Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

lazyboy97o

I personally think that the 3 year timeline isn’t exactly BS but a case of multiple things getting confused with each other. I think once the Beyond Big Thunder project gets so far along the Disney World Railroad will need to be shut down again and THAT will be the railroad that is out for 3 years.
Or it could just be something as simple as the whole thing being a three year project. There’s plenty of work to do before the attraction actually closes.

DisDude33

Or it could just be something as simple as the whole thing being a three year project. There’s plenty of work to do before the attraction actually closes.
This is very true. There is so much being thrown around right now that I bet the people making the decisions can’t even keep track of the information right now. But my main point is just that I don’t think the 3 years claim was randomly made up by anyone trying to sound cool or whatever.

Fido Chuckwagon

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills... Is anyone going to ask why on Earth Thunder would be getting retracked in the first place? There's absolutely nothing wrong with the ride experience. My 4 year old son and my elderly mother-in-law all ride it comfortably.
Because the track is at the end of it’s useful life and that is a thing that has to happen with outdoor coasters in Florida? This isn’t particularly controversial, the only unknown is when this is going to happen, not if.

ToTBellHop

This is very true. There is so much being thrown around right now that I bet the people making the decisions can’t even keep track of the information right now. But my main point is just that I don’t think the 3 years claim was randomly made up by anyone trying to sound cool or whatever.
No, it’s just a big number thrown out without context.

Do we think they can actually get any of BBT actually open in 2027?

I’ve already started protecting my heart by accepting that Villain Land will be the phase 2 we never see due to cost over-runs. I wish they wouldn’t even release concept art…but they will.

With that said, Thunder needs a new track even if BBT is canceled. So it’ll get one.

Tha Realest

I’ve already started protecting my heart by accepting that Villain Land will be the phase 2 we never see due to cost over-runs. I wish they wouldn’t even release concept art…but they will.

With that said, Thunder needs a new track even if BBT is canceled. So it’ll get one.
It would be hilarious if, after all this hysteria over $60 billion! $17 billion! Beyond Big Thunder! all that comes of it is a new Moana ride (somewhere), a remade track for BTMRR, Dinoland to Indy and a new Encanto-something.

DisDude33

I feel like Villain’s Land is a concept that the imagineers really want to make but none of the people cashing the checks want to pay for.

MerlinTheGoat

As they are obviously never going to use the collapsing wall/rock effects ever again, this will have to suffice. Even though i'll always miss that old unique practical effect. Far better alternative than the nothing that has been there for....I don't even know how long (disabled prior to 2010 I'm guessing).

As I was saying...
Is the 18 months just the amount of time BTM will be down for, with the following year or so of site prep being for the Beyond stuff while BTM remains open?

Mr. Sullivan

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills... Is anyone going to ask why on Earth Thunder would be getting retracked in the first place? There's absolutely nothing wrong with the ride experience. My 4 year old son and my elderly mother-in-law all ride it comfortably.
Its one of the most cycled coasters in the world and all coaster track eventually needs to be replaced when it begins to show wear and tear beyond reasonable limits of fixing. BTMRR is already old as far as coasters go. That it went this long without a retrack is a minor miracle.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom