What did you do?

dreamfinder

2.53@1, 2@8, .53@7:30.

I have decided to “embrace” the hills and stairs and convince myself that I like them 😂

Hear hear!! That's the spirit. And just think, next time you do a race at someplace flat like WDW, you can laugh at everyone who moans about how much of a hill the overpass ramps are.

I've got one direction I can run from my house and not have to embrace hills. At least I can choose if I want the steep hill or the long slow burn hill. ; ) And for some crazy reason, now I want to go run the long slow one.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
already on order! I think I got frostbite!

PS - what was the thingy you were wearing on your wrist under your fitbit? I need one of those too. You said it doesn't affect your HR monitor?

Nope, its thin enough and I've compared it against the HR sensors on the TMs at the gym. It's a cooling wrist band from Dr. Cool. I picked up several from the Expo past races. Usually there's a kiosk outside the Visa Center with Dr. Cool products, but didn't see it this race. So check Amazon.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
3.7 miles on the treadmill at work during lunch. Scooted out of my office about 11:45 so I could get downstairs and changed before most people showed up. Worked out well because there are only 3 treadmills, one wasn’t working and someone was already on one. Plus, I managed to finish my run and get showered and changed before the Zumba class ended. So now I know that if I absolutely must run at lunch to get in before noon.

RunningKoen

9.3M race., 1:14:40
Havent run or seen a gym since wine and dine.

Not my worst time on this race, definitely not my best. Most importantly: I've run this race very constant and with a negative split. And I've gotten my 5 year streak for this race.

To make some of you shiver: it was 40 degrees. Liked it, except for the time in the corral. No warming up and my legs hated me for that during the first KM's.

Last edited:

Texas84

Back from Texas. Ran the Shiner Beer Run half Saturday. Perfect weather, fun event. Food, beer and live music after the race. And a tour of the Shiner brewery. Happy with my time, 10 minutes faster than W&D on a very hilly course, which tells you how bad my W&D half was. My knee gave out about mile 12 but I was able to somehow adjust and finish.
WP_20181117_14_11_43_Richs.jpg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I have so embraced running hills in my collective running group that I even willingly went tonight during our first snow of the season - and snow here doesn’t really accumulate - it more or less melts on contact with the ground unless it comes down too fast to melt on contact, and then it melts seconds later after it accumulates into a slippery soupy mess 😕. On the bright side: it was warmer than WDW Marathon weekend in January and I got in a 3 mile run 😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom