Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Sharon&Susan

...so many people upset that spiderman isnt a major e ticket, when it was already known it was a small interactive darkride since the beginning... the spiderman ride is great for what it is, a small family friendy interactive dark ride. jesus some of the people on here are so negative and cringey....
Haven't you complained about the Mario Kart ride in the Universal Studios threads, despite it having very similar goals (with more physical sets to boot)?

britain

I think this all looks fine and dandy for a D. A very slick D. And it probably was the correct choice to make Spidey - every 3 year old boy's favorite Marvel character - the focus of the land's family friendly D ticket.

But darn that Universal for making such a great E two decades earlier.

fctiger

The theory going round is that there's potential "YouTube smacks down music copyright" problems for the soundtracks being used during those silent portions. I guess that's possible. But the SM:Homecoming music is playing fine right there in the pre-show. What else could it be? AntMan music at PYM's? Guardian's music at the fortress? Avengers music with the Quinjet... BUT THEY OWN THOSE THEMES! The Homecoming music is the one thing they probably DON'T own, Sony does!

That COULD be true but I wouldn't be surprised if there was just no music because there is no music at the Ant Man ride in Hong Kong Disneyland either and that's also one of the biggest complaints of that ride there. Of course you would think they learned their lesson and heard the complaints with Ant-Man but they may be doubling down.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

In this video It's kind of hard to tell but it does sound like there is music playing in the background of the ride. Particularly around the 8 second mark. You also hear a female voice on the ride that isn't in any of the ride POV's that I have seen so far.

No it doesnt. And the female voice is another person also on the ride in a adjacent ride vehicle

MarvelCharacterNerd

Cynics gonna cynic. ;) Remember, just because something doesn't interest you, doesn't mean no one else will like it. And surprise - some of us, yes, will love what you find totally unappealing.

I will never go on any of these: Indy, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, all of Galaxy's Edge, Star Tours, the Incredicoaster, Grizzly River Rapids, Tower of Terror/M:BO, Toy Story Midway Mania, etc. etc. etc. Doesn't mean I feel the need to put them down because I don't enjoy them and they weren't made *for me*. It just means I go where I do enjoy. :) And I can celebrate that different things appeal to different people.

Personally, I'm SOOOOOOO happy with what was presented! Its character heaven there - have there ever been so many characters anywhere all at once like this in one land? Thor, Loki, Cap (Steve), Cap (Sam), Okoye and her two Dora Milaje, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Spidey, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp, Iron Man and then Taskmaster in the stunt show - plus Star-Lord, Gamora and Groot once the Dance-Off returns! And I bet they bring back Hawkeye when his show is on. TWENTY CHARACTERS IN ONE PLACE???!!!

I am so happy the Campus isn't time-locked like poor GE. Give us EVERYONE to meet!!! 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍

And thrilled they confirmed the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance-Off is coming back!!!! 😍😍😍

The Quinjet building at night and the Sanctum look beautiful!

Stuntronic looks awesome and Iove how the characters are climbing up and down the buildings!

And I'll give my opinion of the ride when I can this weekend. :)

P.S. Happy Birthday Kevin Feige - what a way to celebrate you! :)

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I think this all looks fine and dandy for a D. A very slick D. And it probably was the correct choice to make Spidey - every 3 year old boy's favorite Marvel character - the focus of the land's family friendly D ticket.

But darn that Universal for making such a great E two decades earlier.
Spidey needs to be an E like whats in Orlando

Californian Elitist

...so many people upset that spiderman isnt a major e ticket, when it was already known it was a small interactive darkride since the beginning... the spiderman ride is great for what it is, a small family friendy interactive dark ride. jesus some of the people on here are so negative and cringey....
No. We're not upset that it's not an E. As you stated, this was already known prior to the ride opening. We're upset that Disney was so lazy with this attraction and didn't do better, as they should and could have. Also, didn't you ask for this thread to be deleted?

I know you're excited. Good for you, power to you. However, let some of us be disappointed.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Cynics gonna cynic. ;) Remember, just because something doesn't interest you, doesn't mean no one else will like it. And surprise - some of us, yes, will love what you find totally unappealing.

I will never go on any of these: Indy, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, all of Galaxy's Edge, Star Tours, the Incredicoaster, Grizzly River Rapids, Tower of Terror/M:BO, Toy Story Midway Mania, etc. etc. etc. Doesn't mean I feel the need to put them down because I don't enjoy them and they weren't made *for me*. It just means I go where I do enjoy. :) And I can celebrate that different things appeal to different people.

Personally, I'm SOOOOOOO happy with what was presented! Its character heaven there - have there ever been so many characters anywhere all at once like this in one land? Thor, Loki, Cap (Steve), Cap (Sam), Okoye and her two Dora Milaje, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Spidey, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp, Iron Man and then Taskmaster in the stunt show - plus Star-Lord, Gamora and Groot once the Dance-Off returns! And I bet they bring back Hawkeye when his show is on. TWENTY CHARACTERS IN ONE PLACE???!!!

I am so happy the Campus isn't time-locked like poor GE. Give us EVERYONE to meet!!! 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍

And thrilled they confirmed the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance-Off is coming back!!!! 😍😍😍

Stuntronic looks awesome and Iove how the characters are climbing up and down the buildings!

Not all the characters will be there all the time at all hours. That's not how theme parks work. What you saw is who you may see at some point

fctiger

People are just reacting to the video of course. But even some of the reviews I seen before no one seems to be outright raving about it. One Youtuber though said that the ride experience is better than the video (which is usually is) but can't give their complete thoughts until Friday.

But I don't really disagree. We've know what this was for at least a year now. I think it would help if people compared their thoughts to this ride to TSM and their thoughts on that. Then it may be more realistic of what to expect. I haven't watched the whole video (I never watch ride videos until after I ride it) but the little I have seen seem fun at least, just nothing to wow me either.

fctiger

I'm still pretty excited overall too even if the ride itself is just OK. I think the land in general looks amazing and can't wait to see it at night.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'm still pretty excited overall too even if the ride itself is just OK. I think the land in general looks amazing and can't wait to see it at night.
Remember, most people have not given their reviews yet of the attraction because of the embargo until Friday. ;)

And again, some people may approach things/appreciate things differently than others. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom