 years? Including all of mine? Because I've never said "I want to see more Disney stuff" in a location that is full of NOTHING BUT Disney stuff.

Be careful, you know what they say when you assume....

Kevin_W

I was at Dollywood this past September. And I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was there last month (for the first time) during their Festival of Nations and I could see some of the Disney comparisons. The international performers were as good as any you would find at Epcot. The food booths with overpriced samples of different cuisines were lower quality than what I've had at Epcot, though. As for the rest of the park/rides.. definitely more King's Island than Disneyworld.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I also tend to be on the optimistic side of things when it comes to the changes at Disney. But the end of RoE is one of the things that really bugs me. I get that the show has aging and ailing infrastructure. I would have been ecstatic about a reimagining of RoE with new tech, or even a brand new show that was in the spirit of RoE... But what we are getting isn't that. At all.

Oh, and don't even get me started about the rumored removal of the torches around World Showcase. That's practically criminal.

That I hope IS a rumor.

Kevin_W

There’s been concerns over RoE over the last few years. However the IP inclusion for the new show is part mandate from Burbank and part being told the response to HEA.

I love HEA; it's currently my favorite Disney show (beating out even RoE). But if I want to watch HEA, I can go over to the Magic Kingdom and watch it. I don't need it in Epcot as well .

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If they are going to bring in some IP...at least incorporate music from the film Iron Will....it is a classic, after all....

Jeremy Geertsema

This could end up being good or bad.

Obviously, the end result will be different than the concept art - but I like the idea of them showcasing Disney characters with the complete real-life alternative. They showed Simba with his mom, and complemented it with a real life lion cub; could be very effective.

Hopefully the music doesn't change too much, and whatever changes will be made tastefully.

Now if only they could bring back the shamans....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom