Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

mergatroid

Looks amazing and there'll be a few absolutely gutted on here. Looks like they've taken attractions to the next level, storytelling, emotion, action, thrills, Star Wars music and immersion, it's got everything.

I know some will hate it and spend days posting their reasons which is fine, but it appears to have answered and exceeded many people's expectations. Look like Disney's built themselves a real game changer here folks :cool:

jrhwdw

Can't believe that we had POV Vids as early as 5:30AM CST!!! I didn't watch any because I'm waiting for Streams(PLEASE let ROTR have Cell Signal!! LOL!)did the same for Falcon on SWGE's Opening Day on Both Coasts. I was shocked that the full POV from DL Experience was only 4 Mins! Where did the buzz about ROTR being 15 mins come from?? Just bad info/rumors? Do we think that people will not be happy since its not a full 15mins? Thankfully I have not seen that yet. NPH spoke highly of it last night, Josh Gad and Spokes, A streamer I follow had praise today, HOPEFULLY this continues!!

CinematicFusion

Looks amazing and there'll be a few absolutely gutted on here. Looks like they've taken attractions to the next level, storytelling, emotion, action, thrills, Star Wars music and immersion, it's got everything.

I know some will hate it and spend days posting their reasons which is fine, but it appears to have answered and exceeded many people's expectations. Look like Disney's built themselves a real game changer here folks :cool:

Nobody will hate the ride...it's a great ride.
People might wish other characters were in the story but that's it.

the_rich

Can't believe that we had POV Vids as early as 5:30AM CST!!! I didn't watch any because I'm waiting for Streams(PLEASE let ROTR have Cell Signal!! LOL!)did the same for Falcon on SWGE's Opening Day on Both Coasts. I was shocked that the full POV firm DL Experience was only 4 Mins! Where did the buzz about ROTR being 15 mins come from?? Just bad info/rumors? Do we think that people will not be happy since its not a full 15mins? Thankfully I have not seen that yet. NPH spoke highly of it last night, Josh Gad and Spokes, A streamer I follow had praise today, HOPEFULLY this continues!!
The full experience is 18 minutes, the time you are in the ride vehicle is 4 1/2 minutes.

Surferboy567

Can't believe that we had POV Vids as early as 5:30AM CST!!! I didn't watch any because I'm waiting for Streams(PLEASE let ROTR have Cell Signal!! LOL!)did the same for Falcon on SWGE's Opening Day on Both Coasts. I was shocked that the full POV firm DL Experience was only 4 Mins! Where did the buzz about ROTR being 15 mins come from?? Just bad info/rumors? Do we think that people will not be happy since its not a full 15mins? Thankfully I have not seen that yet. NPH spoke highly of it last night, Josh Gad and Spokes, A streamer I follow had praise today, HOPEFULLY this continues!!
It’s actually 18 minutes long...the queue has a couple of parts in it that qualify as attractions!

Animaniac93-98

Ah yes because the highly detailed AA John Boyega and Domhnall Gleeson were both in the OT... :rolleyes:

Keep shoveling that narrative...

How hard would it be to put a helmet on John Boyega?

I'm not saying it will happen, but the comparison to HMH is totally realistic. We're talking about changing costumes, head pieces and projections, not tearing the whole thing down or altering the layout. HMH arguably does more than that because EVERY scene has its visuals and audio changed.

SWGalaxysEdge

Finn AA spotted - circled.

1575476807271.png

jrhwdw

The full experience is 18 minutes, the time you are in the ride vehicle is 4 1/2 minutes.
It’s actually 18 minutes long...the queue has a couple of parts in it that qualify as attractions!
Thanks! Yesterday was my first time in this thread. So Obviously I wasn't following as closely as I should!

I'm gussing there won't be FP+ or single rider queues since it might bypass the Attraction-like things in the standby queue?

themarchhare

Just a personal observation - having watched a few of the videos, in one, the people riding have no reactions throughout the ride, except for the drop they are basically silent. In a couple of others - they have lots of shots of the people in the vehicle, smiling and clapping and pointing and laughing. It almost seemed staged. I suppose for the general public it will be somewhere in between. I was curious if people would spontaneously burst into applause at the end such as we see frequently at Soaring.

From much of the reactions I've seen on Twitter, people are kind of in shock. They're giddy inside because they're blown away by what they're seeing.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Your 10 year old son said this?

Yes, he did.

Most kids are also not huge collectors

Fine, maybe not a collector in the sense of going to conventions, etc. and buying rare figures and such. But he collected the new action figures for a few years, wanting every one that came out. But for the past couple of years he doesn't really want them, not because he doesn't want the figures anymore, but because he thinks the new ones are junk. And he's disappointed in that fact because there's a few characters from TLJ and Solo he doesn't have.

As far as other merch, we got a bunch of light sabers around TFA and Rogue One - but now we are saturated on those and don't feel the need to buy any more. How many light sabers does a family need? We practically have enough to stage our own battle of Geonosis...

mikejs78

Premium Member
When they finally break away from the new trilogy and bring in the OT, it’ll feel complete. I’m saying “when,” not “if,” based on the sentiments building within the company—but it’s still a matter of hope, not fact.

Ironically, I hate the new movies and love this attraction just based on ride-through videos. Star Wars is 75% atmosphere, and this ride nails it.

As for DHS: ROTR is a phenomenal addition to the park’s lineup. But incredibly, people are still worried about its impact in DL. Maybe the whole land should’ve been built in DCA. It’s too late for that now.
I kind of thought it was a weird fit for DL from the beginning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom