Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

solidyne

We need to make sure that every park only has things for kids. I believe it was Walt Disney who said, "You're dead if you don't aim only for kids. "
Good one! Had to read that twice.

Edit: at first I thought the errant placement of the "only" was an intentional joke, an ironic spin on Walt's maxim.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Really little kids have Fantasyland.

Not that it matters anymore.

Each park has to be made with Adults, Teens and Kids in mind. There's a reason why Magic Kingdom is seen as the best park. It has something for everyone.

We need to make sure that every park only has things for kids. I believe it was Walt Disney who said, "You're dead if you don't aim only for kids. "

LOL, not quite.

"We believed in our idea. A family park where parents and children could have fun together."

djkidkaz

I will say Disney is obviously aware of trying to keep showcase from looking like fantasyland. Look at Frozen Ever After for example, other than that one sign above the doors you wouldn’t even notice anything frozen in the pavilion. Same for the Anna / Elsa meet and greet. Or take ratatouille for example, they are building the entire attraction and signage hidden BEHIND the pavilion! I’m all for calling them out when they do something dumb, but I’ll atleast give them credit when I see the effort.

MickeyMouse10

If they do open a Brazil pavilion, it will probably be in phases. They seem to be doing that a lot lately.

Phase One

quick service
table service
store

Phase Two

ride
snack location

nickys

Premium Member
I will say Disney is obviously aware of trying to keep showcase from looking like fantasyland. Look at Frozen Ever After for example, other than that one sign above the doors you wouldn’t even notice anything frozen in the pavilion. Same for the Anna / Elsa meet and greet. Or take ratatouille for example, they are building the entire attraction and signage hidden BEHIND the pavilion! I’m all for calling them out when they do something dumb, but I’ll atleast give them credit when I see the effort.

The Vikings walking around in the front of the Norway Pavilion kinda undermines that effort. Plus they’ve gone with the stereotypical horned helmet, to perpetuate that kids’ myth about them. :banghead:

nickys

Premium Member
If they do open a Brazil pavilion, it will probably be in phases. They seem to be doing that a lot lately.

Phase One

quick service
table service
store

Phase Two

ride
snack location

They haven’t opened a pavilion recently..... and we’re still waiting for phase 2 of Japan and Germany.

Unless you mean RotR? But that’s one example. Hardly “a lot”!

MickeyMouse10

They haven’t opened a pavilion recently..... and we’re still waiting for phase 2 of Japan and Germany.

Unless you mean RotR? But that’s one example. Hardly “a lot”!

Their last 2 lands were opened in phases, both Star Wars and Toy Story Land (with the new announcement). And before that New Fantasyland at Magic didn't open altogether as well. I think it took 2-3 years to get the rest of the land (Dwarves, Fairytale Hall).

Plus add to the list there are also rumors that Pandora (the 3rd newest land) will be expanded upon in the near future.

Last edited:

michmousefan

From @bioreconstruct Twitter

Sad to think how many of those trees are going to have to come out if that is indeed the location of the Brazil pavilion.

And just north of the landscape holding area, what is that steel structure that appears to connect the two buildings on either side?

trainplane3

Sad to think how many of those trees are going to have to come out if that is indeed the location of the Brazil pavilion.

And just north of the landscape holding area, what is that steel structure that appears to connect the two buildings on either side?
It normally has a fabric (?) roof over it for private events. The roof comes off every so often so this isn't a signal that anything is about to start.

WowFactor

They could keep them so you'd have to cross a kind of mini amazon rainforest to get the pavillion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom