Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

zipadee999

I've got a question, who is making this track for Big thunder mountain? For that matter, Who would make it for space mountain? Would Disney themselves make it out of discrete components and do all the welding? Or would they contract with a coaster manufacturing company to make the track? If it took a year to retrack inn Disneyland, it sounds like they did it themselves out of discrete components. I wouldn't think that it wouldn't take very long to cut up the old track and then bolt together all the new track. I've seen amusement parks assemble all the tracks and supports for a steel coaster in less than 3 months.
They seem to have a close relationship with Vekoma, so I wouldn’t be suprised to see them do it

ToTBellHop

They seem to have a close relationship with Vekoma, so I wouldn’t be suprised to see them do it
Yes, it’s Vekoma, I believe. They built DLPs anyway. Regardless of who makes the track, it will be smooth like buttah and 3 quiet(!) lift hills where the third one doesn’t frighteningly list to the side. Y’all know what I’m talking about there.

Just no Intamin!

lazyboy97o

I've got a question, who is making this track for Big thunder mountain? For that matter, Who would make it for space mountain? Would Disney themselves make it out of discrete components and do all the welding? Or would they contract with a coaster manufacturing company to make the track? If it took a year to retrack inn Disneyland, it sounds like they did it themselves out of discrete components. I wouldn't think that it wouldn't take very long to cut up the old track and then bolt together all the new track. I've seen amusement parks assemble all the tracks and supports for a steel coaster in less than 3 months.
Dynamic Attractions provided the new track for Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland.

There’s a big difference between working on a clear site and amongst and within an intricately themed shell.

ToTBellHop

Dynamic Attractions provided the new track for Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland.

There’s a big difference between working on a clear site and amongst and within an intricately themed shell.
Didn’t know that. I guess that’s a possibility, too.

LittleBuford

As I've said, all information publicly shared came from the one who cleared me to share it, and all the information exclusive to the one who asked me not to was left private. In addition, both have already said that the way I worded it was fine and couldn't be tracked back to them
I would add a note to your original post explaining this so that others don’t misunderstand you.

Goofnut1980

I was just on this attraction on Monday with a CM friend and I had commented, this was due for an overhaul.. Then I see this today.. Maybe I need to put more out into the universe... What do we want to see get spruced up.

I am surprised about HM and Space. Those are both well overdue for a major redo.

Wasn't the last big Space Mountain redo in 2007? or around there. Which was the same as HM. I may be wrong thought.

discos

I was talking to a CM at AK a few weeks ago who said they may delay closing Dinosaur while they start work on the Dinorama area.
I feel like something like this would initially happen.... they'll begin with demo and site prep for everything in red, leaving the blue path for guest access allowing Dinosaur and Restaurant-o-saurus to stay open. Realistically the area in red requires the most work since they're new builds whereas most of the work for the restaurant and dinosaur are just layovers.
Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 1.43.18 PM.png

DisDude23

We hope the 3 year timeline is BS....
I personally think that the 3 year timeline isn’t exactly BS but a case of multiple things getting confused with each other. I think once the Beyond Big Thunder project gets so far along the Disney World Railroad will need to be shut down again and THAT will be the railroad that is out for 3 years.

ToTBellHop

I personally think that the 3 year timeline isn’t exactly BS but a case of multiple things getting confused with each other. I think once the Beyond Big Thunder project gets so far along the Disney World Railroad will need to be shut down again and THAT will be the railroad that is out for 3 years.
The WDWRR won’t need to close for 3 years. But, it is a pity they weren’t forward-thinking enough to do this prep work when it was down for TRON…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom