News Tomorrowland love

Kman101

No. But it can be part of an overall process to change it up.

If it makes sense, sure it can. But they just seem to slap paint up ... it makes it appear even more of a mess, IMO, as much as I like the pops of color

Like the kaleidoscope of colors did with Future World? It just made it even uglier ...

Not that they have to, but it'd be nice if they explained it all ... but my guess is even they don't know ;)

I shouldn't be left with the impression they're just slapping left over paint all over and calling it a re-theme ... just saying ... (they're just simply updating the former colors with new colors ....)

None of it says TRON to me, or even "80s" ... so what are they going for? I know the entire land isn't finished but it's still very piece-meal and creating even more of a mess. You have different signage walking down the metal sci-fi entryway, you have pops of colors on building, a barebones speedway with a new paint scheme, the sterile white of Space Mountain, the Carousel color scheme ... it all still feels like a mess. It's not coming together at all, IMO. But that's just me :)

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member

From the site that shall not be named...
Honestly these night-time lights do give the land/area a Tron-esque look and feeling..

Edit; I don't actually know if these lights are new, they just pop out more with the new paint scheme when at first glance imo.

build_it

Wondering if they will do the line details like they did on CoP. Those add and help join those together. Thinking a little of that detail might go along way.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
At the very least, it will reduce public drunkenness in Tomorrowland... the paint scheme will induce nausea in anyone already drunk.

MickeyMouse10

Honestly these night-time lights do give the land/area a Tron-esque look and feeling..

Edit; I don't actually know if these lights are new, they just pop out more with the new paint scheme when at first glance imo.

If they are going with more of a Tron theming. Are they going with the bad special effects from Tron 1 or the bad special effects from Tron 2? I have to admit a fake Jeff Bridges would be a pretty creepy Meet and Greet for "Mickey's Not So Scary" though.

No one will get the following joke, but it will look the masks from "The Following". …. crickets. Remember the Kevin Bacon show? .... oh never mind.

ImperfectPixie

View attachment 369315View attachment 369316

The night-time lighting is one of my favorite things about Tomorrowland!

Kman101

The night-time lighting is one of my favorite things about Tomorrowland!

I do love this land at night. I gripe about the theming and paint job but I do find myself hanging out in Tomorrowland a lot at night, just riding the PeopleMover and soaking in the land. It's just always been nice at night. Meanwhile other areas are so dark and lack nice lighting packages ...

jaxonp

I do love this land at night. I gripe about the theming and paint job but I do find myself hanging out in Tomorrowland a lot at night, just riding the PeopleMover and soaking in the land. It's just always been nice at night. Meanwhile other areas are so dark and lack nice lighting packages ...

MK still has the best Tomorrowland in the world. It’s like the one thing Tokyo hasn’t done better.

trainplane3

MK still has the best Tomorrowland in the world. It’s like the one thing Tokyo hasn’t done better.
Oh great, now you've done it. You probably just reminded the OLC they need to update TL so now they'll have their own 5 year plan that includes Tron, a Peoplemover, return of the Star Jets, some type of modernized Horizons, the M:S restaurant we're getting, and a future themed in-park hotel. All just because they'd be crazy enough to do it.

I mean after the plans they announced for the FL and SEA expansions, none of this would surprise me anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom