Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

The_Jobu

You don’t have to believe me. But that doesn’t make you right. You also still haven’t answered my very simple question.

Cast being sent home or struggling for hours due to low attendance is definitely a thing. When things are slower staffing levels are lower. Nobody is disputing that. When demand does not require full capacity at certain attractions capacity can is reduced. Nobody is disputing that either. It’s also nothing new and not related to fastpass or fastpass+. It has been the case for decades.

However like I said, it’s not used the way you think it’s used. Yes, the company tolerates low waits at reduced capacity. But if you’re waiting anything significant (30+ minutes) you can be assured they are not intentionally running at lower capacity.

We just have a fundamental disconnect. You're sharing your observations, though I give more credence to the observations and conclusions of other employees. Happens all the time on the internet. It's nice we have a forum to discuss these things. Cheers.

As for MMRR, I hope they say how the queue will work because it's playing havoc with my touringplans schedule (which is of course the most important issue here).

Rich Brownn

Space Mountain on a Saturday, posted wait time 50 minutes and actual was 90 minutes. When you got to load half the training were running.
By half do you mean only one side? Because if you're going by the load platform the second load is only used when there has been a backup from unload and they need to dispatch two quickly to make room (there would be a gap between seatbelt and dispatch if that's true). Otherwise, no, thats not half capacity. If there's a train at dispatch, seatbelt check and load, its running at max.

peter11435

We just have a fundamental disconnect. You're sharing your observations, though I give more credence to the observations and conclusions of other employees. Happens all the time on the internet. It's nice we have a forum to discuss these things. Cheers.

As for MMRR, I hope they say how the queue will work because it's playing havoc with my touringplans schedule (which is of course the most important issue here).
My statements are not based on observations. I’m not telling you what I’ve observed. I’m telling you how things are.

The_Jobu

My statements are not based on observations. I’m not telling you what I’ve observed. I’m telling you how things are.

It's all good.

Assuming this opens like Smugglers, what would wait time be if you ran right to it at rope drop? How long was the wait for FoP when it first opened right at rope drop?

rowrbazzle

Thunder Mountain opens with only one side loading at times. Speedway does the same, sometimes not even all of one side. Primeval Whirl moves to one side operating on some afternoons. Dinosaur doesn't open with the rest of the park on many days... I guess these are "observations," but they seem pretty consistent.

peter11435

Thunder Mountain opens with only one side loading at times. Speedway does the same, sometimes not even all of one side. Primeval Whirl moves to one side operating on some afternoons. Dinosaur doesn't open with the rest of the park on many days... I guess these are "observations," but they seem pretty consistent.
All true statements. And I have acknowledged that this happens. They open the second side as demand starts to pick up. I’ve never disputed that. But you aren’t waiting 60 minutes in line at that point.

RSoxNo1

You don’t understand the procedure. Which is understandable since you clearly are basing your statements on second and third hand information.

Sure attractions do sometimes run at reduced capacity based on low attendance. This has been happening for 4 decades. It’s nothing new. But if the demand is there for added capacity they are not artificially creating long waits and leaving that added capacity unutilized. That’s not to say that sometimes guests aren’t waiting 10-15 minutes for something that could be a walk on. So yes short waits are accepted. But you’re never waiting much more than that while an attraction is intentional running at reduced capacity.
@lentesta - care to weigh in here on Disney creating artificially long waits? I believe it was January 2019 or January 2018 that you had some eye opening data?

Rich Brownn

As in one loading "section" open on each side.
Then thats normal capacity. The only time they load two trains at once is a "catchup" where they had a delay with trains coming up from unload, and there's a gap in front of load one. Otherwise it should be an empty train in load two, moving to load one (actual load), as he rest move to seatbelt check, and then dispatch. So, no, thats not running at half capacity.

rowrbazzle

I used 60 as a reference not as a standard.

Ah, okay. How about 45 or 50? I've seen Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur at those levels with lowered capacity in the evenings. Dinosaur closing before the rest of the park doesn't help either. Both seem to be examples of adjusting capacity in a predictive fashion (or a pre-set policy?) rather than based on the demands at the time resulting in longer waits.

peter11435

Ah, okay. How about 45 or 50? I've seen Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur at those levels with lowered capacity in the evenings. Dinosaur closing before the rest of the park doesn't help either. Both seem to be examples of adjusting capacity in a predictive fashion (or a pre-set policy?) rather than based on the demands at the time resulting in longer waits.
I’ve already stated that capacity is adjusted in a predicted fashion. I’ve never disputed that. Did you actually wait in that 45-50 minute line at the end of the night. Do you know for certain why the other side was not being utilized?

dreamscometrue

I'll be at WDW the day MMRR is scheduled to open. Although I've been to WDW many times, I've never been for a major attraction opening (although we did Rise a week after opening with the boarding group thing). Since it's unlikely there will be FP+ for opening day and they probably won't do boarding groups like RotR, can anyone suggest a reasonable time to get to ride MMRR during opening morning?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'll be at WDW the day MMRR is scheduled to open. Although I've been to WDW many times, I've never been for a major attraction opening (although we did Rise a week after opening with the boarding group thing). Since it's unlikely there will be FP+ for opening day and they probably won't do boarding groups like RotR, can anyone suggest a reasonable time to get to ride MMRR during opening morning?

If it's just open standby, ropedrop is your best bet. To only be in line for only 2 hours rather than four. Get to the gate 90 minutes before opening.

If they use BGs, then you only need to be there 30 minutes before opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom