Rumor: Jungle Book Boat Ride at Animal Kingdom

Raineman

If it's true, and it designed to it's full potential, this could be a very good thing. The ride time would need to be fairly substantial, IMO, ie longer than NRJ, and keep the same balance of AAs/physical set pieces and screens that Pirates in Shanghai seems to. Given the financial position that Disney is in due to the pandemic, and given some of the recent attractions built, I doubt that Imagineering would get the full $$ they need to make it as good as it can be, but who knows at this point, especially if the attraction ends up being 4 years away.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
If it's true, and it designed to it's full potential, this could be a very good thing. The ride time would need to be fairly substantial, IMO, ie longer than NRJ, and keep the same balance of AAs/physical set pieces and screens that Pirates in Shanghai seems to. Given the financial position that Disney is in due to the pandemic, and given some of the recent attractions built, I doubt that Imagineering would get the full $$ they need to make it as good as it can be, but who knows at this point, especially if the attraction ends up being 4 years away.
I agree this ride has a lot of potential to be truly amazing. Seeing a giant King Louie AA would be awesome!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How is Stella’s/Theme Park Stop’s creditability on the Disney side? I’m familiar with her universal reporting.

@marni1971 any comment?

This would be great if happens.

EDIT: Really skeptical but would love for it to happen.
Pass. Given the current situation I’m not asking anyone about anything. If they want to talk then great, but I’m sure they’ve others things to be concerned about.

One plus point is that it aligns with a planned capex release for the park. Another plus point is the number is roughly the same. One the minus side I was told the ride system was deemed too expensive for Orlando (obviously things can and do change). And obviously another minus is the current situation regarding money.

I’ll see what’s floating when the dust settles.

Edit. I noticed the date of that piece. Five months ago.

Surferboy567

Pass. Given the current situation I’m not asking anyone about anything. If they want to talk then great, but I’m sure they’ve others things to be concerned about.

One plus point is that it aligns with a planned capex release for the park. Another plus point is the number is roughly the same. One the minus side I was told the ride system was deemed too expensive for Orlando (obviously things can and do change). And obviously another minus is the current situation regarding money.

I’ll see what’s floating when the dust settles.

Edit. I noticed the date of that piece. Five months ago.

Same here I didn’t notice the date till it was too late. Besides they still have the EPCOT crater to fix.

JIMINYCR

The sad thing is that a Jungle Book attraction should have been imagineered long ago and would have been a perfect attraction to have fit into AK when it was first opened. It has plenty of interesting animals that guests would have connected with and fun elements to tie it into a park devoted to animals and conservation.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It's a twofer. "Fix" Kali with new Jungle Book scenes, etc. And add that all important IP mandate into the park that should have had a Jungle Book ride from day 1. Granted, a darkride or something would be better but you got a perfectly good (ok it's terrible) rapids ride in need of a new story what with half of the effects being turned off. It's nearly a blank slate. But I fear this is blasphemous armchair... :cautious:

In any case; I look forward to the day when I can see animatronic Jungle Book characters.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom