Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yeah, so when the clock starts ticking on my annual passes again I should just write the thousands of dollars off as a loss? Some people don't roll over and just accept whatever happens to them.

I bought APs last November so we could go in June this year and November. My entire family can't comply with wearing the masks due to several mental health reasons I won't go into.

But it's fine, we just won't go... Who needs money at a time like this. Please don't go into the default " if you're worried about money why go to Disney?". This is about paying for something ahead of time and then not being able to use it.
...Why did you buy annual passes 7 months before your first trip bro?

Disney Analyst

I’m just trying to figure out how Universal is going to have enough space to line everyone up prior to park opening for screenings, then in front of each park until they open... with social distancing in place.

Those are gonna be big lines, and without reservations they have no idea how many people will turn up opening day.

Polkadotdress

Who is forcing you to go? If you don't want to go then don't. Those of us who live in Florida and want to go should be allowed to. There are currently road blocks on interstates and I presume there are something at airports to prevent visitors from high case load areas.

You are making a lot of presumptions that are untrue. There are no longer checkpoints on the interstates coming into the state, and there is nothing at the airports other than a reminder that a traveler from a specific area needs to self0quarantine for 14 days...which I'm sure everyone diligently follows.

HauntedMansionFLA

I’m just trying to figure out how Universal is going to have enough space to line everyone up prior to park opening for screenings, then in front of each park until they open... with social distancing in place.

Those are gonna be big lines, and without reservations they have no idea how many people will turn up opening day.
It will be a mess. People have been lining up at the beaches and they could care less about social distancing. But it’s encouraged, not a law.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We will see. Open the country up. Enough of the scare tactics. Keep it shut down and you are going to see some suffering when the economy goes into a free fall and go right into a Great Depression. This virus was around in December through mid March when they shut down and there weren’t dead bodies stacked to the sky. The parks and Disney Springs were packed, no social distancing, no mask and the hospitals weren’t packed with patients.
Hospitals get reimbursed More money if the slap Covid19 on cause of death. It’s all about $$$$$$$$$
Go tell that to those on the cover of todays New York Times. Forum rules prevent me saying more to you.

Epcotbob

Oh, I had assumed they activated and used them last November and were hoping to use them in June and then November again this year before the 1 year point. If the AP’s have not yet been activated for the first time then there should be no problem. You can essentially sit on them for years before activating for the first time and starting the 1 year clock.

Dan Deesnee

We bought them in November last year and used them the first day that we bought them for a 10-day trip, we then planned to go back in June this year and the week prior to our APs expiring earlier in November this year.

We paid a lot of extra money to get APs instead of regular tickets.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
One parameter would be at what the park capacity is set at. That would assist in choosing what transportation to use.

15,000 is the number I've seen for initial Magic Kingdom opening. What many overlook is that Universal is a park, walk, enter situation. Disney World has orders of magnitude more complicated transportation situations. Given that the New York subway is likely what led in great part to New York being such a hot spot, Disney is in a tough situation that makes a full reopen even harder.

HauntedMansionFLA

15,000 is the number I've seen for initial Magic Kingdom opening. What many overlook is that Universal is a park, walk, enter situation. Disney World has orders of magnitude more complicated transportation situations. Given that the New York subway is likely what led in great part to New York being such a hot spot, Disney is in a tough situation that makes a full reopen even harder.
Would hosting MNSSHP be ideal with controlled ticket sales, reduced hours and plenty of entertainment be ideal for this social experiment??

BigThunderMatt

Yes I feel sorry their Governor had failed them. It’s very tragic and sad.

Cool, I'm sure you'll be first in line for the social experiment that is the theme parks reopening and the economy going back to normal like nothing happened. Let me know how that works out for you.

People are always so quick to cry fowl until it happens to them, then the sky is falling.

TrainsOfDisney

Most of the entertainment for MNSSHP is not doable with social distancing measures in place.

The hub in particular is usually packed on party nights.

Yeah pretty much everything you are paying for is not possible with distancing. Character meets, special parade and fireworks. I suppose they could still do some sort of candy trail with 6ft. Markers.

HauntedMansionFLA

Cool, I'm sure you'll be first in line for the social experiment that is the theme parks reopening and the economy going back to normal like nothing happened. Let me know how that works out for you.

People are always so quick to cry fowl until it happens to them, then the sky is falling.
Who said the economy is coming back??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom