News Another Drunk Banned for Life

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
We don't need to put the onus on the CM's or technology.
Alcohol is the problem. Ban it from the parks.

If guests absolutely cannot go a few days without drinking, then they should go get wasted in their hotel. And as an aside, they have a serious problem and should seek help.

The bolded part is the problem. Stop acting like people are being held against their will when it comes to alcohol. It's not the problem. It's the people who need to drink more than they should.

Lilofan

Among my jobs in my younger years, I was a barback. When the tipsy turvy customers came up to the bar, the bartenders at times did the " short pour " when they mixed the customer drink. The customer did not know the difference they were drinking watered down beverage. " Short pours" are pretty common where I worked. I was just a young college kid doing whatever the managers and bartenders told me, but the bar managers knew how to maximize profits and minimize costs.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I absolutely 100% guarantee you alcohol is NOT the problem. The problem is people's choice-making.
Absolutely. It's called "Theme Park IQ Drop" or as I like to put it, "The Disney Affect Effect." This chart is based on scientifically accurate climate change peer-reviewed data and I've purposely left out the numbers from the weather buoys in the Gulf of Mexico.

Da Bird is Da Word

The World showcase and Food and Wine festival is largely an adult oriented experience, which the Disney theme parks largely don’t focus on. I’m glad it is what it is. Granted, my only experience at Disney in the last 12 years was my trip last week in the immediate aftermath of Dorian, and we had a dream trip with no crowds or waits. I’m sure things get more out of hand when the parks get more crowded. Still, some people acting inappropriately is par for the course with alcohol. You can’t have one without the other. Still, I think peoples point is that the occasional behavior problems aren’t serious enough that Disney should stop selling alcohol because of it. Thousands of families vacation in Disney with their children everyday without it being a problem at all. Families and couples loudly arguing with each other while completely sober has been more noticeable to me than obnoxious drunks in all my trips to DW lol.

I love the alcoholics they refuse to admit they are at fault or have any problem at all! Further they defend the use of alcohol to the extreme under any condition! People here are also completely forgetting this is Disney property that was dreamed and created for families with children to enjoy together! I am NOT against serving alcohol in the parks or resort BUT restrictions MUST be used so that EVERYONE especially the CHILDREN do not have to witness bad behavior by ADULTS! Although very rear some of these incidences can be traumatic especially if that child or even adult has been witness or a victim of abuse! If you cannot go a day or two without a drink YOU ARE A ALCOHOLIC! Apparently some feel that even putting limitations of the amount you are served in a given time is a problem to them much less going dry! If that's the case you are not just a alcoholic you must be alcohol dependent! I suggest you get help before you destroy your life and everyone around you!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
If you cannot go a day or two without a drink YOU ARE A ALCOHOLIC! Apparently some feel that even putting limitations of the amount you are served in a given time is a problem to them much less going dry! If that's the case you are not just a alcoholic you must be alcohol dependent! I suggest you get help before you destroy your life and everyone around you!
Sorry, @josephinelcajon , but around here, AA means "Audio Animatronic," not "Alcoholics Anonymous."

There's a big difference between "cannot go a day or two without a drink" and "don't want to go a day or two without a drink," especially while on vacation.

Howze about giving your fellow board denizens a break -- and the benefit of the doubt -- until their behavior (or symptoms) indicate an intervention is needed?

unmitigated disaster

Sorry, @josephinelcajon , but around here, AA means "Audio Animatronic," not "Alcoholics Anonymous."

There's a big difference between "cannot go a day or two without a drink" and "don't want to go a day or two without a drink," especially while on vacation.

Howze about giving your fellow board denizens a break -- and the benefit of the doubt -- until their behavior (or symptoms) indicate an intervention is needed?
I agree, but the people creating the problem are not the "man, that glass of wine I had yesterday was great; I need to see if local liquor store has it when we get back home" drinkers but the ones who, once they start, cannot stop. And will not.

I do wonder how many of them drive drunk.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
restrictions MUST be used so that EVERYONE especially the CHILDREN do not have to witness bad behavior by ADULTS!
Suppose they put restrictions in place and children no longer witnessed bad behavior by adults who had been drinking. You go to the park with your family and youre children are safe from being exposed to "bad behavior". But wait, your sweet babies witness a couple arguing loudly and using bad language, then they witness two people nearly coming to a fist fight over a spot for the parade. As you enter a crowded area, someone rams their stroller into your kids ankle with no apology. Later that day as you enter an attraction, they see and hear a woman being extremely rude to a CM over a FP+ dispute. Oh the horror, what will you do? What restrictions are next? How you can protect your precious children from witnessing such bad behavior by adults? We must protect the children! What do you do!!!???

Incomudro

Or, if you don't like being surrounded by drinking, don't do EPCOT during Food & Wine.

Simple :)

Are you for real?
Yeah, just tell people who would rather not see hammered people to avoid an entire theme park for an entire season.
This makes much more sense than wishing Disney would get a better handle on alcohol distribution, or that drinkers should exercise more responsibility.

Incomudro

Suppose they put restrictions in place and children no longer witnessed bad behavior by adults who had been drinking. You go to the park with your family and youre children are safe from being exposed to "bad behavior". But wait, your sweet babies witness a couple arguing loudly and using bad language, then they witness two people nearly coming to a fist fight over a spot for the parade. As you enter a crowded area, someone rams their stroller into your kids ankle with no apology. Later that day as you enter an attraction, they see and hear a woman being extremely rude to a CM over a FP+ dispute. Oh the horror, what will you do? What restrictions are next? How you can protect your precious children from witnessing such bad behavior by adults? We must protect the children! What do you do!!!???

Well, in the real world - we have these things called "bars" and "clubs."
Entry is age restricted, and even adults know what they are stepping into when they enter one.
They have bouncers that will throw you out the door on your face - as I have witnessed.
Public drunkenness on the streets is also prohibited and local law enforcement will not let a drunk and obnoxious person stagger about for long.
It's not just about "the children" having to see and deal with this behavior.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Well, in the real world - we have these things called "bars" and "clubs."
Entry is age restricted, and even adults know what they are stepping into when they enter one.
They have bouncers that will throw you out the door on your face - as I have witnessed.
Public drunkenness on the streets is also prohibited and local law enforcement will not let a drunk and obnoxious person stagger about for long.
It's not just about "the children" having to see and deal with this behavior.
My point is that bad behavior is bad behavior. Whether its a drunk person puking in a bush or completely sober person acting horribly in public. I was sitting on the patio of a local restaurant on Saturday and their was a (sober) group of adults having a political discussion and nearly every other word was a curse word. There was a table with two young boys right next to them who could easily hear them. Even if a manager asked them to stopped swearing, the children had already heard them. Children are going to witness bad behavior. No restrictions can stop that. Heck, most kids are on the internet and have seen way worse than bad behavior.

The post I responded to said the children shouldnt have to witness bad behavior by people who have been drinking. Does that not seem extremely selective? It is, because they used the old, "think about the children" appeal to suit their argument. What are the restrictions for sober adults who behave horribly, which you see more often in a place like WDW than you do a drunk person behaving poorly?

Kingoglow

Nope. That is just what people dependant on substances say to themselves to make them feel better.

"I am not a smoker. I only smoke on the weekends... and when I have a drink. Which is everyday. But I am not a smoker."

They also use the, 'it's not me, it's everyone else that's a problem' argument a lot:
"Drunks are a problem, but not me, I can handle myself just fine..."

Perhaps people should take a vacation from alcohol.

KCheatle

I like a good drink. Especially at the end of a long day at WDW, and when I'm lounging around a pool and nothing is required of me I'll drink to my heart's content. 🙃 What I cannot comprehend is how or why people drink so much while in the parks at WDW? Especially at Epcot during the food and wine festival. I've seen dozens of people totally plastered. There is no way I would want to walk all day around the world showcase if I was drunk or even buzzed, especially if it was hot. 🤢 Sure, I'll get a beer in Germany or wine in Italy or something fun while I'm there. But, I would never want to feel drunk?? And, I cannot imagine going on rides while drunk-I would be miserable! And I imagine the next day would be rough too...And, I cannot imagine paying what I have to pay to get to WDW and then spending my time drunk 🤔 .... I guess maybe I'm just getting old...😕

ImperfectPixie

Nope. That is just what people dependant on substances say to themselves to make them feel better.

"I am not a smoker. I only smoke on the weekends... and when I have a drink. Which is everyday. But I am not a smoker."

They also use the, 'it's not me, it's everyone else that's a problem' argument a lot:
"Drunks are a problem, but not me, I can handle myself just fine..."

Perhaps people should take a vacation from alcohol.
Nope. You're wrong. All of society pulls the "It's not me, it's everyone else" crap. We get that you don't like booze, but not everyone who drinks has a problem. Alcoholism is no joke - please stop discussing it as if you know what you're talking about, because you very obviously don't. If you'd like to have a discussion about addiction, I would suggest you go to the library and take out a few of the books they give out at AA meetings. In the meantime, stop judging those of us who like to have a drink on occasion and who can actually behave themselves while doing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom