One That Got Away

NelleBelle

In 2018, we were in AK and I saw a zippered hoodie with the embroidered compass Mickey on the back and all the ride logos on the inside of the hood. They of course didn't have my size and my son wanted one but he hemmed and hawed over it, too. So I thought I'd get it at DS. No luck in my size there. I used that wonderful app (that is sadly no more) where you could find what you wanted in your size by scanning the tag and they had NONE IN MY SIZE! But at our resort, they had the next size up in my son's size but he decided he'd wait and order it when we got home. Too late. Sold out. That same trip I found an Alice hoodie at Epcot and never made my way back to that store.

But last year, DH and I are at DLR and I'm freezing. I duck into the Emporium on Main St to look at hoodies and low and behold...the hoodie from AK from 2018 that I fell in love with...in my size and my DS' size!! I didn't hesitate and bought both!

Figments Friend

Yeah, those starbucks "been there" mugs. I haven't been to the parks in a long time, so only knew about them through blogs and sites etc. Rather than look into getting them right away i sat on it for a while and now (I think?) they are no longer available at the parks.

So, now i see them on eBay for RIDICULOUS prices. Which is really annoying because i really liked them. but there's no way i'm paying the prices on eBay.

EDIT - I rest my case (it's not even Ebay!!!)

The 'You Are Here' mugs are still available at WDW at most of the 'Starbucks' locations in the Parks.
They have updated / changed the designs considerably however, and they have also added non-mug options such as both plastic and ceramic 'travel tumblers' .

I was looking them over a couple of weeks ago while visiting the Parks, and didn't care for the current designs.
The first set that was issued a few years ago is still the best, in my opinion.
Really liked the designs and colors used for Epcot and MK.

I have the first 'Disneyland Park' edition, and the Disneyland 'Fantasyland' edition that i like quite a bit.
Still have not picked up any of the first WDW editions thus far....

-

ls3015

Hope this go's along with the thread, I would like to know what has happened to all the resin big Figures that Disney used to sell in all the parks and downtown, I collected a bunch of them, , but than Disney went to the medium size figures, should have purchased more back when, now they only have the painted up multi colored things, Where have all the Big Figs gone?

JaxPatchZandt

Around 2008 or 2009 I saw a shirt in the Polynesian Gift Shop with Grumpy on it surrounded by the words "It Only Takes One Knight". I loved it because I just had watched Snow White the night before and noticed Grumpy led the charge against the Evil Queen at the end and doesnt get enough credit. I told myself id buy the shirt on the way back, didnt grab it when I was back in the hotel that night but it was still there. Told myself id do it the next day but we were in a rush to leave to our next adventure and long story short no one has any photos of this shirt or can prove it existed aside from my girlfriend at the time and I both remembering it.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Around 2008 or 2009 I saw a shirt in the Polynesian Gift Shop with Grumpy on it surrounded by the words "It Only Takes One Knight". I loved it because I just had watched Snow White the night before and noticed Grumpy led the charge against the Evil Queen at the end and doesnt get enough credit. I told myself id buy the shirt on the way back, didnt grab it when I was back in the hotel that night but it was still there. Told myself id do it the next day but we were in a rush to leave to our next adventure and long story short no one has any photos of this shirt or can prove it existed aside from my girlfriend at the time and I both remembering it.
This was how I felt about the painting. I have no proof it ever existed other than my wife seeing it too. And no it was not a thomas kincade one!

Shouldigo12

I got very few souvenirs when I went. Partly because I don't really wear stuff with the characters and the logos other than for lounging around in, and partly because the prices were a little absurd considering I could find very similar stuff at my local Walmart or even my Box Lunch. But I found these really beautiful hair combs in Morocco that I loved. No disney theming, just pretty hair combs. And I didn't get them, because I typically don't do much with my hair and thought it would be a waste. I wish I had, they were gorgeous and the perfect subtle souvenir

ppete1975

This guy offered to sell me an animatronic once, but he was kind of weird and i didnt trust him, also looked like someone had hacked the animatronic off his perch.. Cried alot for no reason, asked for his mommy if i asked him a question. I asked to borrow his cell phone and he freaked. Still wish id bought that animatronic.. ive found a pic of it at least..
1602613310019.png

yes im kidding, we all need to laugh more

Last edited:

mrp4352

Yes! Michelle St. Laurent (one of the Disney art on Main artists) had a booth at Flower and Garden festival a couple years ago with a picture of all the World Showcase countries represented as birdhouses on a back fence. It was SO COOL! (I'm a bird lover). I went back and forth all week on the purchase and when I finally decided to buy it - didn't make the time to go back. :-(

Deadphish

My wife bought a chip tea cup in 2017 and was determined to get the Mrs Potts that went with it on our next trip. We went the first week of September and searched for days in the parks. Finally asked on our last day, the cast member tried to look it up on the merch iPad and it wasn’t listed anywhere. Chip was still available everywhere.

Buried20KLeague

There's only one answer to this question. For a SHORT time, they sold a set of all 4 Haunted Mansion stretching room portrait tapestries. 999 were made. They're between 3 and 4 feet long each. The rods they each hung on had the same bats from the tops of the stantions inside the Mansion. I don't recall what the sale price was, but they went quick, and last time I checked they were $1500-$2000 if you could even find a set.

1602708370923.png

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
There's only one answer to this question. For a SHORT time, they sold a set of all 4 Haunted Mansion stretching room portrait tapestries. 999 were made. They're between 3 and 4 feet long each. The rods they each hung on had the same bats from the tops of the stantions inside the Mansion. I don't recall what the sale price was, but they went quick, and last time I checked they were $1500-$2000 if you could even find a set.

View attachment 505357
What year were these put on sale?

Parker in NYC

Once upon a time, just after the movie was released, I saw a framed Tiana's Palace print/painting at the Art of Disney in DD. It was small, seemed very much like concept art, and felt markedly subdued compared to a lot of the usual Art of Disney fluff. The color scheme was very Triplets of Belleville and you could see the music if that makes sense. Today I'd drop the money with no problem, but at the time, I could barely manage the rent! I returned to the store three times throughout the trip but still couldn't do it. Sadly, on my next trip, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

I have 2.

There was this beautiful jewelry box from Disneyland’s 50th anniversary that had the Marc Davis redhead painting on the top. I never actually saw this in-store, just a shopping guide.

The other was similar to that Snow White painting mentioned earlier in the thread, but it was for Cinderella, which showed the book for what Cindy wanted to use to update her mother’s dress, along with a few of her animal friends in it, trying to get her dress ready. I kept saying, “Next time,” and when I planned to finally take it home, it was gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom