Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
But yeah, not wanting to drop restrictions RIGHT THIS SECOND means people want them to go on forever. Grow up.
Spare me your righteousness. Just answer the question, when does it stop? Specifics would be appreciated. Quite frankly the fact that no can or wants to answer this question should concern everyone.

If the vacine works and is safe and effective at providing immunity, and everyone has access to it (supply exceeding demand, where we are now) when does it stop?

ImperfectPixie

Spare me your righteousness. Just answer the question, when does it stop? Specifics would be appreciated. Quite frankly the fact that no can or wants to answer this question should concern everyone.

If the vacine works and is safe and effective at providing immunity, and everyone has access to it (supply exceeding demand, where we are now) when does it stop?
Do you really blame them for not wanting to answer a question when that answer depends on multiple variables, not the least of which is human behavior? Considering how people react when someone is wrong about something that doesn't involve a global health crisis, I'm not surprised we haven't been given an answer yet.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Do you really blame them for not wanting to answer a question when that answer depends on multiple variables, not the least of which is human behavior? Considering how people react when someone is wrong about something that doesn't involve a global health crisis, I'm not surprised we haven't been given an answer yet.
BS excuse and you know it. Don’t dodge and avoid because then you sound like a politician.

Eliminating CV19 is impossible, but it can be contained and dealt with through vaccines and therapeutics. What level ends the pandemic and restrictions?

Chomama

BS excuse and you know it. Don’t dodge and avoid because then you sound like a politician.

Eliminating CV19 is impossible, but it can be contained and dealt with through vaccines and therapeutics. What level ends the pandemic and restrictions?
The problem is the answer is subjective and someone in authority has to just say something solid. If it were me - 70% of adults or 60% of population combined with less than 5 per 100k new infections per day nationwide average over 2-3 weeks

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The problem is the answer is subjective and someone in authority has to just say something solid. If it were me - 70% of adults or 60% of population combined with less than 5 per 100k new infections per day nationwide average over 2-3 weeks
The answer is always going to be subjective. It’s the same reason why 50 states have 50 different criteria for restrictions. It’s the reason why 50 different states say they’re each following the science.

Set a goal to achieve so that people will work towards something instead of nothing but ambiguity and conflicting information. Get noted TV personality and part time scientist Doctor Fauci to do something productive.

Chi84

Premium Member
I agree. It’s time to hear something more solid from our leaders than what we’ve been hearing. Honestly, I’m getting a bit disappointed with the lack of communication.

ImperfectPixie

The answer is always going to be subjective. It’s the same reason why 50 states have 50 different criteria for restrictions. It’s the reason why 50 different states say they’re each following the science.

Set a goal to achieve so that people will work towards something instead of nothing but ambiguity and conflicting information. Get noted TV personality and part time scientist Doctor Fauci to do something productive.
Your last sentence just blew your credibility. You're the second person today to do that.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I'm not in a position of expertise or authority to state an end goal.

If I could have my best wish? 70% of Americans vaccinated and less than 15,000 new cases per day.
There you go! Now can you imagine if our illustrious heads of HHS and CDC came out and said that if each state achieved those goals they could remove all restrictions? You think that would be a motivator for those on the fence?

hopemax

Ok great, I don’t really care what you think. But since you can’t even state an end goal, you’re not engaging in an honest discussion and just spouting nonsense.
I'm pretty sure today I posted about my baselines being cases akin to last spring, and the winter surge akin to influenza levels but the reality of the situation is that there is no human being on this earth, let alone a Disney message board that can *accurately* describe the levels needed to bring SAR-CoV-2 to a manageable state until AFTER we have reached them. None. All we have are guesses. Because this is a brand new disease. You are the one that is not engaging in an honest discussion and just spouting nonsense. You might as well be asking where the next tornado will hit, because after all, there are people that spend their lives studying tornadoes so they should know. How do you think this country will react if given a number too low and then we have to do more? How do you think this country will react if the levels enumerated are accurate but regular folks believe they are too high to achieve?

Chomama

I'm pretty sure today I posted about my baselines being cases akin to last spring, and the winter surge akin to influenza levels but the reality of the situation is that there is no human being on this earth, let alone a Disney message board that can *accurately* describe the levels needed to bring SAR-CoV-2 to a manageable state until AFTER we have reached them. None. All we have are guesses. Because this is a brand new disease. You are the one that is not engaging in an honest discussion and just spouting nonsense. You might as well be asking where the next tornado will hit, because after all, there are people that spend their lives studying tornadoes so they should know. How do you think this country will react if given a number too low and then we have to do more? How do you think this country will react if the levels enumerated are accurate but regular folks believe they are too high to achieve?
Also I can’t imagine what would happen if they are wrong. What if there is another surge after we remove restrictions. Will people be fine with it? Or do we get more outrage? It is a lose lose. I do, however, wish we had at least a vague idea of what we are shooting for here. We aren’t going to get 75-80% vaccinated so we need some realistic goals

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
That moment when you forget that state boundaries aren’t real boundaries with physical limitations.
Well unfortunately this little problem of the sovereignty of states comes into play. So while I appreciate your poor attempt at snark rather than actually discussing the issue, there is no way to avoid the fact that our system of government requires us to divide whatever regs/guidelines via each of the 50 states.

ImperfectPixie

Also I can’t imagine what would happen if they are wrong. What if there is another surge after we remove restrictions. Will people be fine with it? Or do we get more outrage? It is a lose lose. I do, however, wish we had at least a vague idea of what we are shooting for here. We aren’t going to get 75-80% vaccinated so we need some realistic goals
Your first few lines are part of my previous point. A definitive answer could be setting themselves up for trouble through no fault of their own.

ETA: That's also one of my fears. That we start easing restrictions too early and see another surge.

BlindChow

If the vacine [sic] works and is safe and effective at providing immunity, and everyone has access to it (supply exceeding demand, where we are now) when does it stop?
I guess you haven't been paying attention. Plenty of people have suggested numbers when restrictions might be lifted. I mean, they weren't "Right this instant," so I can see why an anti-masker would gloss right over them...

I've seen numbers as low as 65% of the eligible population vaccinated, with case numbers around 5 per 100,000. So...there are your numbers. What, you worried that won't happen? Blame your anti-vax friends, then.

We are still giving out well over 2M vaccines per day in this country, so clearly demand is still high. Weird that the "supply" of the vaccine doesn't instantly appear in people's veins after it rolls off the assembly line, huh?

But no, we must drop all restrictions right this instant, and everyone who doesn't ignore the fact we are still in the midst of a global pandemic is just power-mad with their new-found ability to make people wear cloth over their mouths. :rolleyes:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Because this is a brand new disease. You are the one that is not engaging in an honest discussion and just spouting nonsense. You might as well be asking where the next tornado will hit, because after all, there are people that spend their lives studying tornadoes so they should know. How do you think this country will react if given a number too low and then we have to do more? How do you think this country will react if the levels enumerated are accurate but regular folks believe they are too high to achieve?
We can and have been able to easily identify a level at which the virus is spreading and out of control, yet it is IMPOSSIBLE to identify a level at which is manageable and stable?

Your analogy of a tornado is a crappy one, we have no control over tornadoes, we do have control over CV19 through vaccines and therapeutics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom