One Sentence Competition Season 3 - Episode 4

AceAstro

Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 4
Challenge 2
I'll be honest, this week was a hard one to judge! There were so many good entries!

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png
Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

AceAstro

Original Poster
Challenge #3: A new view of the world
KakQdMKiKaHaiboG16sF-Uy_KswBmzQiZ0p0jgfUnmb8cmOLc6qLnQShss8c6vH8DppzYndWQV0HPKsKAY-nYYbx6MOIbPvwlkXvQsQQzdHoHvF4LRuKGJMTsUN1Zw7Yp2f0xMcd

-Back Story-

With the Frozen ride recently coming to Norway and Ratatouille coming to the France pavilion we are seeing more and more rides coming to the World Showcase.

-Challenge-

To fit in with all the new ride changes coming to EPCOT, I want you to add a ride to the Germany, Italy or UK pavilion.

-Rules-

For this challenge, you may use 1-3 sentences and 1 picture describing which country you will add the attraction to and the basic premise of the attraction. This project is due on October 7th at 10 PM EST

TwilightZone

Mr. Toad's Crazy Ride
The sequel to the beloved classic, this has not one, not two, but three different tracks and three different endings. Path one will take visitors through a brewery and when hit by the train, the visitors end up in hell. Path two will take visitors to a german downtown area and when hit by the train, the visitors end up in heaven. Path three will take visitors through a series of buildings, ending up in a courthouse, and when hit by the train, the visitors end up in limbo. The vehicles will also have the spin aspect of rodger rabbit's cartoon spin for an extra layer of fun. This dark ride will be placed somewhere in germany and will be fun for the whole family.

kmbmw777

Challenge #3: A new view of the world
KakQdMKiKaHaiboG16sF-Uy_KswBmzQiZ0p0jgfUnmb8cmOLc6qLnQShss8c6vH8DppzYndWQV0HPKsKAY-nYYbx6MOIbPvwlkXvQsQQzdHoHvF4LRuKGJMTsUN1Zw7Yp2f0xMcd

-Back Story-

With the Frozen ride recently coming to Norway and Ratatouille coming to the France pavilion we are seeing more and more rides coming to the World Showcase.

-Challenge-

To fit in with all the new ride changes coming to EPCOT, I want you to add a ride to the Germany, Italy or UK pavilion.

-Rules-

For this challenge, you may use 1-3 sentences and 1 picture describing which country you will add the attraction to and the basic premise of the attraction. This project is due on October 7th at 10 PM EST

Does the attraction have to be based off of an IP?

spacemt354

Chili's
The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever

beatles-leland-castro.jpg

Board a Yellow Submarine and chase after Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds on this brand new Beatles inspired dark ride for the UK Pavilion. Originally where the British Invasion played towards the back of the pavilion, you'll board your ride vehicles and drift off into an ocean of Beatles inspired scenes - using technology from the new Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, you'll experience 2D animated Beatles environments, with a 3D effect, which will surely be a fan favorite with any and all Beatles fans in the family.

D Hulk

Just a few more hours to get a submission in!!
Very well...

IMG_5995.JPG

DANTE'S DIVINE COMEDY
INFERNO: Coming to Epcot's Italy is an uplifting boat ride through Dante Alighieri's timelessly imaginative classic of Italian literature, carrying guests along a journey of redemption from the dark recesses of Inferno to the towering minarets of Purgatorio and up into the lofty oasis of Paradiso.

PURGATORIO: Ride with your mentor Virgil (an on-ride cast member narrator) upon Charon's raft of the afterlife, realized with the jaw-dropping tech of Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure, combining animatronic creatures like Cerberus and Geryon with screen-based ascensions into the heavenly firmament.

PARADISO: Disney takes care to present the Divine Comedy in a literary (not theological) context, with the queue through a replica of the Medici Library in Venice overflowing with artwork depicting all eras of Italian literature, and with a playful visual aesthetic rendering a tricky topic approachable and family-friendly.

kmbmw777

Tales from the Brothers Grimm
4390783_Fairy_Tales_Puzzle.jpg

This new dark ride in the Germany takes guests through the classic fairy tales written by German authors.

Journey through the non-Disney adapted versions of Cinderella, and other works like Hansel and Gretel.

Overall, this will be a ride very representive of German traditions and will be a great addition to the park.​

AceAstro

Original Poster
Mr. Toad's Crazy Ride
The sequel to the beloved classic, this has not one, not two, but three different tracks and three different endings. Path one will take visitors through a brewery and when hit by the train, the visitors end up in hell. Path two will take visitors to a german downtown area and when hit by the train, the visitors end up in heaven. Path three will take visitors through a series of buildings, ending up in a courthouse, and when hit by the train, the visitors end up in limbo. The vehicles will also have the spin aspect of rodger rabbit's cartoon spin for an extra layer of fun. This dark ride will be placed somewhere in germany and will be fun for the whole family.
I like the idea of this quite a lot! The only problem for me is location. If I remember correctly, Mr. Toad is set in the UK so would have fit much better there instead.

AceAstro

Original Poster
The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever

beatles-leland-castro.jpg

Board a Yellow Submarine and chase after Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds on this brand new Beatles inspired dark ride for the UK Pavilion. Originally where the British Invasion played towards the back of the pavilion, you'll board your ride vehicles and drift off into an ocean of Beatles inspired scenes - using technology from the new Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, you'll experience 2D animated Beatles environments, with a 3D effect, which will surely be a fan favorite with any and all Beatles fans in the family.

Great idea!! I think it'd fit into the pavilion perfectly! My only concern would be about how many younger kids would know who the Beatles are.

AceAstro

Original Poster
Very well...

View attachment 236593
DANTE'S DIVINE COMEDY
INFERNO: Coming to Epcot's Italy is an uplifting boat ride through Dante Alighieri's timelessly imaginative classic of Italian literature, carrying guests along a journey of redemption from the dark recesses of Inferno to the towering minarets of Purgatorio and up into the lofty oasis of Paradiso.

PURGATORIO: Ride with your mentor Virgil (an on-ride cast member narrator) upon Charon's raft of the afterlife, realized with the jaw-dropping tech of Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure, combining animatronic creatures like Cerberus and Geryon with screen-based ascensions into the heavenly firmament.

PARADISO: Disney takes care to present the Divine Comedy in a literary (not theological) context, with the queue through a replica of the Medici Library in Venice overflowing with artwork depicting all eras of Italian literature, and with a playful visual aesthetic rendering a tricky topic approachable and family-friendly.
I know don't know where to even start with this... I love Dante's work so a ride like this would be great. It would be a fun ride that is also educational!

AceAstro

Original Poster
Tales from the Brothers Grimm
4390783_Fairy_Tales_Puzzle.jpg

This new dark ride in the Germany takes guests through the classic fairy tales written by German authors.

Journey through the non-Disney adapted versions of Cinderella, and other works like Hansel and Gretel.

Overall, this will be a ride very representive of German traditions and will be a great addition to the park.​
This is a great idea! Make a ride that gives us a look into where the inspiration for many classic Disney films came from! It'd be a great fit in the Germany Pavilion!

AceAstro

Original Poster
I apologize as I posted the wrong challenge this morning (Whoops). If you started on this prompt, don't be too worried as it will be used next week, I just wanted to change the order of prompts so posted the wrong one. The correct one will be posted in a couple minutes here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom