Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What I find particularly challenging is that those whose expertise is in these fields warned us this was coming. Our response was a bit of a collective shrug with a bit of an "American Can't Do" attitude. The only way we are going to learn is to go through it. This is what denial looks like.

I think a good response to those who argue "live life" as an excuse for no safety mandates is that we can learn to "live life" through simpler things for a short period so that we can live life through more festive things more quickly and for longer.

Life is never going back to the way it was, even with treatments and vaccines because this has changed the world, so the opportunity for personal, spiritual, emotional growth is to learn how to find joy in whatever way it will be going forward.

I wish I could like this 1000 times

I think it may come down to regional lockdowns and Gov taking matters into their own hands even more. For example, on the west coast, we have been partnering with Oregon and Washington on a lot of things, it may get to a point where the pact says "we are completely locking down." The northeast states are having an emergency meeting ,they could do the same thing as well. Its going to get to a point where it is LITERALLY every state for themselves, because some of these red states will NEVER do what's best for the greater good.

They have been in the arrangement in two northeastern blocks since the spring...the problem is the raw math is growing and it’s making the choices more difficult to do as a collective.

Yeah too bad for us in Florida ☹️

Unfortunately...the people reap what they have sown in 2018. Never double down on following a clown. (Or triple down...but you got bailed out of that)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If the pre-marketing trials are not enough to reassure you, there will be a huge post-marketing surveillance effort amongst the health care workers and first responders who will likely receive it prior to the general public.

I would imagine that this is how it’s gonna go:

A huge chunk of people will try to delay taking these vax for a month or so...to “cleverly” try to see the results of the human guinea pigs. This is where top down leadership and message really matter. More than it has even to this point.

Not looking good there.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

A huge chunk of people will try to delay taking these vax for a month or so...to “cleverly” try to see the results of the human guinea pigs. This is where top down leadership and message really matter. More than it has even to this point.

Not looking good there.
I don’t think they will have any issue finding front line workers (healthcare and first responders) to take the vaccine first. These are the people there helping all of us. They are seeing their co-workers get sick and some even die. They see first hand how bad things can get with patients. They go to work every day worrying that they will get sick and then bring something home to their families. People won’t need to delay, there will be less supply than demand for months, depending on what happens with the other vaccine trials.

Heppenheimer

I don’t think they will have any issue finding front line workers (healthcare and first responders) to take the vaccine first. These are the people there helping all of us. They are seeing their co-workers get sick and some even die. They see first hand how bad things can get with patients. They go to work every day worrying that they will get sick and then bring something home to their families. People won’t need to delay, there will be less supply than demand for months, depending on what happens with the other vaccine trials.
For anyone working in health care, as soon as it becomes available, vaccination will likely be mandatory.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

That is true...I was thinking more general population...but you’re right about the frontline workers.

My personal feeling is that non-mask areas should be taking these first. For two reasons.

But I seldom get my way

Touchdown

The vaccine is also likely to be mandatory for:
-Getting a surgical procedure
-Visiting or being admitted to a nursing home
-Going to public school
-Going to a concert or sporting event (Ticketmaster already has stated this)
-Flying on an airplane
-and of course, most applicable to this board, going to a theme park

I for one, provided I can see the study report, will be first in line and two weeks after my last booster will go somewhere warm.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
-Going to public school
-Flying on an airplane

I for one, provided I can see the study report, will be first in line and two weeks after my last booster will go somewhere warm.

I see just a couple of difficulties on your list

JoeCamel

-Going to public school
-Flying on an airplane

donating blood......

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Likely first responders too. I know a bunch of people in those groups and none of them would have a problem with that. They are tired.
...so say we all

1605538161353.jpeg

Patcheslee

-Going to public school
-Flying on an airplane

At what point would there be enough availability to actually accommodate all those though? We can't even get enough tests still, and closest expected delivery of the vaccine to me will so far be 50miles north of home.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
At what point would there be enough availability to actually accommodate all those though? We can't even get enough tests still, and closest expected delivery of the vaccine to me will so far be 50miles north of home.
Not any time soon. For example I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think if the vaccine becomes widely available it would be required to go back to school Fall 2021. For a place like WDW or a concert or a flight it would only be after it’s widely available and they will most likely offer an alternative. In the Ticketmaster example you could also show proof of a negative test instead of vaccine. If someone has a medical condition that precludes them from being vaccinated I’m sure they won’t be restricted from activity.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Not looking good there.

I think that will just naturally happen anyway because it will roll out slowly as production ramps up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think that will just naturally happen anyway because it will roll out slowly as production ramps up.

We need to get on message here. Every day could still cost lives and (the deeper reason to most) billions of dollars.

So the vaccines look like they’ll work...let’s get this all under control. Across the board.

You want to go to Disney? Shut up and mask up for 6 months. Over the winter. This is not a mountain that can’t be climbed.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We need to get on message here. Everyday day could still cost lives and (the deeper reason to most) billions of dollars.

So the vaccines look like they’ll work...let’s get this all under control. Across the board.

You want to go to Disney? Shut up and mask up for 6 months. Over the winter. This is not a mountain that can’t be climbed.

Not sure what this has to do with what I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom