One Sentence Competition Season 3 - Episode 4

kmbmw777

LONDON VILLAGE
image.jpg

The exterior of Pooh is rethemed to represent one entering the mind of a sleeping boy, and his adventures.

The rest of the land is themed to a small village in England's countryside, with the restaurant being rethemed to a local Pub.

Splash Mountain is renamed to Royal Mountain and is given a completely original story where two burglars break into Buckingham Palace and are being hunted by the guards.

The ride's conclusion features the burglars being comedically ejected from the castle into the Thames RIver, where one sees the beautiful nightlife of London.

Overall, the land combines parody with culture in order to make it a land friendly for all ages.​

D Hulk

cali.jpg

RANCHO SIERRA

Travel to the historic past of DCA's Grizzly Peak Airfield, back to the 1840s when the bucolic mountain forests were divided by the era's Mexican government into private ranchos, farming estates built from the former Spanish missions.

Find the land's architecture reworked into rustic Spanish-style villas, all red tiles and adobe mud, where the plazas teems with beautiful senoritas, charros on horseback, and the local indigenous tribes all celebrating a raucous fiesta.

"Soarin' Around the World" newly hides behind a crumbling mission facade (seen in our concept art), where guests sail the world on wooden glider contraptions similar to DisneySea's upcoming Renaissance-era Soarin'.

"Redwood Creek Challenge Trail" sends guests to discover their spirit animals on a "vision quest" walkthrough amidst native villages and the astounding Californian wilderness .

Lastly, the new "Zorro River Run" plunges guests downstream aboard wooden conquistador rafts which are attacked by Old West river pirates, only to be rescued by California's own swashbuckling masked hero Zorro - finally giving this fun ride some long-needed animatronics and a story (based on Walt Disney's old TV series)!

Suchomimus

View attachment 239685
RANCHO SIERRA

Travel to the historic past of DCA's Grizzly Peak Airfield, back to the 1840s when the bucolic mountain forests were divided by the era's Mexican government into private ranchos, farming estates built from the former Spanish missions.

Find the land's architecture reworked into rustic Spanish-style villas, all red tiles and adobe mud, where the plazas teems with beautiful senoritas, charros on horseback, and the local indigenous tribes all celebrating a raucous fiesta.

"Soarin' Around the World" newly hides behind a crumbling mission facade (seen in our concept art), where guests sail the world on wooden glider contraptions similar to DisneySea's upcoming Renaissance-era Soarin'.

"Redwood Creek Challenge Trail" sends guests to discover their spirit animals on a "vision quest" walkthrough amidst native villages and the astounding Californian wilderness .

Lastly, the new "Zorro River Run" plunges guests downstream aboard wooden conquistador rafts which are attacked by Old West river pirates, only to be rescued by California's own swashbuckling masked hero Zorro - finally giving this fun ride some long-needed animatronics and a story (based on Walt Disney's old TV series)!
I think I see this round’s winner.

spacemt354

Chili's
Correct. As each land has only 1-2 attractions, the idea is one will stay the same (The facade can be changed but the ride stays the same) and then the other ride can be changed to fit the new land.
Just curious since Paradise Pier has roughly 9 attractions, how it compares with Grizzly Airfield and Critter Country which both have far fewer attractions?

The other two options have already been presented wonderfully so I'm trying to be different :p But reading this over I'm a bit confused on if I'm redoing everything in Paradise Pier or only 1-2 attractions?

AceAstro

Original Poster
Just curious since Paradise Pier has roughly 9 attractions, how it compares with Grizzly Airfield and Critter Country which both have far fewer attractions?

The other two options have already been presented wonderfully so I'm trying to be different :p But reading this over I'm a bit confused on if I'm redoing everything in Paradise Pier or only 1-2 attractions?
Good call. To make it closer to the other two lands I split Paradise Pier in two (I could have explained that better in my original challenge explanation my bad). Here is an image:

paradiseaudio1.jpg

The blue area is the area you can change if that's the land you want to use. It includes California Screamin', King Arthurs Carousel, Toy Story Mania, and Mickey's fun wheel (I clearly can't count as this is 4 attractions, not 2).

I hope that clears it up more and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!!

spacemt354

Chili's
Good call. To make it closer to the other two lands I split Paradise Pier in two (I could have explained that better in my original challenge explanation my bad). Here is an image:

paradiseaudio1.jpg

The blue area is the area you can change if that's the land you want to use. It includes California Screamin', King Arthurs Carousel, Toy Story Mania, and Mickey's fun wheel (I clearly can't count as this is 4 attractions, not 2).

I hope that clears it up more and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!!
No worries - all good, thank you for clarifying! I don't mind the additional attractions (4 to 2) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't picking out just 2 attractions. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
San Fransokyo
upload_2017-10-27_19-53-51.jpeg

With the push for more IP inclusion in Disney Parks in general, but particularly in DCA with Pixar and Marvel, Paradise Pier will be split in two, with the southern most portion being converted to the city of San Fransokyo.

California Screamin' is converted into a Baymax Flight roller-coaster (Baymax's First Flight), using the same ride system and on-board audio, just with a different paint scheme and exterior design, which is mostly covered up by San Fransokyo buildings and architecture now.

Toy Story Midway Mania has its theme replaced with a San Fransokyo Institute of Technology Science Fair first person shooter dark ride attraction; Operation Expo.

Mickey's Fun Wheel is re-skinned to resemble the wind turbine blimps seen flying over San Fransokyo in the film, and now, guests can ride high in the sky aboard the San Fransokyo Blimps, which completes the San Fransokyo skyline from the rest of Disney California Adventure.

The final change and only 'new' attraction is the conversion of King Arthur's Carousel into a C-Ticket 'bumper car' style attraction called 'Bot Battle' where you face off against other robotic teams to try and defeat their 'bots'

AceAstro

Original Poster
discovery bay
Screen%20Shot%202015-07-27%20at%2010.38.48%20PM-590x369.png

the unused tony baxter land has finally come to reality! splash mountain will be rethemed into the western river expedition, the ride that fans been dreaming of for years. While winnie the pooh would be replaced by figment's fireworks factory, a shooting ride where you shoot at physical imaginative sets with "firework cannons". Finally the hungry bear would be rethemed into the nautilus utilizing disney's new immersive screen technology.
Interesting idea! I would never have thought about making the area into Discovery Bay!! One thing about this though, Western River Expedition was designed to be in Frontierland so now that it'd be across the river I am not sure how that'd look.

AceAstro

Original Poster
LONDON VILLAGE
image.jpg

The exterior of Pooh is rethemed to represent one entering the mind of a sleeping boy, and his adventures.

The rest of the land is themed to a small village in England's countryside, with the restaurant being rethemed to a local Pub.

Splash Mountain is renamed to Royal Mountain and is given a completely original story where two burglars break into Buckingham Palace and are being hunted by the guards.

The ride's conclusion features the burglars being comedically ejected from the castle into the Thames RIver, where one sees the beautiful nightlife of London.

Overall, the land combines parody with culture in order to make it a land friendly for all ages.​
I really like this idea!! It gives Disneyland parkgoers their own little World Showcase country with two attractions.I think the transition from New Orleans Square to London would also work well and feel it could work better than the current NOS to Critter Country!

AceAstro

Original Poster
View attachment 239685
RANCHO SIERRA

Wow! You used all five sentences here effectively!! I think this would fit that area in perfectly as while Grizzly River Run is great, it could definitely go through a bit of a re-theme and still be successful like Soarin'. I think this would make the land incredible.

AceAstro

Original Poster
San Fransokyo
View attachment 240387
With the push for more IP inclusion in Disney Parks in general, but particularly in DCA with Pixar and Marvel, Paradise Pier will be split in two, with the southern most portion being converted to the city of San Fransokyo.

California Screamin' is converted into a Baymax Flight roller-coaster (Baymax's First Flight), using the same ride system and on-board audio, just with a different paint scheme and exterior design, which is mostly covered up by San Fransokyo buildings and architecture now.

Toy Story Midway Mania has its theme replaced with a San Fransokyo Institute of Technology Science Fair first person shooter dark ride attraction; Operation Expo.

Mickey's Fun Wheel is re-skinned to resemble the wind turbine blimps seen flying over San Fransokyo in the film, and now, guests can ride high in the sky aboard the San Fransokyo Blimps, which completes the San Fransokyo skyline from the rest of Disney California Adventure.

The final change and only 'new' attraction is the conversion of King Arthur's Carousel into a C-Ticket 'bumper car' style attraction called 'Bot Battle' where you face off against other robotic teams to try and defeat their 'bots'

I like the changes you made here. Starting with Screamin' it'd make sense to do Baymax as you could almost give the sensation of flying. For the change to Toy Story Mania, I like the inclusion of our GMR project, I think that would fit nicely in the land and be a good replacement for TSM. I like the new attraction too. It'd be a good replacement for the carousel that just seemed like an afterthought.

AceAstro

Original Poster
Challenge 6: Show the nighttime entertainment what you’ve got

LLgo6xi2XyESFcljWfF2Ww_0yRGW5X35JYjIc7eLgiDYmBYfqdvcSkirYKpFbpE76EZoGhh4urQVcxgJ-UeCV5lv1Zv5MjvcMMvb9ORIwgwwu9h7pduoYbRlClzjyypUudrIQ6r-

-Back Story-

Since the Main Street Electrical Parade is gone (again) there is only one nighttime show at WDW, Happily Ever After. On top of that, Happily Ever After isn’t loved as much as Wishes was. Now you have to fix it.

-Challenge-

Whether it is a nighttime parade or a firework show, bring new nighttime entertainment to WDW. It can be an old show brought back or a completely newly designed show.

-Rules-

For this challenge, you may use 1-3 sentences and 1 picture describing what the new entertainment would look like. This prompt will be due November 3rd at 10 PM EST.

TwilightZone

The lightkeeper
latest

In this new nightime parade, guests see dazzling floats going through the history of disney animation, from oswald and mickey to moana. The parade is hosted by a celestial being known as the lightkeeper, who is a wise old sage wearing a long coat made out of stars. He will tell guests interesting fun facts about each movie shown in the parade. This parade will be both entertaining and educational, and will hopefully make kids and adults alike to get more appreciation for these classic movies.

D Hulk

symph.jpg

SYMPHONIA

"My name is Deems Taylor, and it is my very pleasant duty to welcome you here on behalf of Walt Disney, the Magic Kingdom, and all the other artists and musicians whose combined talents went into the creation of this new luminous parade of song, lights and dance, Symphonia.

"What you're going to see are the floats and dancers and visions inspired by Walt Disney's animated masterpiece Fantasia, with an LED musical wonderland forming before your very eyes from the enchanted instruments of our Merry Marching Orchestra, conducted by yours truly projected in silhouette against Cinderella's Castle.

"The music first takes abstract form with Bach's Toccata and Fugue, then coalesces into enchanted visions based on The Nutcracker Suite, Pastoral Symphony, Rite of Spring, Dance of the Hours, A Night on Bald Mountain, climaxing with a wondrous starfield created by Mickey Mouse portraying The Sorcerer's Apprentice."

spacemt354

Chili's
Future's Past
7e989bfec1057a4f9a2d157a3a798744.jpg

At Walt Disney World, projection shows are becoming a hot commodity, with the castle projection show before (and during) Happily Ever After, The Tree of Life Awakening at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and the Star Wars Spectacular show/Christmas Tower of Terror show at Disney Hollywood Studios. Rounding out the parks will be a new projection show at Epcot upon Spaceship Earth that will prequel the brand new Illuminations 2020 show debuting before Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary. Future's Past will be a 20 minute symphony and celebration of Epcot's (and the world's) progress over the years, illustrated through dazzling images set to past attraction music from Horizons, World of Motion, Wonders of Life, Universe of Energy and more, culminating in skyline view of Progress City morphing into cities of today and tomorrow, showing that the future is just a dream away.

AceAstro

Original Poster
The lightkeeper
latest

In this new nightime parade, guests see dazzling floats going through the history of disney animation, from oswald and mickey to moana. The parade is hosted by a celestial being known as the lightkeeper, who is a wise old sage wearing a long coat made out of stars. He will tell guests interesting fun facts about each movie shown in the parade. This parade will be both entertaining and educational, and will hopefully make kids and adults alike to get more appreciation for these classic movies.
This sounds like a really good parade! I think it would have a lot of potential in the parks!

AceAstro

Original Poster

"My name is Deems Taylor, and it is my very pleasant duty to welcome you here on behalf of Walt Disney, the Magic Kingdom, and all the other artists and musicians whose combined talents went into the creation of this new luminous parade of song, lights and dance, Symphonia.

"What you're going to see are the floats and dancers and visions inspired by Walt Disney's animated masterpiece Fantasia, with an LED musical wonderland forming before your very eyes from the enchanted instruments of our Merry Marching Orchestra, conducted by yours truly projected in silhouette against Cinderella's Castle.

"The music first takes abstract form with Bach's Toccata and Fugue, then coalesces into enchanted visions based on The Nutcracker Suite, Pastoral Symphony, Rite of Spring, Dance of the Hours, A Night on Bald Mountain, climaxing with a wondrous starfield created by Mickey Mouse portraying The Sorcerer's Apprentice."
Wow. This would be amazing!! It seems like it would be i
Magic Kingdom’s take on Fantasmic but I feel like that needs some work so this would be the perfect replacement!

AceAstro

Original Poster
Future's Past
7e989bfec1057a4f9a2d157a3a798744.jpg

At Walt Disney World, projection shows are becoming a hot commodity, with the castle projection show before (and during) Happily Ever After, The Tree of Life Awakening at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and the Star Wars Spectacular show/Christmas Tower of Terror show at Disney Hollywood Studios. Rounding out the parks will be a new projection show at Epcot upon Spaceship Earth that will prequel the brand new Illuminations 2020 show debuting before Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary. Future's Past will be a 20 minute symphony and celebration of Epcot's (and the world's) progress over the years, illustrated through dazzling images set to past attraction music from Horizons, World of Motion, Wonders of Life, Universe of Energy and more, culminating in skyline view of Progress City morphing into cities of today and tomorrow, showing that the future is just a dream away.
I think an EPCOT projection show is a magnificent idea! Especially one that shows the History of the Park and how it has transformed. This is a really good idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom