WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katelynbird

I have a question about the Test Track Pre Show
It will be interesting to see if it's actually 6 feet in queues and on the rides. I watched the video on the procedurtes from Shanghai and the VP there repeated said the markings were one meter apart. They obviously weren't 6 feet. Different country, culture and set of circumstances, but that did catch my ear as he said it.
I will be surprised if they are and if they are 6' apart even with a limited capacity in the parks with everyone 6' apart that would make for some long lines.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
It will be interesting to see if it's actually 6 feet in queues and on the rides. I watched the video on the procedurtes from Shanghai and the VP there repeated said the markings were one meter apart. They obviously weren't 6 feet. Different country, culture and set of circumstances, but that did catch my ear as he said it.
WHO recommends 1 meter. CDC specifically says 6 feet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The 3ft rule is starting to be questioned in the UK, although so far it’s still 6ft.

Purduevian

Capacity will be limited everywhere and every attraction will have challenges with social distancing and capacity restrictions. I don’t think these two are particularly worse than any others.

Don’t forget soarin is already open in Shanghai. I don’t see any reason you couldn’t load the middle row. Just need to leave seats between parties.

I am not saying the park shouldn't open because of Soarin and Frozen, just seems like ride operators will have a tougher time organizing those 2 rides and capacity will be more limited.

Test Track and Mission space are easy. 1 party per car/capsule
SEE,Nemo and Journey are also easy. Leave am empty car/clam between each party.
I somehow missed living with the land, but the wider boat should allow for 1 party per row with a gap row between parties.

Frozen has similar issues to Jungle cruise, splash mountain, small world, ROTR, or any other ride Im missing with kinda middle of the road ride vehicles where 2 parties social distancing would be tight, but 1 party per vehicle would be a larger waste than the smaller vehicle rides.

Soarin will have similar issues to basically every theater show, except it is worse here because the "rows" where a family doesn't want to be split are only 10 or 11 people long, as opposed to philharmagic which can seat a ton of families in each row.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We don’t know for sure but they will most likely follow the CDC 6 foot rule over the WHO 1 meter. It seems like the lines marked on the ground at DS are pretty far apart. For rides that board in rows will it be possible to get 6 feet apart without skipping 2 rows? I don’t think so in most cases. They could just make an exception for them I guess. I still think likely Frozen loads only 2 of the 4 rows at most and if it’s a group of 4 or more just 1 group per boat. 2 groups of 3 or less could make it as well. Likely no single rider line on anything.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I will be surprised if they are and if they are 6' apart even with a limited capacity in the parks with everyone 6' apart that would make for some long lines.
I don’t know if the parks will be the same but here is the sign from Disney Springs reopening. Under maintain physical distance it says 6ft in the arrow between the people. I would expect that to be the standard for any line or ride queue unless the CDC revises the distance down.

E28FE034-AA3C-4172-A8BC-D82B10DD4057.jpeg

Bob Harlem

Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay have had new social distancing signage added yesterday/today, Universal clearly has a reopening goal in mind (Studios status is unknown). Disney I'm not sure of yet.

Water parks are interesting, because the whole face covering thing becomes a hazard there.

Katelynbird

I don’t know if the parks will be the same but here is the sign from Disney Springs reopening. Under maintain physical distance it says 6ft in the arrow between the people. I would expect that to be the standard for any line or ride queue unless the CDC revises the distance down.

View attachment 471486
Yep, I have seen that and I have also seen some of the Vloggers videos and there are definitely people who are not 6 feet apart from one another in the videos I have seen and that was just Disney Springs. The 6 feet apart thing was the part I thought all along that was going to be the hardest thing to enforce in the parks even with the limited capacity especially the way the CM's are. I truly hope it works, but I just don't know. The thing is it has to be tried out at some point. I am just wondering do I want to be one of the Guinea Pigs when it does????

Getachew

Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay have had new social distancing signage added yesterday/today, Universal clearly has a reopening goal in mind (Studios status is unknown). Disney I'm not sure of yet.

Water parks are interesting, because the whole face covering thing becomes a hazard there.

Volcano Bay? Should be interesting to see how they pull that off.

Getachew

They have to specify a date but they can still voluntarily remain closed after that date. They may get approval to open on July 1st, for example, but they may find conditions or other factors warrant they remain closed.

I see that Lauren said the theme parks "will start making" re-opening presentations tomorrow. Doesn't mean Disney will hand theirs in tomorrow. I guess we will see.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Water parks....ugh. How many times do you see someone popping out of the water and snot flies or they have a booger on their cheek....ugh, no no no to water parks. Don't even start with the swim diapers not being water tight. Even without Corona.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Water parks....ugh. How many times do you see someone popping out of the water and snot flies or they have a booger on their cheek....ugh, no no no to water parks. Don't even start with the swim diapers not being water tight. Even without Corona.
If you drink enough Corona you won't be worried about these things 🍻🍺🤪

Herdman

We don’t know for sure but they will most likely follow the CDC 6 foot rule over the WHO 1 meter. It seems like the lines marked on the ground at DS are pretty far apart. For rides that board in rows will it be possible to get 6 feet apart without skipping 2 rows? I don’t think so in most cases. They could just make an exception for them I guess. I still think likely Frozen loads only 2 of the 4 rows at most and if it’s a group of 4 or more just 1 group per boat. 2 groups of 3 or less could make it as well. Likely no single rider line on anything.
Yeah it will be interesting to see if the rules are different for the parks over DS, and even if they will vary from ride to ride. If they go to more virtual queues that will limit the lines aspect of social distancing also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom