Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

No Name

I don’t think anyone made or expects Universal to surpass Disney. Logistically, that’s a near impossibility.

Obviously. My point is just that business going into the future will be relatively fine. It’s just Wall Street that’ll maybe have a little fit for a few weeks when Universal’s parks are making money and Disney’s aren’t.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
@WDW Pro , with all due respect, I think that part of the problem with how your information is perceived, could be your delivery style.

It's not that trusted insiders can't sometimes get it wrong, happens. Generally speaking, I find them cautious and receptive to contrary opinions.

FWIW, I read and appreciate info coming from several sources, if anything, it allows for interesting discussions. Just my two cents.

HauntedMansionFLA

If Universal is open for a month or so before Disney, it’s not like they’re going to usurp the spot of number one tourist destination, or steal the whole labor market, or anything else. Disney could stick to their original plan and be relatively fine, in my opinion.
Yes. Sometimes you do the wrong thing because you react to what they did. The parks would have stayed open until the CDC put up their misguided guidelines. Even Fauci changed his tune today. But he’s been all over the place with his predicts (and always wrong)

Getachew

If Universal is open for a month or so before Disney, it’s not like they’re going to usurp the spot of number one tourist destination, or steal the whole labor market, or anything else. Disney could stick to their original plan and be relatively fine, in my opinion.

Exactly.

Agreed. If Disney opens right after 4th of July, it will be about a month after UO. The same people who claim they are upset and not coming to Disney again will be the first ones at the gates ready to enter the parks. Disney will have no problem in that regard.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I literally announced that it was Iger's initiative despite temp checks not being a successful measure due to asymptomatic carriers. I took flack for it. Then Iger was interviewed and said it was going to happen.

But you know what, I'm done. Other legit insiders on this site I've spoken with have said they're cutting way back on posting anything, and I'm joining them. Giving information for this sort of response isn't worth it. Sorry to those of you who have private messaged me support, but there's no point in this level of unmerited vitriol.

Do what you gotta do. You don't deserve to be insulted by people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Perkis

Regarding the masks, why doesn't Disney just recommend them instead of requiring them, and make guests sign a waiver before entering? The curve has been flattened so I don't really understand why they need to be mandatory for guests who don't want to wear one.
Because people who don’t wear masks are the most at risk of spreading Covid-19.

The masks aren’t particularly effective of guarding against the disease, but spreading it.

Just wear the mask. You could be asymptomatic and not know.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Regarding the masks, why doesn't Disney just recommend them instead of requiring them, and make guests sign a waiver before entering? The curve has been flattened so I don't really understand why they need to be mandatory for guests who don't want to wear one.
Universal has no problem making them mandatory. From most reports most guests at CityWalk kept them on unlike Disney Springs where many found ways to not wear them.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes

How about people wear the mask? It's not difficult and just shows how selfish you are by not wearing one.

Benjamin_Nicholas

I literally announced that it was Iger's initiative despite temp checks not being a successful measure due to asymptomatic carriers. I took flack for it. Then Iger was interviewed and said it was going to happen.

But you know what, I'm done. Other legit insiders on this site I've spoken with have said they're cutting way back on posting anything, and I'm joining them. Giving information for this sort of response isn't worth it. Sorry to those of you who have private messaged me support, but there's no point in this level of unmerited vitriol.

I mean, it's an online message board. People are going to be . They feel protection under the guise of web 'anonymity,' so they're going to be combative just for sport.

You clearly bring good info here and I am entertained/educated by it, but you've got to take the replies with a grain of salt.

People are people. If they can, they'll find ever-impressive ways to disappoint.

WDW862

This forum is filled of toxic people who want the parks to be exactly like they were in the 80s.

Insiders are the main reason I still post tbh. These entitled are ruining the very thing they love.

Getachew

You know better bob, come on;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Did I not see that SeaWorld was planning for June 1st as well? And LegoLand is also opening June 1st. So it would seem to me that everyone except Disney was on the same page.
Have we not heard anything yet from Seaworld?
That August 31 opening would be a nightmare for DVC. They already have a points issue now. Also, how could they open just MK resorts and leave other DVC resorts closed?
The nightmare is now. Anything else is just a problem.
Good for Uni. Disney shouldn’t be dragging their feet. Hopefully they reopen soon.
They aren’t dragging their feet. They’re working with the information they have that they believe is right.
If Disney's plan all along was not to open until later in August
It wasn’t. They have multiple scenarios. August is one of them.

Not everyone talks to everyone. Wires get crossed. Like @Magic Feather said a lot of this information is correct, there’s certainly some I can’t personally vouch for (for what it’s worth) since I haven’t heard it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom