News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
@Drew the Disney Dude Was it just the one boat of Imagineers that went yesterday or did more come after them?
They all went on a couple of times, but the first-ever test ride was at 4:07 pm, and the last one for the day was at 4:54 pm.

I didn't post the link to this one here but I got multiple videos each time they came down the drop!

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I truly love sharing updates just as much as documenting the construction process itself, and truthfully am trying to bring a positive angle to this attraction with the amount of ridiculous and unnecessary negativity towards it.
This is the kind of archival and preservation work that goes so under appreciated in the moment, but means the world decades from now. Bravo.

bmr1591

IMG_0669.jpeg

Just saw this. That’s a nice touch by Imagineers to make a subtle reference to the original.

DreamfinderGuy

Why would they do a callback to a problematic attraction?
As fun as it is to consider it a nod, I see it as more of a necessity than anything. They made a highly visible exterior scene that makes people think "Wow, that ride looks fun, where do I go to get on that?". When Splash was testing they had a need to let people know you couldn't get on it yet. The same goes for Bayou. There aren't many ways you can rephrase "We're testing the ride, check back when it's done to ride it yourself".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom