News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

fractal

um ok. I didn’t know that was a thing I could do. Geez
You can start here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They are still in the trials for this. I was shot with the 3rd dose a week an a half ago. They did break down by age as well. Not sure we'll see it "ASAP" but could be wrong. Pfizer/BioNTech plan to unblind rather quickly, but they also knew full well those of us who had reactions the first time around would figure it out with this 3rd shot ;)
It just seems as though they reversed from “2 is enough” to publicly wanting a third rather quickly…

like they got a call from Pennsylvania Avenue or something?

DCBaker

Premium Member
The WDW website has been updated with this message -

"As we have done since reopening, we’ve been very intentional and gradual in our approach to our COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Based on recent trends and regulatory guidance, Walt Disney World Resort will be making adjustments to these measures, which may continue to change at any time without notice.

We encourage people to get vaccinated."

correcaminos

It just seems as though they reversed from “2 is enough” to publicly wanting a third rather quickly…

like they got a call from Pennsylvania Avenue or something?
They actually were in trials before they had the solid 6 month data. I read of quite a few phase 1 people doing the booster trials to gauge what to expect lol. It's buried in news though and was admittedly harder to find. I was called in a couple weeks ago now, but I'm a later phase 2/3 person who was vaccinated first time 10 months ago. So I guess my view is less rushed to change course than yours. I was called in the first time just over a year ago with my first appointment that had a power outage making me reschedule for later on so I have been around a while watching and listening to the timing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
And now this -

"Beginning July 30, face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions. Face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They actually were in trials before they had the solid 6 month data. I read of quite a few phase 1 people doing the booster trials to gauge what to expect lol. It's buried in news though and was admittedly harder to find. I was called in a couple weeks ago now, but I'm a later phase 2/3 person who was vaccinated first time 10 months ago. So I guess my view is less rushed than yours. I was called in the first time just over a year ago with my first appointment that had a power outage making me reschedule for later on so I have been around a while watching and listening to the timing.
I don’t think the research is “rushed”..:it was prudent to look at this all along…

but the messaging/PR seems to have changed course some.

correcaminos

I don’t think the research is “rushed”..:it was prudent to look at this all along…

but the messaging/PR seems to have changed course some.
Oh sorry, I didn't mean research rushed. I meant changing course as you just said. They didn't change as quickly as people think. They've been rather proactive about this longer than most realize was my point. Sorry for not wording that right. I'll edit my post to reflect my real meaning.

danv3

And now this -

"Beginning July 30, face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions. Face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas."
Does this mean in outdoor queues? Last time "upon entering attractions" was interpreted to mean outdoor queues but not extended outdoor queues, IIRC.

StarWarsGirl

danv3

The WDW website has been updated with this message -

"As we have done since reopening, we’ve been very intentional and gradual in our approach to our COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Based on recent trends and regulatory guidance, Walt Disney World Resort will be making adjustments to these measures, which may continue to change at any time without notice.

We encourage people to get vaccinated."
I wish the last sentence read "If you ever want things back to normal, get vaccinated now!"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And now this -

Bravo, Slaphead

the right call on a temporary basis

999th Happy Haunt

1627521261735.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom