Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

tribbleorlfl

Wow, so the videos pretty much confirm my expectations for this ride (and then some). Looks great.

Two quick questions. First, has anyone seen any videos that captured the "mid air" 3-d laser blast technology in the patent? Seeing the holes and Sparks on the walls is cool and all, but I haven't seen the blasts in action yet.

Second, how sung are the RV's, both horizontally and vertically for knee space? The seat belt looks pretty much the same as MFSR and Star Tours, I just want to make sure uh....larger guests will still be able to ride.

totchos

The smallest details make all the difference. In the interrogation room, the shadow they added (circled in white) to accompany the stormtrooper/general hux makes it seem much more real.
F7968C64-ED27-4712-91E1-FAA205A56EBA.jpeg

themarchhare

I imagine "Harry who" is the latest buzz phrase around the execs.
For good reason too.

While I haven't been on Shanghai Pirates, I have done the rest of the "best rides in the world" (Mystic Manor, Flight of Passage, all three HP attractions, etc.) and while they range from INCREDIBLE (Mystic Manor) to pretty good (Forbidden Journey) none of them even hold a candle to this.

Animaniac93-98

FP eventually yes. Single Rider no.

I can't imagine how Single Ride would work. You need the build up to understand what is happening in the ride.

Unless they make a joke out of it where you think you're skipping the line, only to get captured in a different way by the First Order.

"Thought you could find a quicker way to escape undetected, eh? You Rebel Resistance Scum aren't very clever, are you?"

Animaniac93-98

For good reason too.

While I haven't been on Shanghai Pirates, I have done the rest of the "best rides in the world" (Mystic Manor, Flight of Passage, all three HP attractions, etc.) and while they range from INCREDIBLE (Mystic Manor) to pretty good (Forbidden Journey) none of them even hold a candle to this.

I think the on ride portion of Mystic Manor is better, but the whole experience with multiple shows before the ride is what tops it here.

MM has a pre-show (that I honestly had no idea existed until I saw it in person), but it's more on par with the HM stretching room.

themarchhare

I think the on ride portion of Mystic Manor is better, but the whole experience with multiple shows before the ride is what tops it here.

MM has a pre-show (that I honestly had no idea existed until I saw it in person), but it's more on par with the HM stretching room.
Adore MM on-ride, but the tech and scope of this is just on another plane of existence. I can't believe they pulled this off.

totchos

For good reason too.

I agree. While the HP rides and FOP are awesome, they don't compare to this. I think its just the scale and the complexity of it all thats mind boggling.

*On a side note* The scene where Kylo is almost sucked out of the ship before the drop shaft is incredible. The movements and the difference in the scene from one moment to the next is crazy.

themarchhare

I agree. While the HP rides and FOP are awesome, they don't compare to this. I think its just the scale and the complexity of it all thats mind boggling.

*On a side note* The scene where Kylo is almost sucked out of the ship before the drop shaft is incredible. The movements and the difference in the scene from one moment to the next is crazy.

I REALLY hope they use air effects there because yes, I was blown away by seeing that in video too.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wow, so the videos pretty much confirm my expectations for this ride (and then some). Looks great.

Two quick questions. First, has anyone seen any videos that captured the "mid air" 3-d laser blast technology in the patent? Seeing the holes and Sparks on the walls is cool and all, but I haven't seen the blasts in action yet.

Second, how sung are the RV's, both horizontally and vertically for knee space? The seat belt looks pretty much the same as MFSR and Star Tours, I just want to make sure uh....larger guests will still be able to ride.

Was there ever conformation that the tech in that patent was actually used in the ride? The laser fired by the walkers appear to either by a light in the ceiling or projection mapping.

1575478697292.png

totchos

I REALLY hope they use air effects there because yes, I was blown away by seeing that in video too.
The hair of the passenger in front of the camera man was being blown around from some wind. Not sure if it was that or just the movement of the vehicle.

*Update* Watching another video, there is definitely an air effect when the wall is blown out. The Attractions Magazine full ride through at around 3:05 shows it.

CinematicFusion

Nobody will hate the ride...it's a great ride.
People might wish other characters were in the story but that's it.

I wish Disney would have created two versions of Batuu showing the age of the land and how long it’s been around.
1. Disneyland could have gotten OT Batuu with Han Solo owning the Falcon and the Escape from the Death Star ride.
2. Disneyworld gets NT Batuu as we see today.
That would have been awesome. Everybody would be happy.
I can dream...

RobWDW1971

Amazing! Thought the pacing and diversity of scenes/effects were tremendous. The music, effects, action, story, all great and the entire experience is undeniably Star Wars. Now THAT is an attraction. Can't wait to ride it in person if that is what it feels like watching a video.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom