One Sentence Competition Season 3 - Episode 4

D Hulk

studio_ghibli.jpg

GHIBLI KINGDOM
In a future where James Cameron withdraws his license and housing animals becomes impractical, Animal Kingdom must sadly close its gates...to triumphantly reemerge as a whimsical new park dedicated to Japan's great animation factory Studio Ghibli (whose films Disney distributes abroad).

Ghibli Kingdom retains Animal Kingdom's lush natural infrastructure and even its environmentalist themes (a Ghibli specialty), all encapsulated by the central iconic Totoro Tree, a gigantic camphor which houses a flying simulator on the fuzzy back of the gentle forest spirit Totoro.

Either on foot or aboard a Catbus, guests can explore other fantastical realms such as Laputa (formerly Pandora), the mythical floating Castle in the Sky where visitors can fly with air pirates aboard a steampunk glider, or ride a boat into Laputa's lush inner sanctums.

Dinoland U.S.A. becomes the mystical world of Spirited Away, where a divine bathhouse houses a charming new trackless dark ride, while Expedition Everest rethemes as a wild ride through Howl's Moving Castle, and Kali River Rapids becomes a trek through the haunted forests of Princess Mononoke.

Meanwhile, Africa and the massive acres of Kilimanjaro Safari divide into further adorable lands, like an enclosed family area for Ponyo's underwater kingdom, or a coastal Adriatic Village which is home to aviators such as Porco Rosso or Kiki, or the Valley of the Wind where Nausicaa helps nature battle pollution.

Suchomimus

Challenge 9: Time to close up shop

9qfB8_TK_QujWAqegp15g4avqmruiWKsfzkiJpJWgOTUxccQDjsOa2_4tkYPMtkgFS7anAnkKaOTy7NOnKTsNFrmCv2FTDlP7oaHfM-2D78F6XuH44hqHyAkaWaPercUud0xDEWo

-Back Story-

For the final challenge of the season, it is time to make a big change. It’s time to change up the WDW skyline in a big way. In a shocking way, you are forced to close one of the parks.

-Challenge-

The challenge is that you have to close one of the 4 parks to replace it with a full IP based park. It can be currently owned by Disney (Lucasfilms, Marvel, Pixar, etc.) or something that is not Disney-based but would buy for the purpose of the park (Avatar). The only rule is that it cannot be a Universal-based IP (E.T., Jurassic Park, etc.) but assume that for this challenge there is no longer a Marvel Superhero island so you can make a Marvel park if that’s what is wanted.​

spacemt354

Chili's
While I do enjoy both theme songs I gotta give it to Seinfeld. It's just such a good theme song!
That show nailed what it's like living in an apartment in and around NYC in the 90s. (I did for a long time growing up)

The Doorman, Mom and Pop Shops, random Pakistani restaurants that have nobody going to them, The Wiz, cold weather, the Hamptons, and most of all crazy neighbors. :hilarious:

kmbmw777

Disney's Marvelous Universe
Marvel%20park%20%284%29.preview.jpg

The first of the four opening lands in this vast kingdom replacing Hollywood Studios (and the entrance land) is Stark Expo, where guests can ride cool attractions such as The Iron Man Experience (an amazing simulator) and meet with your favorite characters from Agents of Shield in SHIELD Outpost.

The second land is Hero City which is located behind the park icon (Avenger Tower) and features the majority of rides in the park - inspired by the Avengers and street level heroes like the Defenders and Spider-man.

The third land, connecting to Hero City is called
Mystic Point and serves as the park's Fantasy-land, with rides inspired by Dr. Strange and Iron Fist.

The fourth land is named Cosmos and is heavily inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor: Ragnarok, to the point where the Grandmaster hosts his stunt show (named Hulk v the World), the Collector gives tours of his collections, and The Nova Corps recruit guests to fight for them in Guardians of the Galaxy: Siege of Xander.

Overall, the part may seem to cater to the male gender, which is corrected via the use a future Asgard expansion - where Norse royalty roam free.

AceAstro

Original Poster
Toon Park
toontown_transit_sm.jpg

Replacing Hollywood studios, toon park is based on the beloved toontown from who framed roger rabbit. Unlike previous toontowns, this one will be exactly like the one seen in the movie. The big e-ticket will be a revival of the cancelled roger rabbit ride, using the new 2 and a half d technology, as well as many other spectacular special effects. There will be other, non roger related attractions as well, such as mickey and minnie's house, mickey and minnie's runaway railway, duckberg, and so on.
This is a really interesting idea. I would have never thought of making a whole park around one film. That scene was so spectacular in the film it would make sense to be its own park. With ToonTown gone in the Magic Kingdom this would a great replacement!

AceAstro

Original Poster
studio_ghibli.jpg

GHIBLI KINGDOM
In a future where James Cameron withdraws his license and housing animals becomes impractical, Animal Kingdom must sadly close its gates...to triumphantly reemerge as a whimsical new park dedicated to Japan's great animation factory Studio Ghibli (whose films Disney distributes abroad).

Ghibli Kingdom retains Animal Kingdom's lush natural infrastructure and even its environmentalist themes (a Ghibli specialty), all encapsulated by the central iconic Totoro Tree, a gigantic camphor which houses a flying simulator on the fuzzy back of the gentle forest spirit Totoro.

Either on foot or aboard a Catbus, guests can explore other fantastical realms such as Laputa (formerly Pandora), the mythical floating Castle in the Sky where visitors can fly with air pirates aboard a steampunk glider, or ride a boat into Laputa's lush inner sanctums.

Dinoland U.S.A. becomes the mystical world of Spirited Away, where a divine bathhouse houses a charming new trackless dark ride, while Expedition Everest rethemes as a wild ride through Howl's Moving Castle, and Kali River Rapids becomes a trek through the haunted forests of Princess Mononoke.

Meanwhile, Africa and the massive acres of Kilimanjaro Safari divide into further adorable lands, like an enclosed family area for Ponyo's underwater kingdom, or a coastal Adriatic Village which is home to aviators such as Porco Rosso or Kiki, or the Valley of the Wind where Nausicaa helps nature battle pollution.
Another IP I wouldn't have thought of making a park around. It is a beautifully designed IP and has so many beautiful possibilities. My only fear would be how well a average Joe of the street would know the IP. Otherwise, it was beautiful.

AceAstro

Original Poster
Disney's Marvelous Universe
Marvel%20park%20%284%29.preview.jpg

The first of the four opening lands in this vast kingdom replacing Hollywood Studios (and the entrance land) is Stark Expo, where guests can ride cool attractions such as The Iron Man Experience (an amazing simulator) and meet with your favorite characters from Agents of Shield in SHIELD Outpost.

The second land is Hero City which is located behind the park icon (Avenger Tower) and features the majority of rides in the park - inspired by the Avengers and street level heroes like the Defenders and Spider-man.

The third land, connecting to Hero City is called
Mystic Point and serves as the park's Fantasy-land, with rides inspired by Dr. Strange and Iron Fist.

The fourth land is named Cosmos and is heavily inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor: Ragnarok, to the point where the Grandmaster hosts his stunt show (named Hulk v the World), the Collector gives tours of his collections, and The Nova Corps recruit guests to fight for them in Guardians of the Galaxy: Siege of Xander.

Overall, the part may seem to cater to the male gender, which is corrected via the use a future Asgard expansion - where Norse royalty roam free.
I added the option to do a Marvel park just because I wanted to see how someone would do it. And you did not disappoint! What a park this would be! I would go to this park constantly!

AceAstro

Original Poster
Thank you, everyone, for a great competition! I had some hiccups throughout so that really helped to get some experience in hosting competitions! I hope everyone had a good time through it and I can't wait to see you in the next episode of the One Sentence Competition!

With that, if anyone wants to be the host of the next episode, just post on here or send me a message! As so eloquently put by @spacemt354 "We try to have it be a rotating panel of people, usually first-time hosts are preferred as this is a more simple competition, to begin with as a host. So if anyone is interested, go for it!"

And with that, thank you!

spacemt354

Chili's
Sugar honey iced tea I completely forgot to post the park:eek::p

Ah...anyway -- it was a Star Wars Theme Park designed in the style of the Magic Kingdom. :bookworm:
Main Street U.S.A. - Naboo
Adventureland - Kashyyyk
Frontierland - Tatooine
Liberty Square - Bespin
Fantasyland - Alderaan
Tomorrowland - Death Star

Yada, yada, yada - Star Wars has enough for its own park.

Great job with hosting the comp @AceAstro ! It went by fast - and that's how you know you had a good time!

AceAstro

Original Poster
Sugar honey iced tea I completely forgot to post the park:eek::p

Ah...anyway -- it was a Star Wars Theme Park designed in the style of the Magic Kingdom. :bookworm:
Main Street U.S.A. - Naboo
Adventureland - Kashyyyk
Frontierland - Tatooine
Liberty Square - Bespin
Fantasyland - Alderaan
Tomorrowland - Death Star

Yada, yada, yada - Star Wars has enough for its own park.

Great job with hosting the comp @AceAstro ! It went by fast - and that's how you know you had a good time!
That would be an interesting park for sure! You can never go wrong with Star Wars!

Thanks for the compliment! I definitely had a fun time hosting the competition and I recommend hosting one to anyone and everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom