News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

HauntedMansionFLA

It could also be a piece of the puzzle to removing or at least downsizing World Showplace.

Also, more revenue means more potential money for new pavilions/attractions.
You have to make money to spend it. Hopefully these two attraction will keep Epcot healthy for years to come.

ThistleMae

I'll be there on Wednesday the 29th. I'm just glad I get to ride it before the changes take place. I got to ride the Great Movie Ride, the last year before it closed. I love SE. Do we know if they are refurbishing or changing it completely?

Dragonman

I'll be there on Wednesday the 29th. I'm just glad I get to ride it before the changes take place. I got to ride the Great Movie Ride, the last year before it closed. I love SE. Do we know if they are refurbishing or changing it completely?

What we know so far:
-Attraction will shift focus from communication to storytelling and will be narrated by a “story light” (most likely a projection effect)
-Everything up to the industrial revolution is being kept
-Space station might hopefully be utilized in some sort possibly
-Annoying vehicle screens and black curtains during decent might be removed and physical scenes might return
-Animatronics may be upgraded
-Back of pavilion will be removed/reworked into new queue/post-show

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

No. Against forum rules. More people don't follow group think than is apparent. Many lurk and let the few free thinkers take the darts 🎯

Helps to have tough skin.
I don’t know why they would think that. Like you said, against the rules. I love having a free, open mind that’s excited about the future. It’s nice to remember the past but those are just memories. Epcot will be back to near tip top shape come 2022. There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of each day. 🥰😍

HauntedMansionFLA

The more it keeps getting pushed makes me believe they will turn it into The Great Disney Movie Ride, full of IP’s. Any thoughts @jt04 ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom