Rumor: Jungle Book Boat Ride at Animal Kingdom

Giss Neric

It's a twofer. "Fix" Kali with new Jungle Book scenes, etc. And add that all important IP mandate into the park that should have had a Jungle Book ride from day 1. Granted, a darkride or something would be better but you got a perfectly good (ok it's terrible) rapids ride in need of a new story what with half of the effects being turned off. It's nearly a blank slate. But I fear this is blasphemous armchair... :cautious:

In any case; I look forward to the day when I can see animatronic Jungle Book characters.
Kali is too short. I think one of the shortest of that type of ride. Also you barely get wet. I want a longer ride.

I noticed Disney water rides do not drench guests unlike other parks where they don't care if you get drenched. Just a bit wet is boring.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
There was a proposal for a JB ride using the Shanghai tech. But like I said it was deemed too expensive for Orlando.

Sigh. What isn't too expensive for Orlando?
images

;)

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
There was a proposal for a JB ride using the Shanghai tech. But like I said it was deemed too expensive for Orlando.
Dang that really stinks. So we might get a Kali overlay with the Jungle Book instead? I wonder if Disney will us the Shanghai tech for a Indy boat ride at Hollywood Studios.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Kali is too short. I think one of the shortest of that type of ride. Also you barely get wet. I want a longer ride.

I noticed Disney water rides do not drench guests unlike other parks where they don't care if you get drenched. Just a bit wet is boring.

Could it not be expanded as part of it's hypothetical transformation? If Kali to Jungle Book means extra rapids track and better soakage I'd be all for it.

Last edited:

Moka

I remember going during the summer because we had a vacation booked for MK after hours last year, and we decided to visit Animal kingdom one of the days since we booked FP for the parks the days not at MK. Once we got to Kali, I felt god awful for the people waiting HOURS and HOURS daily in the summer heat, just to likely be disappointed. We don’t mind even getting on in the winter considering how you don’t get wet lol.

graphite1326

Giss Neric

That was also a consideration but again budget prohibitive. Even more so now.
So basically that Shanghai Pirates ride systems where it can go forward, sideways and backwards is really being considered. It's just which IP fits it more and the budget.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
God forbid a U.S Disney park get the good stuff. What the hell is wrong with TDO?

Besides Shanghai PotC, what ride tech is domestic Disney Parks missing?

Domestic Disney is getting Ratatouille and TRON. Domestic Disney is getting the LPS rides: MMRR, RotR, Rat, the rumored black box.

Domestic Disney will have the turn-on-command coaster of Guardians. Domestic Disney has the best flying audience system in FoP.

Domestic Disney has the best Toy Story Land, two SWLs, and Pandora.

Are you just blindly lashing out again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom