No outside food, strollers or scooters can be delivered to Disney Resorts?

Disney.Mike

Because when you have everything planned out like I do , it snowballs and ruins the whole day. It does not matter apparently I am the only person mad. I just pretty much cried my eyes out because a years worth of work and worry is down the drain. It makes me angry that my Dad now feels like he has ruined our trip when he did nothing Disney did it. I also have a little time picked but if you think they will show up in that little drop down time, I have a bridge I could sell you.

I think you have bigger problems than the scooter issue.

Maybe counseling will help you

stratman50th

Your poor dad is probably feeling like it's his fault your vacation will be ruined. I'm guessing you have been pitching such a fit he want's to wash his hands of it. If you're this bad now what's going to happen if one of your micro plans goes down the toilet while your there? What if the monorail goes down on the beam? Happened to me. What if something puts you behind on one of your perfectly timed FP times? I bet you'll be a ton of fun for 9 days. My mom was the biggest Disney fans there was. Loved nothing better than being there with her family. Pancreatic cancer got her and there will be no more trips. Chill out a bit and enjoy what you can while you can. You can make this work out if you really want to. Just might have to alter your plans some. Not the end of the world. I'm amazed how kind all the people on this thread have been. This is a you problem. Figure it out.

eliza61nyc

It is because I micro plan, everything effects something else, and no to go to Disney it literally takes us a whole year to pay off the trip, I am going to stay with him, but I already see the nightmare , missed fast passes taking 2 hours to find the family, if the hand not let me sit there for 10 months thinking it was going to work like usual I would have planned around it. i just can not figure out how to keep all the fastpasses and ADR's running like clockwork like they have to and Im upset.
Ok so first take a deep breathe. You are stressing over a very minor change and that probably is stressing out the rest of the family.

Next, here is the solution to finding family. Let me say this method is tried and true. I did it for a family reunion in 2017 with 17 family members.
1) ensure everyone has working cell phones.
2) make sure two other folks have copies of the days plan. If you micromanage them I'm sure you know the schedule of the day.
3) when you get to your resort you will probably have an idea of when the scooter will be delivered, again this is very easy. The company will give you a window close to your arrival time
4) tell family that is going to park to meet at a designated area at designated time. Again you know your fast pass times so this should be easy.
5) cell phone other party when Dad and you get on the way to the park.
6) cell phone again once you are through the turnstile.
7) meet other people.

This worked for a family of 17 with all different schedules and arrival times. It worked each day and we had dinner together every night.

Again at most you are missing two rides and unless they are deliberately trying to lose you it will not take hours to find family. 🤔

SAV

taking 2 hours to find the family

I dunno...a quick text. "We're at Haunted Mansion waiting for you" would get it done a lot quicker than 2 hours. Or better yet, "We're on the monorail, so meet us up front at the bench with Walt and Mickey". Then the family could be reunited even quicker and on to your perfect planned day. Or if they are in a line that would give you and pops plenty of time to get to where they are and not impact their day if that would worry you.

Again, it's a change from what you have done, but not anything to ruin a years worth of planning. Let alone getting your elderly father so upset he is now feeling he is a burden.

I'd say that you are a very lucky person that none of your prior trips have ever had anything go wrong with them and this could be the first time something didn't go according to your perfect micro plan. We've had to adjust something every trip we've ever taken. Because things happen.

eliza61nyc

I dunno...a quick text. "We're at Haunted Mansion waiting for you" would get it done a lot quicker than 2 hours. Or better yet, "We're on the monorail, so meet us up front at the bench with Walt and Mickey". Then the family could be reunited even quicker and on to your perfect planned day. Or if they are in a line that would give you and pops plenty of time to get to where they are and not impact their day if that would worry you.

Again, it's a change from what you have done, but not anything to ruin a years worth of planning. Let alone getting your elderly father so upset he is now feeling he is a burden.

I'd say that you are a very lucky person that none of your prior trips have ever had anything go wrong with them and this could be the first time something didn't go according to your perfect micro plan. We've had to adjust something every trip we've ever taken. Because things happen.
Lol, I was in Greece 10 days ago, flight home got cancelled until the next day. Can only imagine how op would have handled that

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster

I know I am selfish because I want the only 9 days I have off the whole entire year to go as planned, I should not blame Disney for their greed one bit. Maybe if You worked 12 hour shifts with no breaks, I get no Holidays off, I work for a 24/7 company so I want those 9 days the way I spent planning, and yes, I try the meet me at so in so place at so in so time, and something always happens and in my family when things happen it's not Disney who gets blamed it's my fault, I messed it up I somehow did it on purpose. I still hear about our flight being late from five years ago and how we almost missed our connecting flight .

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I know I am selfish because I want the only 9 days I have off the whole entire year to go as planned, I should not blame Disney for their greed one bit. Maybe if You worked 12 hour shifts with no breaks, I get no Holidays off, I work for a 24/7 company so I want those 9 days the way I spent planning, and yes, I try the meet me at so in so place at so in so time, and something always happens and in my family when things happen it's not Disney who gets blamed it's my fault, I messed it up I somehow did it on purpose. I still hear about our flight being late from five years ago and how we almost missed our connecting flight .

You said it not us.
You chose to work at a place like that.
Sounds like your family members aren't the greatest either.
Not sure why you'd even go.
Maybe plan a trip for just your immediate family and stop worrying about anyone else.
Also micro planning is really the issue.
Stop micro planning because we all know the best laid plans of mice and men...
My family can't plan anything out in that much detail because something always happens so if we did we would have a terrible time.
Last time the entire family went my one niece ended up getting scarlet fever so plans needed to be changed but because we didn't micro manage every minute of every day it all worked out fine.
I mean heck even just today I was supposed to go get pumpkins from our farm and we get down there and finish closing the pool and realized we had no clippers. Oh well we are just going back down another day.
We didn't plan for that but we also weren't twisted in knots about it.

eliza61nyc

Old Yiddish proverb " man plans, God laughs".
I started my career in an oil refinery. 12 hour shifts, 24/7 out in the elements.
Everyone does what they have too
There are no foolproof plans.
You actually might enjoy yourself if you dial back the unrealistic expectations.
And no way would I let my family guilt me into this much stress. Maybe it's time to travel without the extra baggage.

stratman50th

Old Yiddish proverb " man plans, God laughs".
I started my career in an oil refinery. 12 hour shifts, 24/7 out in the elements.
Everyone does what they have too
There are no foolproof plans.
You actually might enjoy yourself if you dial back the unrealistic expectations.
And no way would I let my family guilt me into this much stress. Maybe it's time to travel without the extra baggage.
Yeah, I laugh too. I was a cop for 20 years. I had 3 Christmases off during that time. I would have liked some weekends and holidays off, but it was the job. You did what you did and didn't whine about it. My brother in law was a cop too. Christmas would be on the 22nd one year and the 20th the next. You dealt with it and moved on. So I don't take these cry me a river posts as serious as the OP. But my wife read over my shoulder and gave me a pat on the head for being as nice as I've been. LOL

Club Cooloholic

It is because I micro plan, everything effects something else, and no to go to Disney it literally takes us a whole year to pay off the trip, I am going to stay with him, but I already see the nightmare , missed fast passes taking 2 hours to find the family, if the hand not let me sit there for 10 months thinking it was going to work like usual I would have planned around it. i just can not figure out how to keep all the fastpasses and ADR's running like clockwork like they have to and Im upset.
I used to micro plan. Have you been to Disney before? Has your father? I am guessing yes! So relax, see what you see. This last trip I had it all planned out. But my mother in law and daughter both wanted to sleep an extra hour. I adjusted. Hey lightening storm just shut down Tower of Terror? Oh well I rode it before, missing it this trip is not world ending, I will survive...this happened countless times learn to go with the flow, and not fight the current. Your family will be happier and you will probably be healthier for it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yeah, I laugh too. I was a cop for 20 years. I had 3 Christmases off during that time. I would have liked some weekends and holidays off, but it was the job. You did what you did and didn't whine about it. My brother in law was a cop too. Christmas would be on the 22nd one year and the 20th the next. You dealt with it and moved on. So I don't take these cry me a river posts as serious as the OP. But my wife read over my shoulder and gave me a pat on the head for being as nice as I've been. LOL
Yeah my mom is a retired registered nurse who worked for 40 years in a hospital so she worked many holidays.
My mom also was a patient one Christmas when I was 3.
She also worked where her mother, father, and aunt passed away.
We all have our troubles ya know?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

I'm so sorry your family makes you feel like that. That's rough.

There's this quote by one of the guys that founded Patagonia it's my favorite quote: it's not an adventure until something goes wrong.

Maybe stop "taking trips" and embrace the adventure instead ❤️

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Thank you for changing your holidays around to protect those celebrating with their families.

Club Cooloholic

I'm so sorry your family makes you feel like that. That's rough.

There's this quote by one of the guys that founded Patagonia it's my favorite quote: it's not an adventure until something goes wrong.

Maybe stop "taking trips" and embrace the adventure instead ❤
I like John Lennon's " life is what happens while you are busy making other plans "
Maybe skip this disney stuff for an all inclusive, or a cruise!

Last edited:

Disney.Mike

So stop going on trips with them. At this point you're just sounding crazy

Much-Pixie-Dust

Clearly, you work very hard to make a perfect trip for your family. Tell them to plan it if they can anticipate a flight delay. They should appreciate your efforts more.

I am very sorry these changes are effecting you and your family. Your dad won’t be around forever, trust me I know, so think about using the wait time as a chance to connect and have some memorable conversations. Sometimes perfection is found in what we perceive as the imperfections.

I don’t know where you work, but take a lunch break. Self-Care is essential to health and well-being. Everybody deserves and is entitled to lunch and a bathroom break.

I hope you can move forward and find some joy in this trip.

Janir

You won't have to wait around for hours. People stop making " much Ado about" nothing. We did this last August for a wheelchair we needed, we simply coordinated our arrival time with the company. We made it 30 minutes later than our time and was there to get it when he arrived.
Cell phones make it ridiculously easy.
A fresh voice of reason... :)

Janir

Well , what is has done is changed a trip for 5 people into a trip 2 for people, so Disney has forever lost 3 customers as my Dad does not to ruin the trip for my daughter by making her give up park time to wait on a mobility device for him. I know that the thought process for Disney was force people to rent from Disney, and if that is the case the need to provide scooter rentals all the resorts with scooters that can be rented for length of stay. We do not get long trips 1 trip a year for 9 days is it, and my Dad does not us wasting 2 of those days because he can't walk long distances and get get the mobility device he needs in a timely manor. No matter how well you plan you are going to lose at least 2 hours of park time each on the first and last days.

Gonna have to be explicit here I can see...
ScooterBug will be the preferred vendor for ECV/Stroller rentals if you want Guest Services to handle the delivery and returns for you.
https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/09/scooterbug-becomes-walt-disney-worlds.html?m=1

Link to Scooterbug for convenience.

If you don't want Scooterbug people are free to contract and coordinate with whomever they prefer but Guest Services will not do it for you.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom