News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

milordsloth

I'm confused again on the splash mountain situation. This photo from the photo report makes it look like there is water on the drop?

1594153225072.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm confused again on the splash mountain situation. This photo from the photo report makes it look like there is water on the drop?

View attachment 482032
The water flowing down the drop is purely ornamental. When the log leaves the rails under the bridge it lands in a long pool. It’s forward momentum takes it through this pool where it then drops into the flume that arcs around the front. Lowering the water in the long pool reduces the size of the splash. Lower it too much though and the log will run aground.

milordsloth

The water flowing down the drop is purely ornamental. When the log leaves the rails under the bridge it lands in a long pool. It’s forward momentum takes it through this pool where it then drops into the flume that arcs around the front. Lowering the water in the long pool reduces the size of the splash.

Thanks for that clarification, that makes sense. I'm excited to ride it this weekend!

Mickey Pride

These poor attraction CMs and Janitorial. They all deserve a raise (they already did) for all
Of this extra work to clean this stuff.
I agree it is extra work but for the right reasons. I hope they will be recognized and compensated for it. It looks like Disney although they have there work cut out for them they seem to have the re bases covered so far. The big test will be coming in a few days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom