One That Got Away

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Has anyone else ever regretted not buying something at WDW that they had eyed up at a store? Could be a shirt, a mug, a toy, anything.

For me there was a beautiful painting in the Art of Disney store in Epcot about 10 years ago that was just perfect. It was a painting showing snow whites cottage with a focus on a steaming apple pie cooling on the windowsill. Very subtle, not over the top, you might not even know it was Snow White related if it wasn't in a Disney store. Anyway I have in years since sought out that painting and never found it, still wish I had gotten it.

KBLovedDisney

Not Disney related, but there was a ring I was in the midst of purchasing back in 2011, like put down a first payment for layaway. However, due to car trouble...that stupid *bleeping* car...I had to cancel the payment and get a refund. Someone else snagged it afterwards. It was a custom made ring that I have never been able to find anything like it at all and I have been looking for years to find something even remotely close to it. I don't even have pictures of it that I could take to get remade at a retailer. It's upsetting.

LastoneOn

Yes. Was a big coffee mug couple of years ago. We bought one, should've bought two. Its got some nice graphics and turns out to be a pretty high quality, durable mug. Too much of the stuff isn't very unique, and just way overpriced. I like Disney, but I just don't need to be surrounded by it at home.

deeevo

Yes, happen at EPCOT last weekend. I wanted the white men's EPCOT t-shirt with the logo but didn't pull the trigger. Thought I could get it on ShopDisney but I couldn't. Now I need to go back and get it but EPCOT kind of sucks now with it opening at 11.

cookiee_munster

Yeah, those starbucks "been there" mugs. I haven't been to the parks in a long time, so only knew about them through blogs and sites etc. Rather than look into getting them right away i sat on it for a while and now (I think?) they are no longer available at the parks.

So, now i see them on eBay for RIDICULOUS prices. Which is really annoying because i really liked them. but there's no way i'm paying the prices on eBay.

EDIT - I rest my case (it's not even Ebay!!!)

Attachments

• starbucks.jpg
    starbucks.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 168

KBLovedDisney

Yeah, those starbucks "been there" mugs. I haven't been to the parks in a long time, so only knew about them through blogs and sites etc. Rather than look into getting them right away i sat on it for a while and now (I think?) they are no longer available at the parks.

So, now i see them on eBay for RIDICULOUS prices. Which is really annoying because i really liked them. but there's no way i'm paying the prices on eBay.

EDIT - I rest my case (it's not even Ebay!!!)
Oh holy cow! That is ridiculous.

Disstevefan1

Yes. Was a big coffee mug couple of years ago. We bought one, should've bought two. Its got some nice graphics and turns out to be a pretty high quality, durable mug. Too much of the stuff isn't very unique, and just way overpriced. I like Disney, but I just don't need to be surrounded by it at home.
Coffee mugs are a good example! They make a style and then it’s gone!I had a great mission space mug, my dachshund, who loves sticking her nose in to my mug and drinking my coffee when I am not looking did that one day and broke my beloved mission space mug! And I can’t even get mad at her 😀

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Coffee mugs are a good example! They make a style and then it’s gone!I had a great mission space mug, my dachshund, who loves sticking her nose in to my mug and drinking my coffee when I am not looking did that one day and broke my beloved mission space mug! And I can’t even get mad at her 😀
We have had a little plastic mickey mug the kids have used since they were little ..their "coffee" mug. The dog got the handle a few weeks ago, still useable but more of a tumbler.

mf1972

aboutn2 years ago there were some boxers that i liked but forgot to get them at DS. while finding them in other gift shops around the parks, i can never find my size. even when i went back to the same shop at DS. luckily i was able to get them on the shop disney app.

JIMINYCR

EVERY TRIP !! Theres been some figurines or pins or other items that I didnt buy because I thought I shouldnt spend that much or I've reached my budget limit or I'll grab it on another trip, only to find them gone. Then I'll look on Disney store site, other Disney sites, and .... nope. Not there. Of course I can find them on e-bay or other selling sites for super inflated prices and I say... Nope. So now I pretty much buy what I want when I see it and have no regrets later on... within reason.

Just a Spark!

Has anyone else ever regretted not buying something at WDW that they had eyed up at a store? Could be a shirt, a mug, a toy, anything.

For me there was a beautiful painting in the Art of Disney store in Epcot about 10 years ago that was just perfect. It was a painting showing snow whites cottage with a focus on a steaming apple pie cooling on the windowsill. Very subtle, not over the top, you might not even know it was Snow White related if it wasn't in a Disney store. Anyway I have in years since sought out that painting and never found it, still wish I had gotte

For me there was a beautiful painting in the Art of Disney store in Epcot about 10 years ago that was just perfect. It was a painting showing snow whites cottage with a focus on a steaming apple pie cooling on the windowsill. Very subtle, not over the top, you might not even know it was Snow White related if it wasn't in a Disney store. Anyway I have in years since sought out that painting and never found it, still wish I had gotten it.

Ugh! Splash Mountain Ear Hat Ornament. I saw them on ShopDisney, but didn’t buy. They have been restocked at Splash Down Photos a couple of times (not when I’m there, of course) and they’re quickly snatched up by fans 😍 and re-sellers 🤬. Technically, I can still GET one...they’re all over eBay at the low-low value price of $40-$200...but it’s hard to justify the mark-up when they’re about $20 with AP/DVC discount!

Minnesota disney fan

Yes! I used to look all over disney during our trips and make a list of things I liked, but didn't buy at the time. I always thought that all I had to do was go back to the park and buy the item. Wrong! One year I picked out a nice white hooded sweatshirt with 2013 on it and alot of nice decoration (with Mickey of course:) I waited til the last day, and I found some, BUT none in my size. After about giving up, I went bac to Epcot and to Mouse Gears and found the right size! Yea! That's when I learned my lesson, and that's when I found that wonderful store, Mouse Gears. It's been a favorite ever since. The next year, that same white sweatshirt went from $40 to 65!!!! and it was not as well made as mine. Lesson learned. Now I buy what I want when I see it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom