Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusAranX

So we just throw up our hands and contribute to giving it opportunity. Gotcha.
Not necessarily, vaccine outreach will continue, but unfortunately we're looking at that scenario. Hopefully it induces further natural immunity. Even the mutations so far including Delta have not been overly resistant to vaccines [to the point of severe hospitalization and/or death].

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It will continue to go up, but it’s already one of the top states.

Top states for 1 shot 18+
  1. VT 84% of adults with 1 shot
  2. HI 82%
  3. MA 81%
  4. CT 77%
  5. NJ 76%
  6. ME 76%
  7. PA 74%
  8. RI 74%
  9. NM 73%
  10. MD 72%
  11. NH 72%
  12. WA 72%
  13. CA 72%
  14. DC 70%
  15. NY 70%
Notice the pattern?

here’s where I want it to go...to about 80% by Labor Day...and hopefully 95% by Turkey carving.

BuddyThomas

Flugell

I read with sadness the call for this thread to be ended and would ask that it be continued, if possible!
Being from the U.K. it has given me much information that would otherwise be very difficult to come by. I have taken comfort from the decreasing cases and deaths in the USA and each individual State. I have shared with you all the joy of people getting vaccinated and the worry that some are resistant and that may hamper herd immunity.
Most of all though, I have felt the compassion and kindness of people who I have never met through their posts and messages. I now consider many of you internet friends- a speedier version of pen pals! I would love to hear how WDW copes without any mitigations and when things will return to normality again as that will help us judge when to return to your beautiful country.
I know this is a selfish request but having read every post and been a member of the thread for about 15 months I would miss it greatly. As we are currently unable to enter society because of my husbands treatment it has provided me with contact to the outside world for at least an hour a day. I have read other perspectives and ideas and have been persuaded by some- though not all!
If it is to be closed may I thank you for helping me to keep my sanity, gain insight into the way the USA functions, keeping me amused at all times of the day and night and as I said before your compassion whether we agree or not.

BuddyThomas

I read with sadness the call for this thread to be ended and would ask that it be continued, if possible!
Being from the U.K. it has given me much information that would otherwise be very difficult to come by. I have taken comfort from the decreasing cases and deaths in the USA and each individual State. I have shared with you all the joy of people getting vaccinated and the worry that some are resistant and that may hamper herd immunity.
Most of all though, I have felt the compassion and kindness of people who I have never met through their posts and messages. I now consider many of you internet friends- a speedier version of pen pals! I would love to hear how WDW copes without any mitigations and when things will return to normality again as that will help us judge when to return to your beautiful country.
I know this is a selfish request but having read every post and been a member of the thread for about 15 months I would miss it greatly. As we are currently unable to enter society because of my husbands treatment it has provided me with contact to the outside world for at least an hour a day. I have read other perspectives and ideas and have been persuaded by some- though not all!
If it is to be closed may I thank you for helping me to keep my sanity, gain insight into the way the USA functions, keeping me amused at all times of the day and night and as I said before your compassion whether we agree or not.
I don’t see why this should have to be closed. Then again, I don’t see why anything should have to be closed. Then again, the censorship is strong here, so who knows what will happen.

bhg469

I just want to be able to buy a dang Epcot after 4 pass when I move to Florida on Friday .. anyone know when that'll happen?

DisneyDebRob

If and when it does close.. and you need any info that for some reason you can’t get in the UK.. you know there are many here to help and it only takes a pm in our inbox to get you what you need.🙂

Polkadotdress

If the thread remains, I'll be around to annoy people by pointing out none of us have ever been on the backside of a novel virus pandemic before and so we shouldn't be so sure of ourselves as to how things will play out. Even now.
Reminds me of the last few minutes of a horror film like “Friday the 13th”, where everything is calm...then out of nowhere Jason pops up again.

Turtlekrawl

Oh, is the pandemic totally over again?

Gee, all it took was 40-50% vaccination and completely ignoring the Delta strain that is doubling in cases here every two weeks.

Nothing left to discuss! 😉
Not over yet - based on traditional metrics. Got a dose of reality on that front today. Both my wife and 17 yo son tested positive today, despite being fully Pfizered. They just have fatigue and low grade fevers so far. Only found out because both have elective procedures coming up. As many have said, case totals are becoming less important. I fully expect to see a delta variant spike in case counts. What really matters is disease severity, hospitalizations, and deaths.
God willing, those numbers will continue to decline.

hopemax

Reminds me of the last few minutes of a horror film like “Friday the 13th”, where everything is calm...then out of nowhere Jason pops up again.
Novel virus, variant mutations, UK / Canada's partial vaccination strategy and a third of hospitalized Delta patients being partially or fully vaccinated... what could theoretically go wrong? If you are American, absolutely nothing, don't say a word, don't even think it! I don't really enjoy games of chicken, but especially not this one. Last summer, everyone else was convinced they knew what winter would look like. I see the same stuff now. But, I know, I know... Enjoy the summer.

Even if my covid checklist has "get through next winter" still unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom