Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

180º

You point out that being in Disneyland is thematically inconsistent and his computer brain can't handle the illogic and implodes.
Or, you show him a slideshow of how he is LESS timeless, LESS Disney, and I can't remember the third one, but as a consequence Ultron is partially shut down, given a new coat of paint, and half of him is removed while the other half is reprogrammed to sing Disney songs and blink colorful lights.

DrAlice

Real talk. I’d be too self conscious of people looking at my crotch to play Spidey. Braver men than me.

Iron Man would be no big deal.
It's really all about the fabric used. I look at Captain Marvel and have similar thoughts about parts of my anatomy. However, if the fabric is thick and, umm... supportive enough, you wouldn't feel too exposed. Especially if there are foam liners in stragetic places. I would imagine many cosplayers have built their costumes with thin spandex only. Yeah, that would be a hard pass for me. :)

P.S. I speak from dance costume experience. :D

DrAlice

Yeah they will probably just refund your money too. I don't think this is a huge deal and frankly it's just probably for the first couple of days or maybe weeks. But we have been on this merry-go-round before with both CL and GE and all the fears the place will be so packed people will be turned away for weeks and even months on end and none of that ever happened.

Granted, difference being CL and GE are literally the biggest lands in each park and AC is pretty tiny but like everything, people will go in, do the ride if they get a BG, get a bite to eat, take a few pics and move on. Most won't stay any longer than an hour tops as there is so little to do with just a ride, restaurant and a shop. It may take a little longer to get inside but everyone will have no problem seeing it even when it opens. A month from now I'm guessing it won't be an issue at all. But probably trying to ride WEB or ordering food will most likely still be a pain.
Yeah, after some time to think, I agree that you are probably right. At least, I hope so! Either way, I'll let you know soon. ;)

Thanks to you and @Mousertainment for talking me down from the angry ledge. :D

Professortango1

lol guardians is amazing

Mission BO fans remind me of my college roommate. I love all kinds of music, so he would drag me to these terrible metal shows where there was no goal to make music, but to just be as loud and edgy as possible. When I didn't find that endearing, he would just smirk and say "Does this rock too hard for you? Can't handle real music??" Yeah, that's Mission Bo for me.

"Tower of Terror just had this one specially designed drop profile at the end of the ride. We have 4 and we're going to keep shaking you throughout the entire ride! Never stopping! Hardcore, right???? Tower of Terror had these long scenes open up and play before us using a variety of effects to build to a finale, but we have GIANT SCREENS that you're going to blow past and that will be playing some random craziness every time you bounce past it! Its so random! And you won't even be able to hear any of the scripted scenes over the music and yelling! Totally edgy!"

Californian Elitist

Mission BO fans remind me of my college roommate. I love all kinds of music, so he would drag me to these terrible metal shows where there was no goal to make music, but to just be as loud and edgy as possible. When I didn't find that endearing, he would just smirk and say "Does this rock too hard for you? Can't handle real music??" Yeah, that's Mission Bo for me.

"Tower of Terror just had this one specially designed drop profile at the end of the ride. We have 4 and we're going to keep shaking you throughout the entire ride! Never stopping! Hardcore, right???? Tower of Terror had these long scenes open up and play before us using a variety of effects to build to a finale, but we have GIANT SCREENS that you're going to blow past and that will be playing some random craziness every time you bounce past it! Its so random! And you won't even be able to hear any of the scripted scenes over the music and yelling! Totally edgy!"
One of my previous supervisors is like this. Not interested at all in effort and quality and just overlooks it entirely when it comes to Disney. I distinctly remember referring to Pixar Pier as “fantastic.” Yikes.

And of course, she loves MBO.

fctiger

Or maybe just maybe some people can just like both rides?

There seems to be so much resentment over the ride on this board and yet everyone I know whose been on it loves it. I was very skeptical of it too and certainly missed TOT, but then I went on it. And I been a fan of it since. It's just a really fun ride and for 99% of people out there, that's going to matter the most. Even now I checked the wait time and it's at 70 minutes.

I been on every TOT in the world minus Paris (which was literally a clone copy of the DCA version anyway) and they all offer something a bit different than the others and the original version at WDW will always be my favorite. But GOTG MBO creates a fun atmosphere on a level no other ride in that park does. My kids liked TOT a lot but they can't get enough of MBO because its not only something that is waaaay more relevant for their age group, it's just a much more fun experience overall.

And I imagine the merchandise they sell for it probably outsells the TOT merchandise on a massive level since I doubt most people under 40 has ever watched the original show. Everyone knows who Rocket and Groot are these days.

castleparker

I think the main thing TOT had going for it was the amazingly themed queue, and the fact that it meshed well with the new Buena Vista Street, both of which I still very much miss. In hindsight, the actual ride was where it really fell apart. Only two scenes, one of which was a short mirror trick. I think its a good thing that Guardians focuses much more on the actual thrill part, with the increased drops being the main draw of the ride. The screens only add to that, and are not the main focus. With Avengers Campus now open I can somewhat better forgive the nightmarishly garish "fortress" sticking out like a sore thumb in the back of Hollywood land since it now has its own land to be a part of.

fctiger

Wait a second — are you guys suggesting that DCA’s ToT was high quality? It was the cheap version of the ride, which was absolutely put to shame by every other ToT out there. Why so many of you are so attached to the ride is beyond me. It was objectively the worst ToT.

That is the irony, people who been on the Florida version complained about not having the 5th dimension room, the lack of the different exit and just being a much shorter experience overall. I was one of them because It did feel much cheaper. I was happy to have TOT (it was at least a quality ride in that park at the time) but it still felt like a much subdue version.

But you know what, after awhile, it won me over too. I still think the DHS version is the superior version on every level but I no longer miss the 5th dimension room. I just learn to like the version we got (and it was much closer to my house ;)).

But it's just another reminder that Disney fans eventually falls in love with pretty much anything after enough time passes. I'm still shocked people seem to genuinely miss ABL and even the original PP, since neither were great lands. One was a kiddy area with decent theming at least and the other wasn't much better than Pixar Pier now (but I can understand missing Calif. Screamin) but people now mourn these areas like we lost DCA's version of NOS. Like TOT, they all felt like cheaper knock offs but once you get use to something, then yeah.

In ten years when MBO is being changed for a different MCU reskin and the Guardians are no longer popular, there is going to be ton of people going "WHYYYYYYY??" and fighting like tooth and nail to keep it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom