Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Splash4eva

Exactly but unfortunately bad behavior has not been addressed before it gets out of hand. They don't have enough security with all the bad behavior that we are seeing.
& again. Who’s fault is that?!? I agree guests need to behave etc but bottom line is Disney has a duty and they seem to fail at times when it comes to this.

pdude81

I keep hearing about how these changes will result in fistfights in the aisles, disgruntled screaming at GR CMs…

Disagreement with policies never excuses bad behavior. Those people that do those things should be trespassed, full stop.
Correct, but there have been more complaints and conflicts from people walking through the line after going to the bathroom to begin with (from non-DAS guests in SB queue). What I was saying is that Disney will have to put together some sort of system that allows people to re-enter lines safely, or else they actually run the risk of losing a legal challenge.

The major benefit they get from this is that people who theoretically might have an issue and need to leave the line will only do so when necessary, thus cutting way back on the number of people in the LL queue. However, they need to have a plan in place to deal with incidents as they arise (or better yet, preventing them). Simplistic solutions like "just ban them" doesn't help unless the behavior of all parties to a conflict is easily determined. And given that we've already had some brawl video incidents in recent years, Disney couldn't pretend they didn't know that guests trying to return to their spot in line wouldn't face additional risk. This all really depends on the implementation.

BatuuTraveler

So everyone does realize that they actually already do return to line with success, right? Someone in my party has bathroom issues that require them to get out of line several times a trip, always when we've already been in line a while. And no, we do not use DAS. They have no issue exiting the line (people really only care when you try to return). They have a quick convo with the cast member at the entrance, explain the situation, go to the bathroom and are then led back through the lightning lane merge where they wait for the rest of the party. We identify them as part of our party to the cast member and they are allowed to join us post merge. Absolutely no issues.

pdude81

So everyone does realize that they actually already do return to line with success, right? Someone in my party has bathroom issues that require them to get out of line several times a trip, always when we've already been in line a while. And no, we do not use DAS. They have no issue exiting the line (people really only care when you try to return). They have a quick convo with the cast member at the entrance, explain the situation, go to the bathroom and are then led back through the lightning lane merge where they wait for the rest of the party. We identify them as part of our party to the cast member and they are allowed to join us post merge. Absolutely no issues.
If they designate the LL return point for meeting up with the others waiting, that is a reasonable solution. And what you said is that the person actually waits in line until they need a return pass. This seems reasonable except when the person needing to leave the line has only minor children with them and then they all need to return somehow, or if the person with bathroom issues is by themselves. There will be many opportunities to test each groups unique situations and see how it plays out.

You were doing this on a small scale where the cast had discretion. Reportedly with updates to DAS, cast will have no discretion on who gets what accommodation. And the number of people needing to return to line will be much greater in a month. I hope that your example will work for most people at the increased scale.

Happyday

Correct, but there have been more complaints and conflicts from people walking through the line after going to the bathroom to begin with (from non-DAS guests in SB queue). What I was saying is that Disney will have to put together some sort of system that allows people to re-enter lines safely, or else they actually run the risk of losing a legal challenge.

The major benefit they get from this is that people who theoretically might have an issue and need to leave the line will only do so when necessary, thus cutting way back on the number of people in the LL queue. However, they need to have a plan in place to deal with incidents as they arise (or better yet, preventing them). Simplistic solutions like "just ban them" doesn't help unless the behavior of all parties to a conflict is easily determined. And given that we've already had some brawl video incidents in recent years, Disney couldn't pretend they didn't know that guests trying to return to their spot in line wouldn't face additional risk. This all really depends on the implementation.
You are correct they unfortunately need more cast members to catch the behavior before it escalates but this is a catch 22 because more cast members means more expense which then leads to higher prices then to more upset people...they do need to find a way to give consequences before it becomes a trespass situation🤷🏻‍♀️
Unfortunately we as a society do not seem to understand common courtesy anymore IMO.

TrainsOfDisney

I keep hearing about how these changes will result in fistfights in the aisles, disgruntled screaming at GR CMs…
These changes will result in slightly annoyed people in the aisles and frustrated guests making complaints at GR.

Is that better?

Now…. Maybe Disney could create a policy that avoids both of these! Win win!

Disstevefan1

I attached a screenshot of the relevant portion. There is literally a quote from Disneyland indicating that they sold it for more than face value, and then two paragraphs below that they write a full apology appearing to admit to it.
It’s funny the article says he offered them for face value and Disney says he sold them for twice the price. The truth doesn’t matter either way, Disney is in control in any event.

Disney plays hardball when it comes to this stuff.

The ONLY thing to do here was to call Disney and explain about getting COVID. I really do think he would have gotten refunds.

Tha Realest

These changes will result in slightly annoyed people in the aisles and frustrated guests making complaints at GR.

Is that better?

Now…. Maybe Disney could create a policy that avoids both of these! Win win!
“Frustrated guests at GR” should pre-clear their disability eligibility, read the new policies, and arrive with measured expectations before thinking they can (in your view, should?) creating havoc to line CMs. Disney has no obligation or duty to tailor policies to patently unreasonable people.

Chip Chipperson

Those are not facts.
That is literally what happens for anyone who buys event tickets and can't use them. Credits are the more common result, but guests have received refunds in the past for certain situations. I've never heard of someone saying, "I bought MNSSHP tickets, got COVID, and Disney told me I'm SOL." A credit for future tickets could have been applied to their Disneyland Magic Key renewal, at worst. The fact that Disney is saying flat out that he sold them for more than face value tells me that he did exactly that. They have no reason to lie - and every reason not to lie since he could sue them for slandering him by knowingly falsely accusing him of scalping the tickets.

AEfx

Original Poster
He definitely would have gotten a refund. His absolute worst case scenario was a credit.
Those are not facts.

I hesitate to weigh in on this, because it's one of those things that no, Disney does not advertise as policy, but yes, that's exactly what would have happened.

I had MVMCP party tickets last year, and spouse had a severe medical problem which was weeks in the hospital just before our trip, which we had to cancel. We had no other reservations or tickets with Disney but those party tickets (everything else was Universal). They first offered to let us pick another date, but when I said we wouldn't be coming to FL at all, they issued a full refund as a "one time courtesy". I didn't have to fight, or escalate to a supervisor, or anything. I was on the phone for less than 5 minutes.

Disney has the strict policies in place they do for hard ticket events to keep them from being scalped, not to punish people who have a legitimate issue. Of course, that's why I hesitated to even say this, because they are just going on your word - but I'm sure there is now a note on my Disney account showing this, and if I tried to do the same thing repeatedly, I'm sure the outcome would be different.

lazyboy97o

Disagreement with policies never excuses bad behavior. Those people that do those things should be trespassed, full stop.
Recognizing negative outcomes is not support for those outcomes. Banning people happens after the fact. You’ve still subjected people to harassment or an altercation.

Splash4eva

It’s funny the article says he offered them for face value and Disney says he sold them for twice the price. The truth doesn’t matter either way, Disney is in control in any event.

Disney plays hardball when it comes to this stuff.

The ONLY thing to do here was to call Disney and explain about getting COVID. I really do think he would have gotten refunds.
I was thinking same thing. Article contradicts itself and yes agreed. A phone call would have gotten his money back

pdude81

That is literally what happens for anyone who buys event tickets and can't use them. Credits are the more common result, but guests have received refunds in the past for certain situations. I've never heard of someone saying, "I bought MNSSHP tickets, got COVID, and Disney told me I'm SOL." A credit for future tickets could have been applied to their Disneyland Magic Key renewal, at worst. The fact that Disney is saying flat out that he sold them for more than face value tells me that he did exactly that. They have no reason to lie - and every reason not to lie since he could sue them for slandering him by knowingly falsely accusing him of scalping the tickets.
"offered at face value" on ebay sounds to me like starting bid was face value. I have no knowledge of this situation, but if you wanted to sell for face value it doesn't have to go on an auction site that takes a rake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom