Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Indeed, he wanted the verisimilitude of "really being in the land" to such a degree, that anything that would normally be hand-waved as really being a theme park was, in effect, false advertising (sorry garbage cans everywhere, you're breaking immersion!!).

So, if you couldn't actually go up a ramp into the MF, then you weren't really in a Star Wars Land. That the MF was a replica and the Smuggler's Run ride had the MF flying in on a screen and made it only seem like you're entering it from the docking port, without going up that ramp, WAS A LIE!!!!

And the points about ADA compliance and the low PPH of a MF walk-through, and how the exterior of the MF (even in the movies) was not to scale to the interior shots didn't matter.

And he would not shut up about it.
I love you too

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

erasure fan1

But remember, none of that matters because at precious Wizarding World, you can meet... the train conductor... and the Knight Bus driver... and no one else.
Wizarding world gets a pass because it's some of the most iconic Potter locations. I don't really care, but my wife would go nuts for a Valdomort or Dumbledore meet and greet... So in that respect I hear some of the same complaints. But every Potter fan I know who has gone to Wizarding world, are so engrossed in the iconic visuals of the land, that it doesn't really bother them. NO ONE has that attachment to black spire yet. You can call it "precious", and you are right, to Potter fans it is.

Last edited:

Mike S

Wizarding world gets a pass because it's some of the most iconic Potter locations. I don't really care, but my wife would go nuts for a Valdomort or Dumbledore meet and greet... So in that respect I hear some of the same complaints. But every Potter fan I know who has gone to Wizarding world, are engrossed in the iconic visuals of the land, it doesn't really bother them. NO ONE has that attachment to black spire yet. You can call it "precious", and you are right, to Potter fans it is.
Even then in his list I only cared for Chewie and the Stormtroopers.

The_Jobu

To be fair my interest in the Stormtroopers was trying to get a response from them like they did with other guests.

I never got one 😞

Chewie also only cares about kids 😒

Do the stormtroopers have pre-recorded lines, or just a voice changer built into their helmets?

Purduevian

How do they select the lines? This is like the talking Mickeys all over again. I dont trust them...

Spoiler is not safe for magic if anyone doesn't want to know how it is done.
I've heard there is some fancy software in their gloves. Based on hand movements, certain phrases will be said. Pointing with 1 or 2 fingers or waving their hand, ect.

mellyf

Wizarding world gets a pass because it's some of the most iconic Potter locations. I don't really care, but my wife would go nuts for a Valdomort or Dumbledore meet and greet... So in that respect I hear some of the same complaints. But every Potter fan I know who has gone to Wizarding world, are engrossed in the iconic visuals of the land, it doesn't really bother them. NO ONE has that attachment to black spire yet. You can call it "precious", and you are right, to Potter fans it is.

When the last few movies were coming out (and having midnight openings), a friend of mine and her family would dress up as different characters for the event. Her husband was an amazing Voldemort, and she told me there were always many people who wanted their picture taken with him. Yes, I think meet & greets would be very popular.

Jones14

I was only introduced to him in the ride but I wouldn’t mind seeing him around.
I liked the faux public service announcement he did for the grand opening up on that balcony. Trot him out once an hour to do that speech and that’s 1) more alien activity, 2) more kinetic energy, and 3) more music, since I believe he is played on and off by the theme Williams wrote for the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom