The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Reminds me of swimming lessons. I learned from a Red Cross course in my town when I was 5. I was like a fish in water! Always was a great swimmer.

Now, my mother never was taught how to swim, and she was terrified of water (that's why she enrolled me at 5 to take swimming). Also, hubs never learned how to swim either, and he tried to learn a little, a few years ago, but bailed. Just couldn't get the coordination together, and I think fear set in. Yup, it's a whole different learning curve for adults. I've seen the same type of scenario with skiing -- many kids pick it up so quickly, and have no fear.
We must have had the same mother, except she was so terrified that she would practically faint if my sister and I got in water up to our knees. So we never learned how to swim. The military taught me during basic training by simply throwing me into the 12 foot deep end of the pool. Surprisingly, I learned how to swim, or at least float, rather quickly. I'm not sure I ever could have made it back if I couldn't have seen the shore, but, enough to keep my head above water for a long time.

I had a 24 foot above ground pool when my girls were young. The spent their summers in that pool and went to 4H camp where they both were able to swim across a small lake (about a half mile from one side to the other and back). If my Mother was visiting us when the girls were in the pool she would practically have a heart attack especially when they would do hand stands in the pool with their feet sticking out above water.

donaldtoo

Great stuff...!!!!! :)

As far as the food and libations pics go...that fried chicken looks pretty identical to my moms, and I’ll take that tall glass on the right, please...!!!!! :hilarious::hungry:;):)

StarWarsGirl

Changed her name again. 😁 She was too spunky for a Katie. Her new name is Gidget. She is the black and white kitten sleeping between the storage bins. They are doing so great. They seem to love their new found freedom. Shelter animals are the best.
My mom thought Jasmine was too elegant a name for my Jasmine since she's obviously not elegant in the least. She thought we should call her Jazzy. I vetoed that one; her name was set from the beginning

donaldtoo

TBH the video really sucked LOL

Indeed, it wasn’t very good by today’s standards, but, at the time it was all the rage. It was an “artform” still in its infancy, and there was a lot of experimenting going on at the time which led to much better stuff down the road.
Again, most music videos bore me these days (except for a few country ones, obviously ;)), so I have little interest anymore. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom