News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I have to agree with that. A light at night in Florida is nothing more than a magnet for insects anyway. Sit on the back of a boat on Bay Lake at night and witness the swarms around the little LED's out there.

I would guess that if they did have lighting, it would be low-level LED lights near the floor. Probably not much brighter than your car's dashboard lights.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You turn on lights in a gondola at night then you won't be able to see the views out the window.

People who couldn't possibly imagine a lightless gondola at night would wind up bitterly complaining about the lights taking away their views.

Just do floor lighting downward facing under the bench. Wouldn’t be too bright to mess with reflections, but would still allow people some comfort

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just do floor lighting downward facing under the bench. Wouldn’t be too bright to mess with reflections, but would still allow people some comfort

Uplighting is so unflattering.

1534474696285.png

Flalex72

The gondola I have ridden with lighting had a pretty small LED in the top middle of the cabin. I don't think it was as bright as the dome light in my car, but it was enough to see around the cabin when there was no external light nearby.

OG Runner

I do not think they will be lighted during the ride, much like the buses and the monorail. They may have some lighting, during
loading, to take away any excuses for a slip and fall.

Lift Blog

Are we expecting this to be WDW's rope? The #chairlift has me curious
I'm not sure but thought it interesting. Another possibility is the new 8 passenger chairlift in Big Sky which is just beginning construction but will beat Skyliner to be the first D-Line in the Americas. Disney's three ropes are rumored to be Fatzer and may already be in Florida. Or it could be this one rope that would late be cut into three sections.

Last edited:

NormC

I'm not sure but thought it interesting. Another possibility is the new 8 passenger chairlift in Big Sky which is just beginning construction but will beat Skyliner to be the first D-Line in the Americas. Disney's three ropes are rumored to be Fatzer and may already be in Florida. Or it could be this one rope that would late be cut into three sections.
I wonder if this is the Big Sky rope because of their use of the word "premiere" in the tweet. Big Sky will be the first operational D-Line because Disney is not in a hurry to be first.

Lift Blog

I wonder if this is the Big Sky rope because of their use of the word "premiere" in the tweet. Big Sky will be the first operational D-Line because Disney is not in a hurry to be first.
It's the US premiere of this particular line of wire rope, which is a more expensive/premium version of what most ski lifts use. Fatzer is not a Doppelmayr company but tends to supply the ropes for their larger projects. I think there is a chance it is WDW's as it looks too long to be for Big Sky. 54 mm is big and indicates either very high capacity or very long lift(s).

Last edited:

NormC

It's the US premiere of this particular line of wire rope, which is a more expensive/premium version of what most ski lifts use. Fatzer is not a Doppelmayr company but tends to supply the ropes for their larger projects. I think there is a chance it is WDW's as it looks too long to be for Big Sky. 54 mm is big and indicates either very high capacity or very long lift(s).

Cool, Thanks. It is getting exciting!

Bender123

I like this mostly because the crazy has tags associated with the steel rope industry are fun to see.

Like, you can just see a group of really determined steel rope manufacturers working like crazy to get those hashtags to go viral...Judy from marketing is furiously typing "#Steelrope4eva" at the end of every tweet, just hoping that this will be the one to earn her that blue check mark...

Goofyernmost

Disney thinks of everything. If your going to die, better to die with an empty bladder!
Not a problem anyway because you will automatically empty both bladder and bowel the moment that bolt of lightning hits. :eek: It might be less messy if you could time it to go to the bathroom just before the lightning strikes. It sure would be courteous to the rescue people if you could make that happen.
Not so much rescue as body retrieval.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom