Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppenheimer

Yep I didn’t read every single post in this thread. I’m sure there were some.

Point being I don’t see anyone in the last several pages advocating (as in I wasn’t) not taking vaccines.

That said it’s up to the individual, I am however against forcing people to take it (a topic a few weeks back) and this is from someone who got his shots several months ago.
I'm against forcing it as well (except for certain areas of medical employment), but I am for using strong market-based incentives to encourage people to get vaccinated. Carrots and sticks.

Mickey2021

It will be temporary, you are correct. The front line workers…grocery store employees..delivery people.. big box store employees that were open… all got praise and that big bump in pay, for a month or two and it went right back to the normal.
Our society is shocked by something that happens.. bands together to form a team.. then it quickly breaks down to everyone having different sides. Politics I believe is the major reason for it and I don’t have any reason to believe that it will change. I can continue to hope though.
Just want to let you know that not all front line workers got a bump in pay. My wife is a nurse at a major hospital in Massachusetts. She worked during the first March 2020 surge when their hospitals had over twice the number of Covid patients than at any time during the fall of 2020 or spring of 2021. Not only did her hospital not give any extra pay for that time, they also reclassified floating to other sections of the hospital for Covid as "reassignment" so they didn't have to pay the float differential. Oh, she did get a $10 dunkin donuts card though, if you want to count that. LOL

TrainsOfDisney

In keeping with the positive nature of this thread, it has now been over 14 days since Memorial Day weekend with no significant increase in cases/hospitalizations or deaths. This bodes well for effectiveness of the vaccines (not that we didn't already know they were extremely effective) and for normalcy as a whole.
That is really good news! Way better than last years Memorial Day.

GaBoy

you know who’s going to in the next year?
Take a guess?

267x367.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom